Adding wife to my accounts

Guest Mike and Lily

Thank you all so much!!!! Great info and guidance as always!!!! Wish I could add my wife to work health insurance but cost prohibitive right now. Mine with work's Aetna (medical, dental, vision) $23/week...add Fang...$120/week. Can't do it right now but looking into outside company. Suggestions welcome!!!

Thanks again everyone. : )

We just had our AOS interview recently. W provided a credit card account, a bank account, an investment account, a 1099 tax form, auto insurance policy, health insurance card and that's it. It was the easiest part of the process so far.

Try these things:

Joint bank account

Insurance cards

Sam's Club membership cards (his and hers)

Car titled in both names

Cell phone bill in both names.

Utility companies are squirrely, forget them.

You can hit a furniture company and buy something on credit, insist on a joint account. We did a 0% rate for 18 months and paid it off after 2, but we had a joint account. It also helped my wife establish some credit.

You've haven't been married long enough to have too many things setup and this is enough for now. Remember they are granting conditional residency to see if you make it 2 years together.

You can change the title to your home by filing a quit claim deed adding your spouse, the mortgage company can't do much about that. But you will then get your property tax bill in both names. I'd hold off on using this for evidence for AOS, you need something to present at removal of conditions.

Correct, AOS interview tends to not need much living together evidence due to short time together, this will be much more critical later when you file I-751 to remove conditions 2 years down the road.

LOL...Sorry Michael...not Mark!

Was half asleep last night when I responded and just finished PMing Mark of Shenzhen K-1.

Reading this thread again this morning and realized my mistake.

I make this a public apology. How embarassing.

Clayton

It is OK Clayton, Michael is not upset by you thinking about me!!!! B) :)

LOL...Sorry Michael...not Mark!

Was half asleep last night when I responded and just finished PMing Mark of Shenzhen K-1.

Reading this thread again this morning and realized my mistake.

I make this a public apology. How embarassing.

Clayton

It is OK Clayton, Michael is not upset by you thinking about me!!!! :P :mellow:

I was suicidal for most of last night, but my sweet Fang slapped me back to my senses....