Ever Lose Respect For Your Partner?

Example:

My cousin up the street has a wife born in Columbia. This couple I have shared my experience with from the beginning. They were my greatest ally.

The have been married over 20 years. They got custody of his 2 boys from a previous marriage and raised them. They also have one of their own togather. One is 25, married, and just had a daughter born. This son has told his step-mom she is not welcome in his house. He has told his father he is welcome but not her. My has tried his best to get the boy to turn around, but of course he has the right to have nothing to do with his fathers wife. Now his wife says him or me. She does not want him to go see his son or granddaughter. She has put him in an impossible situation. Or has she? Any opinion? They are on the brink of divorce.

Cousin said a friend of his told him that you cannot reason with an unreasonable person.

How about the father tells his son to get his head out of his posterior?? Can't blame the woman from what you've written here; the kid is plainly out of line. If any of my kids gave me that kind of ultimatum, I'd tell them it was on THEIR head, no one else's. I love my kids more than I love life itself, but that is just wrong.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may seem stupid or simplistic, but... I have a rule; if something ever goes wrong, it's MY fault. We joke about it all the time, "Lao Gong's fault". I refuse to attach any negative feelings to anything my Wife does.

This may not work for anyone but me, but in MY life, it is easier to just idolize her than not.

Best Regards

DMike, as you said it may not work for anyone, but you and your wife. Though it has some major truths to it. These are, what can you live with and what makes you both happy without compromising you or your wife to the breaking point. :offtopic:

This is true, Big C, but I think, in my case, it stems from my previous failed marriages and the realization that I am SO lucky to have my wife. I just made a conscious decision to always honor her and see her in nothing but a positive light. Not that this is hard because, she IS perfect. I've simply made a major adjustment to the way I look at things; in my past, God help the woman who tried to correct me or blame me. In retrospect, I was a sick man, but now I'm well. The cure can be seen in my current avatar (she's the one on the left in the picture!! :roller: ).

I AM the luckiest man in the world!!

She looks like she feels lucky also..............

So she says. God only knows why...

This may seem stupid or simplistic, but... I have a rule; if something ever goes wrong, it's MY fault. We joke about it all the time, "Lao Gong's fault". I refuse to attach any negative feelings to anything my Wife does.

This may not work for anyone but me, but in MY life, it is easier to just idolize her than not.

Best Regards

DMike, as you said it may not work for anyone, but you and your wife. Though it has some major truths to it. These are, what can you live with and what makes you both happy without compromising you or your wife to the breaking point. :smartass:

This is true, Big C, but I think, in my case, it stems from my previous failed marriages and the realization that I am SO lucky to have my wife. I just made a conscious decision to always honor her and see her in nothing but a positive light. Not that this is hard because, she IS perfect. I've simply made a major adjustment to the way I look at things; in my past, God help the woman who tried to correct me or blame me. In retrospect, I was a sick man, but now I'm well. The cure can be seen in my current avatar (she's the one on the left in the picture!! :offtopic: ).

Don't knock it just except it................

Best Regards

DMike, as you said it may not work for anyone, but you and your wife. Though it has some major truths to it. These are, what can you live with and what makes you both happy without compromising you or your wife to the breaking point. :P

This is true, Big C, but I think, in my case, it stems from my previous failed marriages and the realization that I am SO lucky to have my wife. I just made a conscious decision to always honor her and see her in nothing but a positive light. Not that this is hard because, she IS perfect. I've simply made a major adjustment to the way I look at things; in my past, God help the woman who tried to correct me or blame me. In retrospect, I was a sick man, but now I'm well. The cure can be seen in my current avatar (she's the one on the left in the picture!! :lol: ).

Don't knock it just except it................

Amen, Brother. I've always felt she is too good for me, but who am I to judge?? :lol: