Customs Delay from NVC to GUZ

I spent a long while yesterday reading the GUZ Speaks forum, it's great that they are willing to share so much with us!

I thought the long delay from NVC to P3 was because of back logging at the consulate, but from what I learned yesterday, it is in fact customs.

I decided to start looking at DHL shipments from NVC to GUZ to figure out what the approximate delay from NVC to P3 is these days. I went back from my approximate shipped date (2-29) and the earliest I could track was the beginning of December. I couldn't find records for packages shipped earlier, but everything from December onward (excpet under 5lbs) was still in 'Clearance Delay'.

That means the current delay is over 3 months, and that's assuming everything sent earlier than Dec, has been delivered. I don't think that's true based on timelines at VJ... only those who had their petition sent earlier than the first week of November have gotten P3 so far... closer to 4 months!

Does this sound right? I'm also wondering why there has only been one P3 since January (based on VJ timelines). There are certainly plenty of NVC shipments from November waiting for P3.

Anyone else have information about the delivery habits of customs they can share?

While it is true that some of the delay is at China customs, the evidence is not clear as to how long that portion of the delay is.

As there is only one Consulate now for the processing of all of the visa petitions (excluding the DCF’s) for the entire PRC, there is a huge backlog and high workload at GUZ.

A woman at DOS, this morning, told me they are now working overtime on weekends to try to catch up on the backlog.

My opinion is, that while there may be some delay at China customs, most of the delay is while sitting in the warehouse in GZ, waiting for the chrono-sequencing of the file retrieval to occur.

There has been more than only one P-3 since January/November. If you read further in the P-3 forum and circling GUZ thread, you will see differing numbers.

IMO, based on your timeline, you will be looking at sometime in early to mid June, to receive your P-3, based on what is happening today.

As VJ encompasses the entire world, not just China, those stats are not fully reflective of what is happening on the ground. :D

Dan, can most likely add more to this, as he has a lot of VJ time, as well as CFL expertise !!!

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

I do like the timeline feature on VJ. Are the only timelines here are the ones pinned in the Circling GUZ thread? If we want to be added, we should just post our information to that thread? Seems a bit cumbersome to do it all by hand.

I'd be happy if we can get P3 sometime in May, but June might be more realistic.

Guest Rob & Jin

I do like the timeline feature on VJ. Are the only timelines here are the ones pinned in the Circling GUZ thread? If we want to be added, we should just post our information to that thread? Seems a bit cumbersome to do it all by hand.

I'd be happy if we can get P3 sometime in May, but June might be more realistic.

Sorry Brian,

I really cant add any more to that spreadsheet, its too big. It was really just meant for those few of us within a short time frame from NVC out.

I think June looks realistic for you for P-3 out.

No problem at all. I'm still trying to figure things out here. I'm just happy to see those time lines because it will help give me a good idea of what to expect as they are filled in. :(

Sorry Brian,

I really cant add any more to that spreadsheet, its too big. It was really just meant for those few of us within a short time frame from NVC out.

No problem at all. I'm still trying to figure things out here. I'm just happy to see those time lines because it will help give me a good idea of what to expect as they are filled in. :unsure:

Sorry Brian,

Our approval from NVC is from first half of Nov and we're still waiting for the #$@^ P-3 package. It is frustrating to say the least!

Pete

Yeah, I've seen that most of Nov. after about Nov 10th don't have P3 yet. That's got to be frustrating. I hope you guys get taken care of soon.

Our approval from NVC is from first half of Nov and we're still waiting for the #$@^ P-3 package. It is frustrating to say the least!

Pete

I called DOS earlier today and was told our case has finally logged into Consulate's computer. Our P-3 is supposed to be mailed out today in GZ! Horay!!

Sorry Brian,

you can go ahead and add people to it if you want...

Let's break the K1s from the rest... with a few row spaces inbetween K1 and the next visa type.

I'll put the K1s in the top post of "Circling GUZ", and take over the second post by you to put the K3/CR1s...

Guest Rob & Jin

Mine was mailed out from NVC to GUZ on 01/09/08. I checked with the US Consulate office using the website and they told me, "We don't have the package yet...it might be in custom and can taken anywhere from weeks to months."

Can you add your timeline to your avatar signature

NOA-1 RECEIVED DATE (as printed on the form, not when you got it in post)

NOA-2- (AS PRINTED ON FORM)

NVC IN

NVC out

Date Guz( P-3 out) "opened" file"

Guest Rob & Jin

Yeah, I've seen that most of Nov. after about Nov 10th don't have P3 yet. That's got to be frustrating. I hope you guys get taken care of soon.

Pete

I called DOS earlier today and was told our case has finally logged into Consulate's computer. Our P-3 is supposed to be mailed out today in GZ! Horay!!

Can you add your timeline to your avatar signature

NOA-1 RECEIVED DATE (as printed on the form, not when you got it in post)

NOA-2- (AS PRINTED ON FORM)

NVC IN

NVC out

Date Guz( P-3 out) "opened" file"

Thanks

Rob: If you've already posted the answer to this question, please direct me to it. If you haven't, I for one would appreciate knowing.

What exactly is needed for the P3 and how did you prepare so well that Jin was able to send it the same day she recieved it. (Or, am I reading your timeline wrong?).

I know between CFL & VJ the information I'm looking for is posted somewhere. I would like to be as well prepared as you.

I expect we're down to a few weeks to P3.

Guest Rob & Jin

Rob: If you've already posted the answer to this question, please direct me to it. If you haven't, I for one would appreciate knowing.

What exactly is needed for the P3 and how did you prepare so well that Jin was able to send it the same day she recieved it. (Or, am I reading your timeline wrong?).

I know between CFL & VJ the information I'm looking for is posted somewhere. I would like to be as well prepared as you.

You need to return DS-230 and OF -169

Here are the forms you can down load, to make your life a bit easier!

Mark and feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! ;)

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/vi...cket_forms.html

Just click on the one you want and then down load to your pc!!!!!