Li Ping Wu.

U.S. Embassy and Consulate officials are in continuing contact with customs

officials of the People's Republic of China (PRC), both in Guangzhou and in

Beijing, to secure permission for release of various boxes containing

immigrant visa petitions. It appears probable that your fiancee's case is

among them. In dealings with government officials of the PRC, we stress to

our interlocutors the need for swift resolution of the customs clearance

process. Current discussions focus on obtaining an import permit or

obtaining a waiver of the requirement for such a permit.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Cabral

Chief

Public Inquiries Division

Visa Services

<_< :lol: :( :(

What package are you waiting for?  Do those boxes contain the initial applications or name checks?

Both. Instead of being sent by diplomatic currier, they are now sent by DHL. regular freight mail. <_<

What else I can do now?  Keep writing?  Get my Congressman?  or Just wait....

<_<  :lol:

Contact your Senator and your Congressman. Show them the DHL #s and the letter from Harty that you received. These confidential documents are supposed to be handle by diplomatic currier, not by regular mail. The information contained therein jeopardizes your security and the Country's security. Your name, SS #, etc can be used by an interloper. Someone should be held accountable at NVC (DOS) and the items should not be sent as they are now. :(

"It appears probable that your fiancee's case is among them.".......duh!

I heard that GZ will mail the p3 in about 3 to 4 days after your case has been open. I have inquired by e-mail about my petition...nothing yet.

I was told by NVC that they no longer e-mail cases as stated in the Federal Register of September 7, 2001(implementation of K3 NIV). "K3 processing overseas will closely mirror that of K1 fiance processing."

NVC said they would only e-mail information upon request from GZ.

I work for a government (state) agency. We handle more than 600,000 paper applications a year and we do all the processing on them in less than 5 months start to finish, including sending followup letters, as well as processing and amending the 300,000 applications with various errors that are made on the original application. We do it with a Data Processing staff of less than 4 people.

So, I speak from experience, that these people, DOS, NVC, BCIS etc. are beyond incompetent and this particular screwup borders on the criminal.

And it just breaks my heart that WE are the ones who pay the price. There is no Transparency, there is no Accountability, and there is no Remedy available to those who have been harmed.

And it brings up some interesting points ... since this letter proves beyond a doubt that this shipment IS in fact a regular step in the visa process, probably done on a monthly basis, just what the hell has GZ been doing for the last 2 months ?

Oh, I forgot, they're so busy processing thousands of visas a month ... so all the other visas already in the pipeline must have processed even quicker, right ?

Thats why my wife has waited 3 months for GZ for an interview after her namecheck was completed. Guess GZ was just SO busy processing all those applications THEY NEVER RECEIVED.

I'm sure the Chinese government has quite efficiently 'processed' this paperwork themselves, and have some pretty interesting information in their databases regarding all the people, husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, spouses, parents (remember ... all four parents also have their info on the I-129F) as well as the financial info for those who included their I-134. I don't think I would be very happy about having all my personal info in some Chinese govt DB ... actually, ANY DB.

On the bright side, I bet the Chinese goverment processed the paperwork a lot faster than GZ did ...

:lol: :( :o :lol:

By the e-mail that one of our members received today, Harty had to admit that, indeed, people's confidential files are being left on the "Dock of the Bay". I am sure that they are steaming that this information was passed on to our Senators and now will have to cover. I would expect some repercussions to the boards as a result as we are responsible for making the knowledge known to Congress. <_<

I checked the DHL # that was sent from NVC on June 12 and it was received by the consulate on July 21. If you papers were sent June 12 than they are at the consulate now. Check with tywy_99, she seems to have many of the DHL numbers of certain days.