You've GOT to be kidding me!

Just a bit off topic, but do you need a visa to go to Japan now?

And that's a beautiful marriage 'certificate!' Started reading it, but it's a bit small for these old eyes so early in the morning!

Americans dont need a visa if they stay for less than 90 days. Chinese do need one, however, no matter how short their stay is. :D

Hmmm ... I was told by the Japanese consulate in LA that my Chinese daughter (Chinese passport/US green card) could get a transit visa on demand at Narita for a stay of less than 72 hours with onward travel. She has a 20 hour layover and Narita closes at night.

Not true??

20 hour layover to go to China from the left coast??? :victory: Is she being punished or something, or was it a free ticket? 20 hours??? Really? :P

tsap seui

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a joke about a 20 hour layover :thank_you_so_much: Is there such a thing in 2008? What airline has something like that...Bi-plane Global Air, or Glider World Airways?

Shirley, it's a misprint..or it's a "sleepover" instead of a layover.

tsap seui.

xiaofeizhu,

I understand your situtation a bit better now than what I read in the other thread.

Well I wish you and hubby the best. What the heck a vacation to Japan. I found the :crazy: icon while in waiting. It helped keep my sanity while driving all my CFL friends away from me. :lol:

Just a bit off topic, but do you need a visa to go to Japan now?

And that's a beautiful marriage 'certificate!' Started reading it, but it's a bit small for these old eyes so early in the morning!

Americans dont need a visa if they stay for less than 90 days. Chinese do need one, however, no matter how short their stay is. :rolleyes:

Hmmm ... I was told by the Japanese consulate in LA that my Chinese daughter (Chinese passport/US green card) could get a transit visa on demand at Narita for a stay of less than 72 hours with onward travel. She has a 20 hour layover and Narita closes at night.

Not true??

sorry yeah, you are right. i meant people who's "last destination" was japan, who actually want to be there. (lol, ok that was mean even considering how mad i am at their government)