AOS approved after Senator

Li li's AOS has been in California for over one year. We contacted Senator Lincoln Davis from TN in January. They sent a letter to CA asking for expedition of process. We were contacted by email several weeks later by the Senators office, saying the contact in CA (Laguna) would adjudicate the case. We got the official welcome letter on its way and green card on its way notices from CRIS. We havent received the welcome letter just yet. It seems like we get to bypass the interview in Memphis maybe. I guess we were a part of the FBI's 47000 name hit backlog. I hope someone has to testify about that someday in congress. Thats a lot of peoples lives. Lili started reading the driving handbook again. Driving soon, with a green card. FYI

Sincerely Yours, Charles and Li.

Li li's AOS has been in California for over one year. We contacted Senator Lincoln Davis from TN in January. They sent a letter to CA asking for expedition of process. We were contacted by email several weeks later by the Senators office, saying the contact in CA (Laguna) would adjudicate the case. We got the official welcome letter on its way and green card on its way notices from CRIS. We havent received the welcome letter just yet. It seems like we get to bypass the interview in Memphis maybe. I guess we were a part of the FBI's 47000 name hit backlog. I hope someone has to testify about that someday in congress. Thats a lot of peoples lives. Lili started reading the driving handbook again. Driving soon, with a green card. FYI

Sincerely Yours, Charles and Li.

First, congratulations on moving forward !! :D

Next, were you K-1 or K-3 ?? How did your previous petition timeline go, were you delayed getting the NOA-2 or at the NVC ?? How easy was her interview ??

Can you post a timeline ?? All of this helps for the rest of us still in the tank !!! Thanks ;)

We did a 129F before the imbra days. Normal timeline (10months) plus three for employment info Blueslip (really an extra security check). It took us 13 months for a Visa. 10/2005-11/2006. Her interview was easy until she mentioned employment involving oil and electronics. The blue slip left her crying for days. The lack of info was what hurts. If they would just tell you its an extra security check it wouldnt be so bad. Lots of emails to GUZ. We filed the 485 in 12/2006. 14 months later to green card. And after hitting up a US rep.

Wow- Congratulations. We contacted Bob Corker's office in Tennesee, and that is finally what worked- after 3 1/2 years. I would definitely suggest calling a senator. Call- no letters. We contacted tons of congressmen, who could only give us an update on our status. We even tried suing and that didn't work. We sent letters to tons of congressmen every month, and even sent a couple of letters, and got some responses, from Laura Bush. But until Corker got elected nothing worked. Then, we contacted Corker in November and everything was fixed by January of this year.