Typical bumbling

Brian stated elsewhere, in part, “You think YOU'RE depressed. Just talk to those whose interviews were in August. Apparently GZ, under old leadership, incorrectly sent their security checks and had to redo them months later....which is why people interviewed after them are receiving their visas before them.”

Now this, really ticks me off! That means that we are delayed again because of a bureaucratic snafu. We are among the August interviews. Again we did everything right, but we are the ones that have to pay the penalty. Over two years now because they can’t get their act together.

This is really nonsense! Having to go through the "name check" a second time just because somebody processed them at the wrong time.

It is about time that somebody in our government started to exert some leadership. Everybody seems to just say, "Its not my fault!" Well, if the people under you have screwed things up this badly and nothing effective is being done to remedy the situation and assure it doesn't happen again, then it is your fault!" Seems that I remember getting that lecture myself many years ago when I was learning how to be a manager. Difference is that I did something about it or I wouldn’t have kept my job. Maybe it is time for me to write another letter to my congressmen.

It is GZ's fault for not handling things properly in the first place and for not having a plan for how to handle the backlog when it arrived. It is DOS's fault for not showing some leadership and taking charge to clear up the problem now that it exists. It is DOJ's fault for not doing the "name checks" in a reasonably efficient manner. It is our congressmen's fault, mine in particular actually, for not demanding that all these others do their job.

Sorry for the rant. But it is the fact that people side-step responsibility that really ticks me.

Yes, this is why it is so important to ask the right questions the right way.

dont give them a chance to wiggle out of it and make people, media aware of the problem.

also to try somehow to make them fix the problem before they process the newer visas

Oh, im in the august group.

:)  :)  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

I'm the first in the August group.. Aug 1 interview.. Damn,.

can you find that message?

I would like to have it for the media or as maybe a tool when I call CA Monday

Do a google search for "ted gong" in the alt.visa.us.marriage-based group. You will find the letter.

I confess that my memory ain't what it used to be be. I knew that I read the news and thought is was CUC. Turned out it was on the usenet. Iformation overload...Need more RAM. OH NO>>>BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!!! :)

your brain must still be on win98

the dreaded blue screen

hehehehehehehe

Brian stated elsewhere, in part, “You think YOU'RE depressed. Just talk to those whose interviews were in August. Apparently GZ, under old leadership, incorrectly sent their security checks and had to redo them months later....which is why people interviewed after them are receiving their visas before them.”

Now this, really ticks me off!  That means that we are delayed again because of a bureaucratic snafu.  We are among the August interviews.  Again we did everything right, but we are the ones that have to pay the penalty.  Over two years now because they can’t get their act together.

This is really nonsense!  Having to go through the "name check" a second time just because somebody processed them at the wrong time. 

It is about time that somebody in our government started to exert some leadership.  Everybody seems to just say, "Its not my fault!"  Well, if the people under you have screwed things up this badly and nothing effective is being done to remedy the situation and assure it doesn't happen again, then it is your fault!"  Seems that I remember getting that lecture myself many years ago when I was learning how to be a manager.  Difference is that I did something about it or I wouldn’t have kept my job.  Maybe it is time for me to write another letter to my congressmen.

It is GZ's fault for not handling things properly in the first place and for not having a plan for how to handle the backlog when it arrived.  It is DOS's fault for not showing some leadership and taking charge to clear up the problem now that it exists.  It is DOJ's fault for not doing the "name checks" in a reasonably efficient manner.  It is our congressmen's fault, mine in particular actually, for not demanding that all these others do their job. 

Sorry for the rant.  But it is the fact that people side-step responsibility that really ticks me.

Proper and Prior planning prevents piss poor performance :)

Guest bbridges51

The reason i don't get too ticked at GZ is that things dramatically improved when the new leadership came. The screw-ups were under the interim management. The damage was done though, and now it's taking time to clean up the mess.

AS many have said recently, GZ needs more hands to help process the load. Yes, they're working Saturdays (although i don't know if they worked today), but the traffic jam is holding everyone up.

Ok, i'll get off my soapbox now...

Brian