Stuck Waiting for GC again.

Recap: My wife had an interview for the GC about 5 weeks ago. She didn't get to speak a word because the IO immediately cut the interview short saying, "this interview is over, your translator cannot speak good enough English." He then said he would reschedule it "within 2 weeks." I have that in writing. I knew then that this was going to be a long wait. It's now been 5 weeks and no word. I contacted my Congressman's office and they sent a fax to USCIS, but that hasn't done any good either.

I'm just totally frustrated with this process. My wife just told me of a man at her English school who cannot speak a word of English and who is going in for his citizenship. Go figure.

I cannot remember the calling sequence to USCIS. Does anyone know how to get a live person without having to go through endless messages and pressing endless numbers? If anyone knows, thanks.

1-800-375-5253

I usually get a helpful, friendly person.

Good luck Ron and Ivy!!

Thanks Dennis

Hope you and your lovely wife are doing well. When's the next get together?

1-800-375-5253

I usually get a helpful, friendly person.

Good luck Ron and Ivy!!

Thanks Dennis

Hope you and your lovely wife are doing well. When's the next get together?

You'll need to navigate through the messages with the phone number I gave you, but I found it fairly painless. Seems the earlier the call the less I had to wait to get a live person.

I am (we are) waiting the 45 days we were told that Leiqin would receive her GC. End of March will be times up and then another Infopass apptmt if necessary.

Yes, it's about time we had another luncheon. Guess we need to start something in the Californias Unite thread.

Speaking of Infopass, it's been a long time since I got one and I don't remember how I did it. Anyone?

Ron: I'm sorry for all the bad luck. :unsure:

But on the other hand, I'm glad your still with us.

I wish i could help with this one but???? Sorry buddy.

At least the wife is here with ya in the U.S..

Take care, Don't be a stranger, HOW DA?

Mike and Hong

Well, I called USCIS and got nowhere as usual. I was only trying to find out why it is taking so long for a reschedule appointment that was supposed to happen "within" two weeks. The office said he couldn't tell, but it could be that there are no openings for appointments in San Bernardino. (I doubt that seriously). So, he recommended an Infopass and I got one for March 28th. Thanks for the link, Eric. :rolleyes:

Well, I called USCIS and got nowhere as usual. I was only trying to find out why it is taking so long for a reschedule appointment that was supposed to happen "within" two weeks. The office said he couldn't tell, but it could be that there are no openings for appointments in San Bernardino. (I doubt that seriously). So, he recommended an Infopass and I got one for March 28th. Thanks for the link, Eric. :rolleyes:

Good luck, Ron. You both need a break.

Guest Mike and Lily

Sorry to hear their giving you trouble again. They do seem to make this process painful for you. It's not so bad though now that she's here though I am sure!

Still no appointment. I have made an Infopass for this coming Friday to find out what the hell is going on. I hope to get the rescheduled appointment before Friday, but it doesn't look like that will happen. My Congressman, Jerry Lewis's office sent the field office a fax, for all the good that did. Oh well, to be continued . . .

Okay, last bump on this one. I went to Infopass today and got the rescheduled date. Coincidently, it had already been mailed out. I do think my Congressman's involvement got them moving on it.

As it turns out, what was supposed to have been a two week rescheduled date, turned into three months. My wife wasn't happy. All I could tell her was that a May 12th date was better than no date. She still wasn't happy. She does not understand the Immigration service that we have all come to know and love. :huh:

Okay, last bump on this one. I went to Infopass today and got the rescheduled date. Coincidently, it had already been mailed out. I do think my Congressman's involvement got them moving on it.

As it turns out, what was supposed to have been a two week rescheduled date, turned into three months. My wife wasn't happy. All I could tell her was that a May 12th date was better than no date. She still wasn't happy. She does not understand the Immigration service that we have all come to know and love. :huh:

Buddy I hope this does the trick for you. This has to be very frustrating for you two. I wish you the best of luck!

As it turns out, what was supposed to have been a two week rescheduled date, turned into three months. My wife wasn't happy. All I could tell her was that a May 12th date was better than no date. She still wasn't happy. She does not understand the Immigration service that we have all come to know and love. :P

Buddy I hope this does the trick for you. This has to be very frustrating for you two. I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks, Chilton

I guess "frustrating" is one word I could use, but I can think of some others that would not go along with the good reputation of CFL, so I'll keep them to myself. ;)