evidence of relationship for interview

hello fellow cfl ers. i am curious if i need to bring all the emails and chats to the interview on paper. i was considering bringing 5-10 emails and or chats and putting the rest on a cd. what is the best thing to do here?

Dale,

We included, in our "kitchen sink", two emails from each of us for each month we corresponded with each other since first meeting. We did not have any recorded chats to include.

It is a good thought, but perhaps not needed, of the remaining on a cd. Although, I am not sure they would have the time in a short interview to load and view what is on the disc.

Don't forget the phone call records.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

They are very unlikely to look at a CD.

Printed e-mail and certainly CD's of "all" e-mail are potential two-edged swords. Be sure to carefully review every word with the most negative mindset you can muster to see if anything comes across as negative or will lead to them opening some complex line of questioning that will cause delay.

Our interview was 3/13 and the VO only looked at 1-2 pictures and glossed over my 134, so who knows what to take?? Be like a Boy Scout and be prepared..............

We took 2 binders worth of e-mails, MSN records, pictures, passport and ticket stub copies, etc.

Watch for yaya44 to post their interveiw results after 3/26 if my memory serves me right!! It may give you an idea of what they are looking for! :rolleyes:

You should also prepare a handwritten (and then notarized) letter of 'evolution of relationship, detailing how you met, your trips to be with her, what you've done on your trips with her, how you feel about her, how she feels about you.

I note that CFL members that have done this in the recent past, have reported here about this letter being between 1 to 3 pages.

So what I'm doing for this - when the time comes, is sitting down with a computer printout version of the letter with a notary, and handwriting it out in front o him/her, then having him/her make the seal, then sending it to my lass.

You should also prepare a handwritten (and then notarized) letter of 'evolution of relationship, detailing how you met, your trips to be with her, what you've done on your trips with her, how you feel about her, how she feels about you.

I note that CFL members that have done this in the recent past, have reported here about this letter being between 1 to 3 pages.

So what I'm doing for this - when the time comes, is sitting down with a computer printout version of the letter with a notary, and handwriting it out in front o him/her, then having him/her make the seal, then sending it to my lass.

They never even asked us this one, and lately it seems to not be asked for unless it is because of an over-come appointment. Good Luck!! :ph34r:

Guest Rob & Jin

A notary here is simply confirming your signature, not the content, so would suggest it matters not a hoot if its hand written. They are not confirming what you say is true. :rolleyes:

What I've read, the letter of the evolution of the relationship is primarily requested as overcome evidence. I haven't read one case where it was requested at the first interview or where it saved someone a blue slip. If the officer is already doubting the relationship, I don't see an already generated letter making the difference at the interview. I don't plan to send one unless it is requested, but we included a 1 pg answer to Q18 on the 129F that also briefly explained the evolution of the relationship.

It seems to me that the officer is primarily looking to see HOW you communicate and that you really DO. A relationship is not made of matter, so they can't inspect it, but they can infer there is a relationship if there is consistent and clear communication... After all, no communication, no relationship. They will be asking the benificiary how you communicate and by looking at emails, cards, letters, phone records, ect. and asking personal questions about the petitioner to deterime about communication.

At least that's my opinion from what I've been reading these days. Seems like nearly every interview, they ask how communication occurs, which leads me to beleive communication is one of the cornerstones they use to prove there is a bon-a-fide relationship.

Of course, pictures and spending time together are a big way to prove a relationship too.

Edited by Brian & Kathy (see edit history)

Well put, Brian.

What I also think goes over well in this area is screen captures of web cam chats. I included several pages, different times of the day/year, different clothes, different people.

Not only Lao Po but:

- Lao Po and daughter

- Daughter chatting with me alone

- Lao Po, Mama, and Baba

- Lao Po showing strange laowei (me) to a group of friends and relatives.

I believe this contributes significantly to the impression Brian speaks of.

Guest Rob & Jin

Well put, Brian.

What I also think goes over well in this area is screen captures of web cam chats. I included several pages, different times of the day/year, different clothes, different people.

Not only Lao Po but:

- Lao Po and daughter

- Daughter chatting with me alone

- Lao Po, Mama, and Baba

- Lao Po showing strange laowei (me) to a group of friends and relatives.

I believe this contributes significantly to the impression Brian speaks of.

Good idea Jim B)

what if my husband and i never chated online, mosty by phone and when we did talk on MSN i never kept records...I mean we lived together for almost a year before I went back home to have our son, I was only away from him for about 5 months (we have been together since June 2006....and the only phone records i have say China only for text messages and his incoming calls since i used a phone card and have not kept any of them....but we do have a billion pictures!!

Edited by Vanessa S. (see edit history)

what if my husband and i never chated online, mosty by phone and when we did talk on MSN i never kept records...I mean we lived together for almost a year before I went back home to have our son, I was only away from him for about 5 months (we have been together since June 2006....and the only phone records i have say China only for text messages and his incoming calls since i used a phone card and have not kept any of them....but we do have a billion pictures!!

Start saving on-line e-mails, and go back to your MSN, it keeps it for you unless you deleyted them?? :rolleyes:

The main reason for phone records and chat logs are to prove you can communicate well and strengthen your case you have a valid relationship. You both lived and studied together. The baby is pretty good proof for the valid relationship.Your intended also as understands english . If you have proof you lived together you should handle things without a problem.