Customs Delay from NVC to GUZ

You need to return DS-230 and OF -169

Here are the forms you can down load, to make your life a bit easier!

Mark and feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! B)

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/vi...cket_forms.html

Just click on the one you want and then down load to your pc!!!!!

Thanks! :)

I'll be researching this subject (as time permits) in the immediate future. I may be 'tugging on your sleeve' again. :D

We're hoping to get this wrapped up during the summer & come to America together. From everything I've seen in the timelines, I believe that's possible.

I could extend my Chinese visa and stay beyond August 9 if necessary. (Amazing how easy it is when we're dealing with the Chinese government.) However, because of my job, I could only stay 10 days longer anyway.

You need to return DS-230 and OF -169

Here are the forms you can down load, to make your life a bit easier!

Mark and feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! :(

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/vi...cket_forms.html

Just click on the one you want and then down load to your pc!!!!!

Thanks! :(

I'll be researching this subject (as time permits) in the immediate future. I may be 'tugging on your sleeve' again. :lol:

We're hoping to get this wrapped up during the summer & come to America together. From everything I've seen in the timelines, I believe that's possible.

I could extend my Chinese visa and stay beyond August 9 if necessary. (Amazing how easy it is when we're dealing with the Chinese government.) However, because of my job, I could only stay 10 days longer anyway.

The way things have been moving lately, maybe?? B) :rolleyes:

The way things have been moving lately, maybe?? B) :rolleyes:

Yes. It's a definite maybe. :wacko:

We¡¯ve talked about it.

I told Li I would contact GUZ and tell them I¡¯ll be there with her until August and that we would like to travel together. I don¡¯t believe this will do any good, but I¡¯ll try. :whistling:

If I must leave China before she has her visa, we can deal with it. We¡¯ve dealt with all of the USCIS **** up to this point :Dah: , we¡¯ll be fine. If she has to travel to America without me, I¡¯ll get her on one of the United Airlines flights direct from Beijing to Chicago, where I can meet her.

Edited by Richard & Li (see edit history)

The way things have been moving lately, maybe?? :lol: :rolleyes:

Yes. It's a definite maybe. :Dah:

We¡¯ve talked about it.

I told Li I would contact GUZ and tell them I¡¯ll be there with her until August and that we would like to travel together. I don¡¯t believe this will do any good, but I¡¯ll try. :whistling:

If I must leave China before she has her visa, we can deal with it. We¡¯ve dealt with all of the USCIS **** up to this point :lol: , we¡¯ll be fine. If she has to travel to America without me, I¡¯ll get her on one of the United Airlines flights direct from Beijing to Chicago, where I can meet her.

Richard, in looking at your timeline and your mailing date/NOA-1 date for a starting point, I do not think your projection for interview/completion, is at all being overly optimistic nor unreasonable, IMO.

Absent any unforeseen events, related to the Olympics, etc; I do not see why you should not be looking at an interview in mid July to early August ?? :)

With respect to your other point, about contacting GUZ so that they may accomodate your travel plans, to their interview schedule; in a word or two.....fat chance !!! :wacko: B)

Richard, that lil' red FAQ's button just underneath and to the right of "A Candle for Love" will direct you to everything you will need... forms, procedures, and evidence needed.

Good luck,

tsap seui

Brian & Kathy

For us, it was this step that was the most frustrating. NVC to P3. We watched people who filed near our date or later get their p3's earlier. It seemed like we were all alone, and our file was lost. People who have lived in China for a while know that there is a black hole called customs on their end. Things go in and percolate for a while and then pop out, but there is no guarantee of when this might happen. In our case we waited almost four months before we got word that GUZ had our physical file. All I can say is that you have to wait and there is no way to check up on where your file might be. It is very frustrating, but hopefully like us, you can look back and laugh on it one day. Just keep riding it out. Good luck

Richard, in looking at your timeline and your mailing date/NOA-1 date for a starting point, I do not think your projection for interview/completion, is at all being overly optimistic nor unreasonable, IMO.

Absent any unforeseen events, related to the Olympics, etc; I do not see why you should not be looking at an interview in mid July to early August ?? :toot:

With respect to your other point, about contacting GUZ so that they may accomodate your travel plans, to their interview schedule; in a word or two.....fat chance !!! :toot: :toot:

Thanks! A little encouragement goes a long way. :toot:

I know. I probably couldn't deal with an agency that cares less about its clients. I'll be lucky to get any response to a correspondence or to talk to a person on the phone. :rolleyes:

Thanks to tsap seui too. I'll read the FAQ.

Edited by Richard & Li (see edit history)

Absent any unforeseen events, related to the Olympics, etc; I do not see why you should not be looking at an interview in mid July to early August ?? ;)

With respect to your other point, about contacting GUZ so that they may accomodate your travel plans, to their interview schedule; in a word or two.....fat chance !!! :) ;)

Thanks! A little encouragement goes a long way. B)

I know. I probably couldn't deal with an agency that cares less about its clients. I'll be lucky to get any response to a correspondence or to talk to a person on the phone. :thank_you_so_much:

Thanks to tsap seui too. I'll read the FAQ.

Good advice, visa journey has soms good stuff also........

Just sort through because it is all countries, not just the promised land!! B)

For the K-1 process...

My fianc¨¦ ran across something on the other website that it is better if GUZ has her mailing address filled out in Chinese characters.

Has anyone run across this?

Have any of you heard that GUZ will not send out the P-3, unless they first have the beneficiary¡¯s address in Chinese characters ?

For the K-1 process...

My fianc¨¦ ran across something on the other website that it is better if GUZ has her mailing address filled out in Chinese characters.

Have any of you heard that GUZ will not send out the P-3, unless they first have the beneficiary¡¯s address in Chinese characters ?

It's a mail delivery issue. GUZ will send it to:

1234 Main St.

Anytown, China

if that's what they're given as the address.

Guest Rob & Jin

For the K-1 process...

Cant say I've ever heard that :thank_you_so_much:

First tsap seui:

One of the first things I discovered in the FAQs was a link to your blue slip post. OMG. I can't really describe the feeling that set off. I think I'm angry, or a bit depressed, or worried or something. The system is hopelessly broken and they claim to be 'protecting our country'. :ph34r: I could go on a complete rant right now, but we probably all feel the same and you've probably heard it all before.

Second DongDong:

Chinese addresses can be a little strange. Li's translated is something like: Over the railroad skywalk the third building north of the Happyiness Hotel. Certainly better in Chinese characters IMHO.

Third Mark:

I'm a member at VJ too. That's actually where I first heard about CFL. I haven't been there in quite a while, but I know they have some very good automated statistics. -Thanks! :ph34r:

Thanks, Randy, Rob and Richard...

I did not think there was a requirement either, but there appears to be a discussion on the other website ( 001?) about the best course of action.

It revolves around the issue of China Post taking too much time with any English address?!

The idea, or the solution, is to get GUZ the beneficiary's address in Chinese characters... thus speeding up paperwork through China Post?

Looks like I will be trying to get GUZ a different address soon! :ph34r: