Another letter to Powell and Harty

Im not the best writer in the bunch I'm sure.

Who would like to help polish this up?

Dear Mr. Powell and Mrs. Harty

Thank you for your response to our letter sent to Mr. Powell referring to the backlogs and delays for visa issuances in Guangzhou China. We/I do appreciate your answers.

Though this helps us to understand the situation a little better it does not answers a few more simple questions.

We/I feel the following questions are long over due for an answer.

1) Has our/my fiancée clearance been sent to GZ?

1A) If not, where is it?

2) What is being done to clear the oldest backlog vs. issuing the most recent interviews?

3) Is there a plan to send help to GZ to get the backlog cleared quicker?

3A) If not, why?

4) The embassy in Russia posted info on the web to help keep people informed of the issuance, what is being done in GZ to do the same?

4A) If not, why?

5) When will the August, September and October backlogs be complete?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good brainstorming Mark.

God, i love these threaded groups.

Brian

:D :D :D :D :D

Man, Im on this thing like ants on a milkshake straw

hehehehehehehehehe

Mark,

Be specific on posting the security clearances so that people would not have to call to get that info :D Jim

See, lol, this is why I asked for help.

Im not the best one to polish this thing up a little.

Where is Victoria when we need her?

HEY!!! VICTORIA!!!! COME OUT AND PLAY, WE NEED YOU!!!

I agree that we may be fooled by the 5000 thing. We do need a writer. My English writing is not that great, or I would volunteer . What I can do is to keep calling DOS. Hope any body here has talent or is good at writing can help. Victoria may be able to help. But I know that she is leaving for China by 26th.

All,

I also elect Robert to write the formal letter since he did such a great job on the last one. :lol: >Jim

Robert is an excellent writer! I second the nomination. Can I do that since I nominated him??? :lol: >Jim

Robert,

I know with all these new tasks you have just taken on, your time is prob limited now, being VP of the forum and all.

But we humbley ask your help in polishing a new letter up.

Well,

I fixed it a little. My English is not that good either. :lol:

------------------------------------

Thank you for responding to our letter which concerns to the backlogs and delays for visa issuances in Guangzhou China. We/I do appreciate your answers.

Your response does help us understand the situation a little better. However, it does not answer a few more simple questions.

We/I feel the following questions are long over due for answers.

1) Have our fiancées' clearances been sent to GZ?

1A) If not, where are they?

2) What is being done to clear the oldest backlog vs. issuing the most recent interviews?

3A) If not, why?

4) The embassy in Russia posted info on the web to help keep people informed of the issuance. What is being done in GZ to do the same?

4A) If not, why?

Well,

I fixed it a little.  My English is not that good either.  :lol:

------------------------------------

Thank you for responding to our letter which concerns to the backlogs and delays for visa issuances in Guangzhou China. We/I do appreciate your answers.

Your response does help us understand the situation a little better.  However, it does not answer a few more simple questions.

We/I feel the following questions are long over due for answers.

1A) If not, where are they?

3A) If not, why?

4) The embassy in Russia posted info on the web to help keep people informed of the issuance.  What is being done in GZ to do the same?

4A) If not, why?

This is how I would word it

1/ Why are there still so many August-September clearances still pending?

Logic: Otherwise you'll get the " that depends on individual cases" general answer.

Give them the GUZ's and ask them to check each of them.

2/ What are we seeing newest interviews getting clearance first?

Logic: DoS need to be faced with that fact. Although it's great to see anybody getting visas.

5/ The people on the list attached ( Petitioner name, GUZ #, interview date sorted by dates ) do need to know where there name checks stands and when they can expect to be issued a visa.

Logic: We need specifics. Not BS answer as: soon, my friends, soon

Just my 2 kopeks worth

Guest seafloor06

New guy here. I took a stab at editing list of specific questions in the follow-up letter.

1) What is the current status of fiancée clearances in GZ? Specifically, how many have been successfully cleared and how many are still pending?

2) What is being done to get the backlog of name clearances caught up? Are resources being re-allocated or added to deal with the cases that have been delayed the greatest length of time?

3) Is there a plan to send help to GZ to get the backlog cleared quicker? If not, why?

4) The embassy in Russia posted info on the web to help keep people informed of the issuance. Are there plans for GZ to implement any information repository like this? If not, why?

5) When will the clearances for those interviewed in August, September and October be complete? Has there been a deadline set for processing of these cases?

6) What will the be the impact of the current delay on future K visa processing?

Folks, I'm not sure that asking "when" and "why" is going to get much useful info out of these people.

Seafloor's #2 is the most important question to ask!!

If you ask me, what you need to do is tell them AGAIN that Guangzhou needs more resources, and ask if they have gotten more funding/people sent there to help with this process. Like everyone has been saying, "Do the arithmetic". If they can't issue visas faster than they are now, there will be a backlog until next summer!

Please, INSIST that they get more people working on this! Ask them if they done anything to increase the efficiency and speed of issuing these visas. We asked about this in the last letter, and they didn't really answer.

Heck, I guess I'll write my own letter focusing exactly on this problem. I'll also sign any group letters that specifically deal with this issue.

Guest seafloor06

Thanks for the welcome donahso. I was unaware of the GZ situation when my 2nd notice of action arrived last week. Then I found the visadelays.com web site and became instantly depressed :D What's happening is ridiculous and nonsensical. However, people here seem to have a good attitude and maybe we can affect some positive change.

later

Guest seafloor06

"If you ask me, what you need to do is tell them AGAIN that Guangzhou needs more resources, and ask if they have gotten more funding/people sent there to help with this process. Like everyone has been saying, "Do the arithmetic". If they can't issue visas faster than they are now, there will be a backlog until next summer!"

I think everyone agrees with this. I was assuming that the purpose of the letter was two-fold:

- to encourage them to clean up the mess more quickly

- to try to get some straight answers

The uncertainty of the situation certainly adds to the frustration of the waiting. I think we should try to give them questions that will demystify the rumors and unknown. Not that they will answer them that way, but you must ask.

Folks, I'm not sure that asking "when" and "why" is going to get much useful info out of these people.  

Seafloor's #2 is the most important question to ask!!

If you ask me, what you need to do is tell them AGAIN that Guangzhou needs more resources, and ask if they have gotten more funding/people sent there to help with this process.  Like everyone has been saying, "Do the arithmetic".  If they can't issue visas faster than they are now, there will be a backlog until next summer!

Please, INSIST that they get more people working on this!  Ask them if they done anything to increase the efficiency and speed of issuing these visas.  We asked about this in the last letter, and they didn't really answer.

Heck, I guess I'll write my own letter focusing exactly on this problem.  I'll also sign any group letters that specifically deal with this issue.

Although all of the questions are important, David has a valid point. Once the backlog is behind them, GZ should be back on some type of regular track. :D >Jim

this is to assume our case "might" be in GZ guys.. Like Mark said.. There is a severe problem in Washington too.. GZ could process only what they receive from stateside.. however efficient they are.

I too am very enthusiastic about our new writer!!!!!! Good job, new guy! Very happy to have you!!!! I was not looking forward to trying to hammer out the details of how to express these things in good English like you have already done so gracefully!!!

I think that Don is correct in saying that it would be best that I sign the new group letter again. When I called the CA the man I spoke with actually knew who I was when he asked my name! I would like to work together with Seafloor and we can have a beautiful letter, but we have got to get away from the numbered list and put it in paragraph form.

May I propose that everyone just keep adding their comments and questions for a couple of days? We need to give it a chance and see how it shakes out with whether things start to improve over there or whether it just continues in this tiny dribble like it has done so far.

- Robert

Guest bbridges51

Seafloor,

You think YOU'RE depressed. Just talk to those whose interviews were in August. Apparently GZ, under old leadership, incorrectly sent their security checks and had to redo them months later....which is why people interviewed after them are receiving their visas before them.

All is not lost though..New leadership HAS made a difference, but we are right to press for more resources or at least an explanation of the plan they have in place to catch up.

My NOA2 was in mid-August, we received P3 10/1, but we suspect we won't see P4 until after this mess is cleaned up.

You're in good company and you'll find resources, information, and friendship here at Candle.

Brian