A Rootfop Terrace...

Thats so cool ! You could shift yer deposit around as well ? That's even more cool !

When I lived in Guangzhou, we (me and an ex-wife) bought a villa- basically a 3 story duplex with private garage and backyard. I really really really enjoyed my roof top terrace, was secluded enough for outdoor 'private' activites (WinkWink NudgeNudge)

But hey - you get ABOVE the rest !!! 11th floor with elevator ! woo woo !!

Ah yes all kinds of fun things could occur up there... :ph34r: There are 6 units like this along the building but each is walled off from the next so your completely open view is to the south...and the whole sky of course...I am pretty excited about it... :ph34r: The first thing we have to do is buy a pile of the largest pots that will fit on the elevator and start growing stuff...

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4424/233ec8.jpg

As for the other place it is already paid for so we are putting the deposit on this one and then will be paying for it when it is finished... :boxer: We haven't found a better investment than houses in China... :lol:

Roggie, you da man. I really like following your purchases in China. What a great retirement adventure you're gonna have when you make it over.

I may well beat you over to China as GUZ, the USCIS, and the rest of the dang american government is workin' as hard (slowly) as they can to say my woman is not fit for these here american shores, and they will most likely cloak their idiotic decision in the insanity of a letter saying we have have no bona fide relationship.

In that case, my packed bag will get thrown into the hold of a 777, I'll say good bye Daughters of the american Revolution, say good bye to the rights I once fought for (and mistakenly thought I had), and with a final toke on a Cuban ceegar, handrolled by Fidel Castro hisowndamnself, I'll happily fly off into the sunset to join,and literally within a couple of days, marry my lil' rabbit and start our adventure. We should have been married 8 months ago....oh well, I understand making lemons into lemonaide.

Oh the irony! I once went to fight communism in Vietnam, and now, those VA checks will go to some address in China....

Up yours Uncle Sam :huh: take your non-bona fide relationship letter and stick it tightly up there with all your national debt. I'm gonna have the last laugh as I turn those american pesos into Chairman Maos, with the knowledge that the "JOKE" is actually on you and your grocery clerks in GUZ. :huh:

Unlike your paradise homes in the south Rog, we may start off buying a home in a dirty crowded northeastern city and I'll start my english teaching career and my Chinese language education. Once I can get the new career off the ground in her city and our son is a little older then we'll head south.

Keep on writin' about your places Roggie, I really enjoy readin' them.

And I really enjoy that your investments, and retirement and SS checks are gonna be converted into Chairman Maos. Nothin' like a lil' irony, I always say with a silly hillbilly grin :bangin:

tsap seui

Volunteer of america...twice in the paddies and triple canopy for you Uncle Sam, but that was long ago.... my, how things change.

Yeah you and Chawles may beat me over which is just gonna' kill me especially when winter rolls around these parts again... :shutup: sittin' here freezing my arse off with 2 houses sittin' empty in the tropics is enuf to make a man turn to hard licker... :happy2:

Hey Tsap thought you'd appreciate this pic of laopo unloading our worthless Franklins on the unsuspecting money changer in Qionghai for Chairman Mao's... :offtopic:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6976/china2006231ai7.jpg

Thats so cool ! You could shift yer deposit around as well ? That's even more cool !

When I lived in Guangzhou, we (me and an ex-wife) bought a villa- basically a 3 story duplex with private garage and backyard. I really really really enjoyed my roof top terrace, was secluded enough for outdoor 'private' activites (WinkWink NudgeNudge)

But hey - you get ABOVE the rest !!! 11th floor with elevator ! woo woo !!

Ah yes all kinds of fun things could occur up there... :whistling: There are 6 units like this along the building but each is walled off from the next so your completely open view is to the south...and the whole sky of course...I am pretty excited about it... :D The first thing we have to do is buy a pile of the largest pots that will fit on the elevator and start growing stuff...

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4424/233ec8.jpg

As for the other place it is already paid for so we are putting the deposit on this one and then will be paying for it when it is finished... :D We haven't found a better investment than houses in China... ;)

Roggie, you da man. I really like following your purchases in China. What a great retirement adventure you're gonna have when you make it over.

I may well beat you over to China as GUZ, the USCIS, and the rest of the dang american government is workin' as hard (slowly) as they can to say my woman is not fit for these here american shores, and they will most likely cloak their idiotic decision in the insanity of a letter saying we have have no bona fide relationship.

In that case, my packed bag will get thrown into the hold of a 777, I'll say good bye Daughters of the american Revolution, say good bye to the rights I once fought for (and mistakenly thought I had), and with a final toke on a Cuban ceegar, handrolled by Fidel Castro hisowndamnself, I'll happily fly off into the sunset to join,and literally within a couple of days, marry my lil' rabbit and start our adventure. We should have been married 8 months ago....oh well, I understand making lemons into lemonaide.

Oh the irony! I once went to fight communism in Vietnam, and now, those VA checks will go to some address in China....

Up yours Uncle Sam B) take your non-bona fide relationship letter and stick it tightly up there with all your national debt. I'm gonna have the last laugh as I turn those american pesos into Chairman Maos, with the knowledge that the "JOKE" is actually on you and your grocery clerks in GUZ. ;)

Unlike your paradise homes in the south Rog, we may start off buying a home in a dirty crowded northeastern city and I'll start my english teaching career and my Chinese language education. Once I can get the new career off the ground in her city and our son is a little older then we'll head south.

Keep on writin' about your places Roggie, I really enjoy readin' them.

And I really enjoy that your investments, and retirement and SS checks are gonna be converted into Chairman Maos. Nothin' like a lil' irony, I always say with a silly hillbilly grin :)

tsap seui

Volunteer of america...twice in the paddies and triple canopy for you Uncle Sam, but that was long ago.... my, how things change.

Yeah you and Chawles may beat me over which is just gonna' kill me especially when winter rolls around these parts again... :Dah: sittin' here freezing my arse off with 2 houses sittin' empty in the tropics is enuf to make a man turn to hard licker... :wacko:

Hey Tsap thought you'd appreciate this pic of laopo unloading our worthless Franklins on the unsuspecting money changer in Qionghai for Chairman Mao's... :rolleyes:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6976/china2006231ai7.jpg

:lol: I really like that smile on the laopo's face as she's handin' over the peso paper to the money changer...it's like she knows a secret the money changer doesn't have a clue about. ;)

Maybe by the time you get to Chinatucky you'll be able to tune in and see Chawls and I on TV doin' our version of HeeHaw...as Chawls calls it "Chinabilly". :lol:

Shucks, we may make it into the movies... Watch as, the white hat defenders of law and order duo of Ned Reck and Bill Hilly ride in on their trusty 1950's bicycles, continously hocking up and spittin' copious amounts of tobacco and snuff juice, as they take on the notoriously evil Boss Ding Dong and his lowly Chinatucky cartel.

Ned Reck

It seems that an evol cabal of mods has ruint my title...ROOTFOP indeed... :lol:

I have also recently discovered... ;) that in order to get a very tiny discount on this house, yours truly has been indentured... :D It would seem that when we arrive I am expected to TEACH ENGLISH GRATIS to 3 kiddies of the various real estate sales ladies/managers in our development...So some of you guys will be getting actual pay for it whilst I am a freebie... B)