Vista Home Premium

My new computer has not arrived yet, but this is from the Microsoft Vista Help site:

To type text on your computer in character-based languages, such as Chinese and Japanese, follow these steps:

Add the language as an input language. If you want to use an input method editor (IME), make sure you select it when you add the input language. For more information, see Add an input language.

Change your input language to the language you installed. For more information, see Change your input language.

Change your keyboard layout to the desired layout. For more information, see Change your keyboard layout

My new computer has not arrived yet, but this is from the Microsoft Vista Help site:

To type text on your computer in character-based languages, such as Chinese and Japanese, follow these steps:

Add the language as an input language. If you want to use an input method editor (IME), make sure you select it when you add the input language. For more information, see Add an input language.

Change your input language to the language you installed. For more information, see Change your input language.

Change your keyboard layout to the desired layout. For more information, see Change your keyboard layout

Vista Home Premium does not have an option to input Chinese Language. It has Japanese, Vietnamese, and several others but not Chinese. I can find no way to download Chinese. Mcrosoft wants to charge to answer any questions.

Vista Home Premium does not have an option to input Chinese Language. It has Japanese, Vietnamese, and several others but not Chinese. I can find no way to download Chinese. Mcrosoft wants to charge to answer any questions.

Try Japanese - same characters.

U have to have Vista ultimate in order to see and use chinese characters unless you purchase the seperate Langauge package.

Sorry for the tough break...:-(

scooby94 is right: You must have Vista ultimate to see and use Chinese.

I have this installed on my system and have had no problems.

Works great!!

Always do your home work and research before buying software.

But Vista ultimate needs a powerful system to run the way it should.

Like this one.

gallery_2511_362_59063.jpg

I can build ya one for a small fee $$$$$$$$

U have to have Vista ultimate in order to see and use chinese characters unless you purchase the seperate Langauge package.

Works great!!

Like this one.

I use Ultimate with an older system. Athalon XP 2200 and it works just find. I did get a decent graphics card the lower level 7600 Nvidia card. I run chinese just fine on this system.

Works great!!

Like this one.

I use Ultimate with an older system. Athalon XP 2200 and it works just find. I did get a decent graphics card the lower level 7600 Nvidia card. I run chinese just fine on this system.

I have always built my own systems.

You can not get a system like this any where in any store.

Here are the spec's.

If your understand computers you will understand these spec's

CASE NZXT|LEXA BLACKLINE BK RT

MB ABIT IP35 Pro 775 bios 14

CPU INTEL|C2Q Q6600 2.40G 775

LIQD SWIFTECH|H20-220-APEX-GT RT

VGA EVGA 512-P3-N841-A3 8800GTS 512

2=seagate beracuda HD 250G|ST 7K 16M SATA2

Running Raid-0

PSU ABS|BZ700 700W RTL

MEM 2Gx4|GSK F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ R

CASE MOD|COLD CATHODE KIT CLK15BL

5LED LAZER LIGHT |LOGISYS MDLED5RGB

CASE LIGHT LOGISYS|CLK12UV2 OEM

Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

Look at line number 4) That is a water cooler.

And look at line number 9) mem 8GBs

And of course mother board ABIT IP35

and to top it off Itel due 2 quad core.

Any questions????

Do you know where to get a Chinese Language Pak that will work on Vista Home Premium. Upgrade to Ultimate is a bit pricey but that may be easier or else go back to XP.

I am by no means, a computer expert like so many here; however, a word of caution on using the new Vista software.

I tried installing it in my trusty desktop which I have had for a few years now; however, it would not work and caused my PC to slow so much, I had to immediately delete it.

So the question is, do I really need this new Vista ??? My HP/Intel-386 PC with Windows-95 has served me well for so long, I guess it can last a few more years ?? I guess I shudd'a bought that '486' when I had the chance, a few years back !!?? :)

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

I just installed Vista Home Premium. In Asian Languages it does not have an option for Chinese. Does anyone know how to get Chinese option installed? Thanks YP

I'm an old fart - I hate Vista with a Passion (After doing mega mondo acid tests with it for software my firm writes) -

So if moving to XP Professional is an option for you, do, please, use it.

If you want to stay totally OSS - then make a KNOPPIX CD , boot to chinese-mandarin

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

I am by no means, a computer expert like so many here; however, a word of caution on using the new Vista software.

I tried installing it in my trusty desktop which I have had for a few years now; however, it would not work and caused my PC to slow so much, I had to immediately delete it.

So the question is, do I really need this new Vista ??? My HP/Intel-386 PC with Windows-95 has served me well for so long, I guess it can last a few more years ?? I guess I shudd'a bought that '486' when I had the chance, a few years back !!?? :ph34r:

to be fair, the computer may of slowed down after vista was installed but the computer may not be up to snuff for vista anyway... or I've read too many software conflicts which can cause some slowdown and stuff you have to delete which might of worked fine in earlier versions.

When I went shopping for a new computer for my business use a month ago, there was no question: XP Pro machine for me... they are still supposed to sell it through June but only Dell and TigerDirect sell it as far as I have found...

you setup Vista Home Premium basically same way as XP, in Regional and Language Options...

I setup my wife's VHP with chinese and even got wubi working, which many online places says it won't work...

In Regional and Language Options, there is no option on Vista Home Premium for Chinese. I can get Chinese website and Yahoo Chinese fine but there is no way to have Chinese IME for emails ect. If we get in a language problem, I can write something in English and it will tranlate in to Chinese on Google Translate. However she can not write in Mandarin and translate back to me from Chinese to English....What is wubi ?

you setup Vista Home Premium basically same way as XP, in Regional and Language Options...

I setup my wife's VHP with chinese and even got wubi working, which many online places says it won't work...

In Regional and Language Options, there is no option on Vista Home Premium for Chinese. I can get Chinese website and Yahoo Chinese fine but there is no way to have Chinese IME for emails ect. If we get in a language problem, I can write something in English and it will tranlate in to Chinese on Google Translate. However she can not write in Mandarin and translate back to me from Chinese to English....What is wubi ?

so obviously the great satan of Microsoft has created two versions of VHP :harhar1:

or you can PM me so we can try to chat about it... or you can write 100 more posts about this :roller: