K1 Visa approved

Wholehearted congrats!

An rarely calls me for the obvious economic reason. Will it be a problem?

Add this question as another in the interview list.

My SO was just not expecting this question. The SO may have asked it with a stern voice.

I gave him all the logical reasons: economical, she doesn't have an international carrier linked to her line, and I always arrange with her on the next time I will call.

I am divorced so they tend to get suspicious.

-MoonGlare

Best wishes and Congrats to you!

This is very interesting an non-intuitive... I have been combing through the spreadsheet on CFL of the visa results and denial reasons to conclude that I am in great shape so far in all but the ex-wife department according to the trend:

I plan to file our 129F the day after my divorce next month. I've been separated over 1 year trying to get free. I met my new partner 5 months ago. Because I have two children in common with my X, I live in the same zip-code, even have not separated all accounts yet: I'm trying to be - and not doing too badly - at being a supportive ex-husband, and father.

I surely will gather as much of this information as I have noted from MoonGlare and others regarding my X, and it seems a really good timeline is needed. - still I feel from the bio of the members' problems on this issue that it may not prevent an initial blue slip as it seems like a reason for which they just cause needless delay for honest people which have, like someone said jokingly, " an 18 year master plan" to scam one immigration. The consulate likely has to show a certain rejection rate, not that it is a fixed percent, but at least something to appear like their work is worth the effort. The better Visa applicants get, the better they have to get at being tedious and menial bureaucrats, or should I say, clerks, whichever they are, because quite frankly they are placed in a loosing situation by their very benefactors, which is how it is meant to be anyway. It is an evolution ( devolution ) of the state in which the government has gotten bigger and bigger led and voted for by people claiming to want it smaller and smaller because they are frightened by the hate speech on the truth box and don't know what else to do.

I watched a poor customs official cross-examine a foreigner coming into Seattle with me. I overheard that the visitor had been here before legally, so I figure, what's the harm ? But, he didn't speak English much at all, and this customs worker of maybe 25 or 30 years old is getting belligerent with this old man, saying he has lied to him. Now, we know that determining if someone is lying without any hard evidence one way or the other is next to impossible, and yet this is the customs agent's job and the younger ones aren't even half-way full of life experience to be making these kinds of major decisions. I wouldn't feel so bad about it if they appointed senior citizens to this role, and to be fair some of the agents were a bit older.

The point is the pointlessness of the whole interrogation. The government has already so much information on you and me - all they need to do is check with the IRS and can see I'm a hard working person for many years, and police search to see if I have any priors - DONE. I'm a good ol' boy. Now they might want to follow up to see if I kept my promise after the Visa, but, anything else is pointless except for the process of subjugation itself. BTW, that customs agent looked like he really hated his job, but I'll bet he needed the paycheck.

It is frightening to think that Tom Cruise could actually be correctly portraying our society in the movie, "Minority Report" with the law enforcement practice of "pre-crime". Well, that is what we have today, with the only difference that we are usually denied our basic rights until we are cleared of pre-crime and only sometimes outright executed by the FBI in the airport for forgetting to take our anti-psychotic meds, or simply having a bad day, or being deaf or different, or dark skinned. Hrmmm...

The evolution of the police practicing crime prevention is a recent one ( William Brown, "A Historical Overview of American Policing" ). Granted there are differences between customs and police work, but they both practice prevention more than ever and this is where the problem lies: it should be illegal to actually commit immigration fraud, period. It should NOT be illegal to lie to The Man. One could be untruthful on the form and interview and never commit immigration fraud, but the government has tied the two together, which is pre-crime policing.

Edited by jhammer (see edit history)

Wholehearted congrats!

An rarely calls me for the obvious economic reason. Will it be a problem?

Add this question as another in the interview list.

My SO was just not expecting this question. The SO may have asked it with a stern voice.

I gave him all the logical reasons: economical, she doesn't have an international carrier linked to her line, and I always arrange with her on the next time I will call.

I am divorced so they tend to get suspicious.

-MoonGlare

Best wishes and Congrats to you!

This is very interesting an non-intuitive... I have been combing through the spreadsheet on CFL of the visa results and denial reasons to conclude that I am in great shape so far in all but the ex-wife department according to the trend:

I plan to file our 129F the day after my divorce next month. I've been separated over 1 year trying to get free. I met my new partner 5 months ago. Because I have two children in common with my X, I live in the same zip-code, even have not separated all accounts yet: I'm trying to be - and not doing too badly - at being a supportive ex-husband, and father.

I surely will gather as much of this information as I have noted from MoonGlare and others regarding my X, and it seems a really good timeline is needed. - still I feel from the bio of the members' problems on this issue that it may not prevent an initial blue slip as it seems like a reason for which they just cause needless delay for honest people which have, like someone said jokingly, " an 18 year master plan" to scam one immigration. The consulate likely has to show a certain rejection rate, not that it is a fixed percent, but at least something to appear like their work is worth the effort. The better Visa applicants get, the better they have to get at being tedious and menial bureaucrats, or should I say, clerks, whichever they are, because quite frankly they are placed in a loosing situation by their very benefactors, which is how it is meant to be anyway. It is an evolution ( devolution ) of the state in which the government has gotten bigger and bigger led and voted for by people claiming to want it smaller and smaller because they are frightened by the hate speech on the truth box and don't know what else to do.

I watched a poor customs official cross-examine a foreigner coming into Seattle with me. I overheard that the visitor had been here before legally, so I figure, what's the harm ? But, he didn't speak English much at all, and this customs worker of maybe 25 or 30 years old is getting belligerent with this old man, saying he has lied to him. Now, we know that determining if someone is lying without any hard evidence one way or the other is next to impossible, and yet this is the customs agent's job and the younger ones aren't even half-way full of life experience to be making these kinds of major decisions. I wouldn't feel so bad about it if they appointed senior citizens to this role, and to be fair some of the agents were a bit older.

The point is the pointlessness of the whole interrogation. The government has already so much information on you and me - all they need to do is check with the IRS and can see I'm a hard working person for many years, and police search to see if I have any priors - DONE. I'm a good ol' boy. Now they might want to follow up to see if I kept my promise after the Visa, but, anything else is pointless except for the process of subjugation itself. BTW, that customs agent looked like he really hated his job, but I'll bet he needed the paycheck.

It is frightening to think that Tom Cruise could actually be correctly portraying our society in the movie, "Minority Report" with the law enforcement practice of "pre-crime". Well, that is what we have today, with the only difference that we are usually denied our basic rights until we are cleared of pre-crime and only sometimes outright executed by the FBI in the airport for forgetting to take our anti-psychotic meds, or simply having a bad day, or being deaf or different, or dark skinned. Hrmmm...

The evolution of the police practicing crime prevention is a recent one ( William Brown, "A Historical Overview of American Policing" ). Granted there are differences between customs and police work, but they both practice prevention more than ever and this is where the problem lies: it should be illegal to actually commit immigration fraud, period. It should NOT be illegal to lie to The Man. One could be untruthful on the form and interview and never commit immigration fraud, but the government has tied the two together, which is pre-crime policing.

Thanks

I had also met my SO before my divorce was final. My case is much different from yours because this was a long time ago and I could prove that I was legally separated.

I should have submitted the three page evolution of relationship letter in the initial application. I still may have received a blue sheet, but I would have given the VO a framework to ask questions.

Expect a lot of interest in your ex wife. Just write in detail why you got divorce, why you love your SO and how she entered your life. When I got divorced (uncontested) the lawyer wrote up a statement that had both of our separated addresses. I sent the VO that statement. Anyway you must reside at a different address when you file. Then you can prove that and paint a clear picture in the VO¡¯s mind your situation. I think it would work out well for you because you are planning to remarry and looking ahead to what you must do. Most people got engaged and then scrambled to find out how to bring their SO here. Before you file I recommend a few more trips to see her, more hand written letters, emails, and more photos. I think they will focus on the initial stages of your relationship.

MoonGlare

You can see I also filed shortly after my divorce became final. We didn't have any problems. I do think that they look at the whole case (at least to some extent). My feel is that the following helped us:

- Very good income (probably the most important factor)

- Many trips to China

- My wife to be spoke English

- Visiting American Citizen's Hour and being there for the interview

- We'll organized, simple but complete, submissions at every step

Others may disagree, but this is my opinion of what helped us.