A dying oil town in China

Guest Tony n Terrific

This is no different than many towns that popped up during the mining and logging era of Michigan and many other states in the US. When the resources in the area where gone the towns died. People moved on or they adapted to the change and developed a different industry to provide a living. Though the towns that where not able to change died, pure and simple. Not much can be done to change this. Tis a sad thought, but if the people there don't see this they need to be helped to understand that they need to move. Sure some will need help to move and relocate.

Guest Tony n Terrific

But there's a difference between cutting down all the trees or mining out an ore vein and towns dieing because carpets or cars can be made cheaper elsewhere.IMHO

True. We are seeing this now in the meltdown of our financial institutions. The middle class that was created by Henry Ford's moving assembly line is vanishing in the USA.

In the next 10 years we will not have a middle class in this country. Then brother we are going to see some real terrible things happen in this country that will make the American Civil war look like a day in the park. This Wall Streets wake up call. Continue to send our good paying jobs overseas along with exporting our technology for short term profit and you are not going to have anything worthwhile investing in.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

But there's a difference between cutting down all the trees or mining out an ore vein and towns dieing because carpets or cars can be made cheaper elsewhere.IMHO

True. We are seeing this now in the meltdown of our financial institutions. The middle class that was created by Henry Ford's moving assembly line is vanishing in the USA.

In the next 10 years we will not have a middle class in this country. Then brother we are going to see some real terrible things happen in this country that will make the American Civil war look like a day in the park. This Wall Streets wake up call. Continue to send our good paying jobs overseas along with exporting our technology for short term profit and you are not going to have anything worthwhile investing in.

Short term profit is never a good way to do things without long term plans being in place. The question is will the powers to be see this in time or should I just move now. Buy something in an area that has enough of a future for me and Ada to live out our life.

Though the question there where is that........

I don't know very much but I do know this, after the make the money fast and bail guys drive the US into the toilet China will come looking for payment for all the paper they have. When that happens at least the folks at CFL will be in the 3rd or 4th wave of round ups for reeducation camps thanks to our SOs :lol:

I don't know very much but I do know this, after the make the money fast and bail guys drive the US into the toilet China will come looking for payment for all the paper they have. When that happens at least the folks at CFL will be in the 3rd or 4th wave of round ups for reeducation camps thanks to our SOs :blink:

That is an ominous statement that you have there George..........