ACH at Guangzhou

I just went to ACH at the Embassy at 3:00-4:00. the question that i have is that i thought it was like a group session. But instead when i go there i had to hand in my passport at one windows, and wait to be call to a another window to as my question 1 on 1. Is this how it is? am i in the right place?

Guest Rob & Jin

I just went to ACH at the Embassy at 3:00-4:00. the question that i have is that i thought it was like a group session. But instead when i go there i had to hand in my passport at one windows, and wait to be call to a another window to as my question 1 on 1. Is this how it is? am i in the right place? yes

I just went to ACH at the Embassy at 3:00-4:00. the question that i have is that i thought it was like a group session. But instead when i go there i had to hand in my passport at one windows, and wait to be call to a another window to as my question 1 on 1. Is this how it is? am i in the right place?

Yes, that is the way it is at the Consulate in Guangzhou.

You first get your PP checked at the 4th floor portal. You take the escalator to the 5th floor and go through the security/metal detector checks and then go into the large waiting room.

You then form up in a line at one of the windows, where a clerk will check your PP again, and issue you a call number and the standard form which you fill out with all of your petitioner/ beneficiary data, and GUZ case number, as well as the subject matter of your question.

You then take a seat with the mixed group of both those who are there for evidence for overcome action and those who are there for ACH. As you noted, they recently moved the starting time one hour, now at 3:00 p.m. It always started at 2:00 in the past.

Similar to the configuration of the DMV offices in Calif, you then take a seat and wait until your number is called on the PA system, directing you to one of the dozen or more bank style security windows. Each window has a lighted number above it.

Then you meet one-on-one with an agent/VO, who will address your question. Yes, it is individual and not a group therapy session.

As my wife lives in Guangzhou, and her office is just minutes from the Consulate, I have been able to attend the ACH three times now, in the past twelve months; each time with a question over Lao Po and/or our daughter.

Just returned home this evening. :)

You first get your PP checked at the 4th floor portal. You take the escalator to the 5th floor and go through the security/metal detector checks and then go into the large waiting room.

You then form up in a line at one of the windows, where a clerk will check your PP again, and issue you a call number and the standard form which you fill out with all of your petitioner/ beneficiary data, and GUZ case number, as well as the subject matter of your question.

You then take a seat with the mixed group of both those who are there for evidence for overcome action and those who are there for ACH. As you noted, they recently moved the starting time one hour, now at 3:00 p.m. It always started at 2:00 in the past.

Similar to the configuration of the DMV offices in Calif, you then take a seat and wait until your number is called on the PA system, directing you to one of the dozen or more bank style security windows. Each window has a lighted number above it.

Then you meet one-on-one with an agent/VO, who will address your question. Yes, it is individual and not a group therapy session.

As my wife lives in Guangzhou, and her office is just minutes from the Consulate, I have been able to attend the ACH three times now, in the past twelve months; each time with a question over Lao Po and/or our daughter.

Just returned home this evening. :)

thx.. but i might of went to the wrong area. right after the the secutity check on the 5th floor.. i was set to the big room. i ask wher was the ACh, and the security guard told me to go to the left room the one pass the security check. the room is small with a few rows of chairs in the back. there was no forms to be fill out. al there is was a windows to hand in your passport and just wait to be called ( by name ).

unless u r speaking of the big room, where i saw lots of people. but i did not see a form anywhere.

but anyway is done. i will give my passport to my Fiancee when she heads to her interview on Wednesday.

while i was up on the 5th and my finacee was waiting for me at the cafe. she over heard 2 couples pass with pink slip. but they also menton that one of their friend got a blue due to a few trick question that was answer incorrectly.

Just returned home this evening. ;)

thx.. but i might of went to the wrong area. right after the the secutity check on the 5th floor.. i was set to the big room. i ask wher was the ACh, and the security guard told me to go to the left room the one pass the security check. the room is small with a few rows of chairs in the back. there was no forms to be fill out. al there is was a windows to hand in your passport and just wait to be called ( by name ).

unless u r speaking of the big room, where i saw lots of people. but i did not see a form anywhere.

but anyway is done. i will give my passport to my Fiancee when she heads to her interview on Wednesday.

while i was up on the 5th and my finacee was waiting for me at the cafe. she over heard 2 couples pass with pink slip. but they also menton that one of their friend got a blue due to a few trick question that was answer incorrectly.

Good luck with her interview. ;)

I went to ACH three week ago and it was still held at 2pm. I am planning to go again in Aug/Spet when I finally get my hubby's GUZ#, may I know if ACH at 3pm is for sure? When did it change?

Few weeks ago, when I went to ask questions, I waited for 2 hours in that room. I don't why so many people attended that day. I ended up only giving few mins to ask my questions. Before I was done, the officer already called the next #.

May I know when GUZ# is available, will GZ keep a record that I went to the ACH?

By the way, there is a sign in front of GZ's Consulate saying there is not be ACH on 04/28/2008. This is for those who are thinking to go during that week!

Thanks in advance for any reply to my post.

P.S.

I'm a Nov CR1 filer pending for P2.

I went to ACH three week ago and it was still held at 2pm. I am planning to go again in Aug/Spet when I finally get my hubby's GUZ#, may I know if ACH at 3pm is for sure? When did it change?

Few weeks ago, when I went to ask questions, I waited for 2 hours in that room. I don't why so many people attended that day. I ended up only giving few mins to ask my questions. Before I was done, the officer already called the next #.

May I know when GUZ# is available, will GZ keep a record that I went to the ACH?

By the way, there is a sign in front of GZ's Consulate saying there is not be ACH on 04/28/2008. This is for those who are thinking to go during that week!

Thanks in advance for any reply to my post.

P.S.

I'm a Nov CR1 filer pending for P2.

First, here is the direct link for ACH at the Consulate. The hours did in fact, change a few weeks back. This is also one of the places where they advise that only the USC may attend the ACH.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

Yes, sometimes, and depending on what time you arrive and your place in line, you might have to wait longer to have your meeting with the VO. That is why I advise getting there at least 30 to 45 mins early, and be at the head of the line to get your call number.

You must understand, that persons with overcome evidence/action, were also scheduled at (previously 2:00 p.m.) so the room was a mix of those there for the ACH, as well as the majority who are there for the overcome appointments. And yes, GUZ is a very busy place, wherein they handle a multitude of visa types/issues.

In my experience, I never felt rushed, and the VO never called the next number, prior to the conclusion of our business.

I would suggest that you be fully prepared for the questions which you may have and be very specific/concise.

The GUZ number is issued when your file is logged into the NVC system, sometime (2 to 4 weeks) after the P-2 is issued. I phoned and when I learned my file had been logged in, I asked for the GUZ number. This number also appeared on the letter mailed to me by the NVC, which noticed me that the file had been approved and was soon to be onroute to the Consulate.

As to the ACH schedule on the 28th, that week is the start of a somewhat long holiday period....May 1, 2, 3 Thurs, Fri, Sat International Labor Day China. Many times with a short work week, they will cancel the ACH for that Preceding Monday.

Note, just as it did for CNY holiday, you can expect processing of files to slow down for that week, as Consular staff takes off the entire week for the holiday.

Hope this helps you out !!

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

benc,

It is possible you did wind up in the American Citizen's Services office.

When I attended ACH, I took a wrong turn, left, into an office similar to what you describe and near the entry to this room was the wording "American Citizen's Services" posted. This caused my confusion, but I was quickly redirected to the right by security personnel which led me to the room where American Citizen's Hour is held.

At ACH we were not called by name. We were given a number after our passport was checked and our form turned in. When our number was called we were directed to a certain numbered window. There were numerous windows, yet I do not recall the exact number, but it was greater than 15 and there was perhaps 10+ rows of seats.

All questions were one on one and not in a group setting at ACH.

When I attended ACH, I was joined by 6 other CFL'ers that day, one being rogerinca. Hey Roger!

Oh yes....and most important, GOOD LUCK!!!

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

benc,

When I attended ACH, I took a wrong turn, left, into an office similar to what you describe and near the entry to this room was the wording "American Citizen's Services" posted. This caused my confusion, but I was quickly redirected to the right by security personnel which led me to the room where American Citizen's Hour is held.

At ACH we were not called by name. We were given a number after our passport was checked and our form turned in. When our number was called we were directed to a certain numbered window. There were numerous windows, yet I do not recall the exact number, but it was greater than 15 and there was perhaps 10+ rows of seats.

When I attended ACH, I was joined by 6 other CFL'ers that day, one being rogerinca. Hey Roger!

Clayton

Yeah Clayton, that was a very good day !!! :D

Here is the list, there were 8 of us:

QUOTE(LGR_WEI @ Sep 25 2007, 03:59 AM)

Wow, ACH was packed with CFL members Sept 24 2007....

LGR_WEI

RogerinCA

Kris jing

Brian ( unknown CFL name )

Squeeky ( mis-spelled i am sure )

mt..... ( michael )

Chen

CLAYTON, clayton2103

Guest Rob & Jin

benc,

Clayton

Yeah Clayton, that was a very good day !!! ;)

LGR_WEI

RogerinCA

Kris jing

mt..... ( michael )

Chen

CLAYTON, clayton2103

dont see most of them here anymore :cheering:

benc,

Clayton

Yeah Clayton, that was a very good day !!! ;)

LGR_WEI

RogerinCA

Kris jing

mt..... ( michael )

Chen

CLAYTON, clayton2103

Rog, how many times to ACH??