A Rootfop Terrace...

When we bought our house in Qionghai, Hainan we decided on the developer but we had a tiny difference of opinion about the house... :bangin: I put my foot down that it had to be a large place... B) and laopo put hers down that she was not climbing 6 stories up... :blink: You see there was one 3rd floor place that was just the right size but there were these great 6th floor places that included a 7th floor with a huge rooftop terrace... ;) Oh how I lusted after one of those... :o but my mind and my wheels told me she was probably right and climbing all those stairs all the time in my dotage would get old... :( Here's what one of those buildings looks like...

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9574/china2006222wj6.jpg

Well recently my prayers were answered when the development got bigger on one side and 3 buildings were added...all of 12 stories...with, of course, ELEVATORS... :D So I had to jump in and buy one and here it is... :huh: well will be in a year or so...

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1158/23ym6.png

It is a little on the large side with 5 br, 3 ba but after some mods it will be more modest 4 br, 2 ba... :blink: no, no not those mods... :CopBust: and with a 55 m2 rooftop terrace... :lol: :lol:

But anywho all should be in readiness for the first ever CFL Hainan Spring Gathering... :D Lee has volunteered to supply all the Pearl River beer we can possibly drink... :drunk: Don will be barbecuing lambs... :rolleyes: and Trigg says he can catch all the fish we need... :eatyum: So be there or be square, etc, etc...put it on your calendars right now...The Ides of March...2014... :mbounce:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7886/762pxhainantmo07feb0525pi0.jpg

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

I'm in. B)

Dern, those pics look so awesome...

Looks like photos of Maui, Malibu or anyplace USA.

Gee, are they still affordable and can I still get in?

Dennis for a man of your means these places would be...well just clean out under the sofa cushions and you're there... B)

When we bought our house in Qionghai, Hainan we decided on the developer but we had a tiny difference of opinion about the house... :bangin: I put my foot down that it had to be a large place... B) and laopo put hers down that she was not climbing 6 stories up... :blink: You see there was one 3rd floor place that was just the right size but there were these great 6th floor places that included a 7th floor with a huge rooftop terrace... ;) Oh how I lusted after one of those... :o but my mind and my wheels told me she was probably right and climbing all those stairs all the time in my dotage would get old... :( Here's what one of those buildings looks like...

Well recently my prayers were answered when the development got bigger on one side and 3 buildings were added...all of 12 stories...with, of course, ELEVATORS... :D So I had to jump in and buy one and here it is... :huh: well will be in a year or so...

It is a little on the large side with 5 br, 3 ba but after some mods it will be more modest 4 br, 2 ba... :blink: no, no not those mods... :CopBust: and with a 55 m2 rooftop terrace... :) :blink:

But anywho all should be in readiness for the first ever CFL Hainan Spring Gathering... :D Lee has volunteered to supply all the Pearl River beer we can possibly drink... :drunk: Don will be barbecuing lambs... :rolleyes: and Trigg says he can catch all the fish we need... :eatyum: So be there or be square, etc, etc...put it on your calendars right now...The Ides of March...2014... :mbounce:

Damn Roggie you got so many homes/comdo/apartments over in the mother land....... my question is which one did my time share pay for?

and surely I get more than a cot aka hid a bed stuck in a closet??

Edited by sleepless in Houston&CQ (see edit history)

Thats so cool ! You could shift yer deposit around as well ? That's even more cool !

When I lived in Guangzhou, we (me and an ex-wife) bought a villa- basically a 3 story duplex with private garage and backyard. I really really really enjoyed my roof top terrace, was secluded enough for outdoor 'private' activites (WinkWink NudgeNudge)

But hey - you get ABOVE the rest !!! 11th floor with elevator ! woo woo !!

When we bought our house in Qionghai, Hainan we decided on the developer but we had a tiny difference of opinion about the house... :bangin: I put my foot down that it had to be a large place... B) and laopo put hers down that she was not climbing 6 stories up... :blink: You see there was one 3rd floor place that was just the right size but there were these great 6th floor places that included a 7th floor with a huge rooftop terrace... B) Oh how I lusted after one of those... :o but my mind and my wheels told me she was probably right and climbing all those stairs all the time in my dotage would get old... :( Here's what one of those buildings looks like...

It is a little on the large side with 5 br, 3 ba but after some mods it will be more modest 4 br, 2 ba... :blink: no, no not those mods... :CopBust: and with a 55 m2 rooftop terrace... ;) :)

But anywho all should be in readiness for the first ever CFL Hainan Spring Gathering... :D Lee has volunteered to supply all the Pearl River beer we can possibly drink... :drunk: Don will be barbecuing lambs... :D and Trigg says he can catch all the fish we need... :eatyum: So be there or be square, etc, etc...put it on your calendars right now...The Ides of March...2014... :mbounce:

Damn Roggie you got so many homes/comdo/apartments over in the mother land....... my question is which one did my time share pay for?

and surely I get more than a cot aka hid a bed stuck in a closet??

Bobby even I can't keep track of 'em all... :unsure: and now laopo decided we need another one in her hometown as well.. ;) let's see though where am I going to stick you??? :P These places are mighty short on closets ya' know...How's the terrace sound??? It doesn't rain much in the winter... :blink: Of course you could always UPGRADE to an actual bedroom if'n you weren't so tight... B)

Thats so cool ! You could shift yer deposit around as well ? That's even more cool !

When I lived in Guangzhou, we (me and an ex-wife) bought a villa- basically a 3 story duplex with private garage and backyard. I really really really enjoyed my roof top terrace, was secluded enough for outdoor 'private' activites (WinkWink NudgeNudge)

Ah yes all kinds of fun things could occur up there... ;) There are 6 units like this along the building but each is walled off from the next so your completely open view is to the south...and the whole sky of course...I am pretty excited about it... :) The first thing we have to do is buy a pile of the largest pots that will fit on the elevator and start growing stuff...

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4424/233ec8.jpg

As for the other place it is already paid for so we are putting the deposit on this one and then will be paying for it when it is finished... B) We haven't found a better investment than houses in China... :D

Ah yes all kinds of fun things could occur up there... :D There are 6 units like this along the building but each is walled off from the next so your completely open view is to the south...and the whole sky of course...I am pretty excited about it... :pash: The first thing we have to do is buy a pile of the largest pots that will fit on the elevator and start growing stuff...

As for the other place it is already paid for so we are putting the deposit on this one and then will be paying for it when it is finished... :hug: We haven't found a better investment than houses in China... :ok:

Roggie, you da man. I really like following your purchases in China. What a great retirement adventure you're gonna have when you make it over.

I may well beat you over to China as GUZ, the USCIS, and the rest of the dang american government is workin' as hard (slowly) as they can to say my woman is not fit for these here american shores, and they will most likely cloak their idiotic decision in the insanity of a letter saying we have have no bona fide relationship.

In that case, my packed bag will get thrown into the hold of a 777, I'll say good bye Daughters of the american Revolution, say good bye to the rights I once fought for (and mistakenly thought I had), and with a final toke on a Cuban ceegar, handrolled by Fidel Castro hisowndamnself, I'll happily fly off into the sunset to join,and literally within a couple of days, marry my lil' rabbit and start our adventure. We should have been married 8 months ago....oh well, I understand making lemons into lemonaide.

Oh the irony! I once went to fight communism in Vietnam, and now, those VA checks will go to some address in China....

Up yours Uncle Sam :) take your non-bona fide relationship letter and stick it tightly up there with all your national debt. I'm gonna have the last laugh as I turn those american pesos into Chairman Maos, with the knowledge that the "JOKE" is actually on you and your grocery clerks in GUZ. ;)

Unlike your paradise homes in the south Rog, we may start off buying a home in a dirty crowded northeastern city and I'll start my english teaching career and my Chinese language education. Once I can get the new career off the ground in her city and our son is a little older then we'll head south.

Keep on writin' about your places Roggie, I really enjoy readin' them.

And I really enjoy that your investments, and retirement and SS checks are gonna be converted into Chairman Maos. Nothin' like a lil' irony, I always say with a silly hillbilly grin B)

tsap seui

Volunteer of america...twice in the paddies and triple canopy for you Uncle Sam, but that was long ago.... my, how things change.

Changes in attitude, but not much of a change in latitude ;)

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Ah yes all kinds of fun things could occur up there... :D There are 6 units like this along the building but each is walled off from the next so your completely open view is to the south...and the whole sky of course...I am pretty excited about it... :ok: The first thing we have to do is buy a pile of the largest pots that will fit on the elevator and start growing stuff...

As for the other place it is already paid for so we are putting the deposit on this one and then will be paying for it when it is finished... ;) We haven't found a better investment than houses in China... ;)

Roggie, you da man. I really like following your purchases in China. What a great retirement adventure you're gonna have when you make it over.

I may well beat you over to China as GUZ, the USCIS, and the rest of the dang american government is workin' as hard (slowly) as they can to say my woman is not fit for these here american shores, and they will most likely cloak their idiotic decision in the insanity of a letter saying we have have no bona fide relationship.

In that case, my packed bag will get thrown into the hold of a 777, I'll say good bye Daughters of the american Revolution, say good bye to the rights I once fought for (and mistakenly thought I had), and with a final toke on a Cuban ceegar, handrolled by Fidel Castro hisowndamnself, I'll happily fly off into the sunset to join,and literally within a couple of days, marry my lil' rabbit and start our adventure. We should have been married 8 months ago....oh well, I understand making lemons into lemonaide.

Oh the irony! I once went to fight communism in Vietnam, and now, those VA checks will go to some address in China....

Up yours Uncle Sam :pash: take your non-bona fide relationship letter and stick it tightly up there with all your national debt. I'm gonna have the last laugh as I turn those american pesos into Chairman Maos, with the knowledge that the "JOKE" is actually on you and your grocery clerks in GUZ. ;)

Unlike your paradise homes in the south Rog, we may start off buying a home in a dirty crowded northeastern city and I'll start my english teaching career and my Chinese language education. Once I can get the new career off the ground in her city and our son is a little older then we'll head south.

Keep on writin' about your places Roggie, I really enjoy readin' them.

And I really enjoy that your investments, and retirement and SS checks are gonna be converted into Chairman Maos. Nothin' like a lil' irony, I always say with a silly hillbilly grin :hug:

tsap seui

Volunteer of america...twice in the paddies and triple canopy for you Uncle Sam, but that was long ago.... my, how things change.

Yeah you and Chawles may beat me over which is just gonna' kill me especially when winter rolls around these parts again... B) sittin' here freezing my arse off with 2 houses sittin' empty in the tropics is enuf to make a man turn to hard licker... :)