The Expat's Corner...

rogerluli

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful homes and photos cuzin' rOgEr Bob. :)

Shuckins, if'n I had yore money I'd jest burn all my puny lil' wad in the shit burnin' barrel. :angry:

You have shore dun gud for yerself, Bubba.

tsap seui

The most amazing thing about tiny Qionghai is that it has a KFC AND a McD's!

And pretty soon (2010) we're gonna' get the choo-choo... :D and then the plane... :)

But the wife reports that there still is not one single big modern supermarket... :angry: I keep telling her that with the pace of development there that there will probably be several before we are living there in 4 years...When we first started looking at Qionghai in 2005 there was one lonesome housing development listed on Soufun...When we bought our first place in 2006 there were seven...today there are more than 50 spread over the area from the hot springs area in the western part of Qionghai to the coast at Boao in the east... :D

Say there Waingro... B) What do y'all know about Yacheng???

Beautiful homes and photos cuzin' rOgEr Bob. :)

Shuckins, if'n I had yore money I'd jest burn all my puny lil' wad in the shit burnin' barrel. :baby:

You have shore dun gud for yerself, Bubba.

tsap seui

Howdy Cuz...Gude to see you back or half back or whatever... :rolleyes: But seriously would you be willing to tell my wife how rich I am??? :huh:

Never been to Yacheng. I'm guessing it's just another overpriced tourist trap.

Yuck, yuck, yuck...I fooled you on this one good buddy...Yacheng is the sleepiest little burg imaginable and yet it's only 40 km west of Sanya...I just love this video... :D See if you can spot the cop sitting down eating doughnuts until he realizes he's on candid camera and starts making his rounds... :lol:

Ah people are always saying to me "Roger why do you want to live in sleepy little towns like Yuxi and Qionghai when you could be stylin' in places like Guangzhou or Beijing"...HAHA you think nothing ever happens in these places...Check this out...

http://i41.tinypic.com/214npd2.jpg

A 20 kg African tortoise that has grown from just .25 kg in just 4 years. The critter is a pet of a family in Qionghai although I wonder when its' the right size for soup... :D

But seriously on the big town vs small town thinmngie...It's like my buddy HD said to me the other day when we were out walking around his pond... :huh: "I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion"...That HD sure has a way with words... :lol:

Yuck, yuck, yuck...I fooled you on this one good buddy...Yacheng is the sleepiest little burg imaginable and yet it's only 40 km west of Sanya...I just love this video... :D See if you can spot the cop sitting down eating doughnuts until he realizes he's on candid camera and starts making his rounds... B)

okay, well there is a tourist site next to it called Yazhou Gucheng. A youtube link? youtube is blocked in china, and accessing it through a proxy takes forever!

just out of curiousity, is your wife a US citizen now, and you're back living in China?

Yuck, yuck, yuck...I fooled you on this one good buddy...Yacheng is the sleepiest little burg imaginable and yet it's only 40 km west of Sanya...I just love this video... :D See if you can spot the cop sitting down eating doughnuts until he realizes he's on candid camera and starts making his rounds... :cheering:

okay, well there is a tourist site next to it called Yazhou Gucheng. A youtube link? youtube is blocked in china, and accessing it through a proxy takes forever!

just out of curiousity, is your wife a US citizen now, and you're back living in China?

Nope we're still in the US...Laopo is SUPPOSED to be studying for the citizenship thinmgie but I haven't actually observed her cracking the book... :clapping: I have just a hair over 4 years to go until retirement and then we'll see you on Hainan... :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

Ah people are always saying to me "Roger why do you want to live in sleepy little towns like Yuxi and Qionghai when you could be stylin' in places like Guangzhou or Beijing"...HAHA you think nothing ever happens in these places...Check this out...

http://i41.tinypic.com/214npd2.jpg

A 20 kg African tortoise that has grown from just .25 kg in just 4 years. The critter is a pet of a family in Qionghai although I wonder when its' the right size for soup... :blink:

But seriously on the big town vs small town thinmngie...It's like my buddy HD said to me the other day when we were out walking around his pond... :D "I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion"...That HD sure has a way with words... :unsure:

That he does, that's why our plans still haven't changed. Should be seeing us in roughly 4 or so years once were done in Beijing! Maybe a little sooner for a trip to see what its like ;-)

hands up who has plans to move to China

Hand

We still have hopes of a visa for the lil' rabbit, so with an IR-1/DCF type application I'll need (and look forward to) a little over a year of life in China. :P

tsap seui

I've got a hankering for a shirt made half out of a Chinese flag and half out of an American flag...call me...Captain Chinamerica