I-485 Transferred to CSC

I learned today when I logged into USCIS's website and entered our I-485 case number that it has been transferred to California Service Center. It also states that a notice was sent to us explaining this. The notice has yet to arrive.

This transfer of our case means what? Good or bad?

We have yet to receive our biometrics appointment, should we have had one scheduled by now?

Thanks,

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

I learned today when I logged into USCIS's website and entered our I-485 case number that it has been transferred to California Service Center. It also states that a notice was sent to us explaining this. The notice has yet to arrive.

This transfer of our case means what? Good or bad?

We have yet to receive our biometrics appointment, should we have had one scheduled by now?

Thanks,

Clayton

Hi Clayton. Good to hear from you. :)

Ours was transferred as well as a few others here lately. The consensus seems to be that it's at the very least not a bad thing and some have menitoned that it would mean a better chance of approval without interview. Don't know it there's any evidence for that or not. We've got our fingers crossed. :)

Guest Mike and Lily

It's either good or neutral. It may mean that your case gets approved without an interview, or maybe not. Our case was never transferred but we have our interview scheduled. Good luck!

It can means that MSC determined case may be adjudicated without interview. CSC will adjudicate it and if an interview is decided to be needed they will send it back to MSC, to then send to your field office for interview.

Only problem with this is that it can get stuck waiting on a name-check, all this time you will not know what is going on.

Ours went to CSC and was approved in about 4 months.

Tony started a post on this and it used to be pinned.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=14871&hl=

Thanks Dave, Mike and Dan.

After reading your replies and following the link from Dan I am feeling hopeful, but not counting on anything too much.

Reading others timelines, it seems most have had their biometrics appointments scheduled within several weeks after NOA1 is received.

Should I worry of this yet?

At some point they will require fingerprints and photos...correct?

Clayton

After reading your replies and following the link from Dan I am feeling hopeful, but not counting on anything too much.

Reading others timelines, it seems most have had their biometrics appointments scheduled within several weeks after NOA1 is received.

Clayton

I think you're still within the non-worrying biometrics window. :lol:

Clayton

Biometrics are set by your field office, so depending on how busy they are will determine when you get the appointment.

Biometrics is taking fingerprints, signature and a picture.

Hi Clayton

We did not receive anything about the Biometrics either. Our receipt numbers are not logged in the USCIS system yet (it gave me an error message when I check our receipt numbers). I called this morning with Lulu and the lady said they can not tell me anything unless it has passed 30 days from the NOA1. Is this normal??

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Gino,

Hoping, as you, that we both find our biometric appointments soon.

Our receipt number for the I-485 has been logged in since the 15th of February. As you know our case has been sent to CSC. Yesterday we received another I-797C stating just that.

I have not had to call their number, but I would think by now there should be something on their computer system since they do have a case number assigned. I would call again soon and hopefully speak to another other than Lulu.

Keep us updated. I will PM you with our biometrics appointment when it is assigned. Likewise.

Clayton

Hi Clayton

We did not receive anything about the Biometrics either. Our receipt numbers are not logged in the USCIS system yet (it gave me an error message when I check our receipt numbers). I called this morning with Lulu and the lady said they can not tell me anything unless it has passed 30 days from the NOA1. Is this normal??

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Gino,

Hoping, as you, that we both find our biometric appointments soon.

Our receipt number for the I-485 has been logged in since the 15th of February. As you know our case has been sent to CSC. Yesterday we received another I-797C stating just that.

I have not had to call their number, but I would think by now there should be something on their computer system since they do have a case number assigned. I would call again soon and hopefully speak to another other than Lulu.

Keep us updated. I will PM you with our biometrics appointment when it is assigned. Likewise.

Clayton

I would look at NOA1 letter, it may have biometrics appointment info on it, OR it may have been issued before USCIS changed their procedure.

"USCIS CONSOLIDATES BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT LETTER INTO ONE NOTICE FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS APPLICANTS"

SEE: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/US...s)(17Feb08).pdf

Thanks Dan.

Although I had read and re-read each I-797C numerous times, after reading your post I had to question myself and look again.

I did not miss anything. I'd had been disappointed if I did overlook this scheduled appointment.

It does read this:

BIOMETRICS-

The next step is to have your biometrics taken, if required, at a US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Application Support Center (ASC).

PLEASE NOTE-

USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT. You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken.

WHAT TO BRING TO Your appointment-

Please bring this letter and your photo identification to your appointment. Acceptable kinds of photo identification are:

- a passport or national photo identification issued by your country.

- a driver's license,

- a military photo identification, or

- a state-issued photo identification card.

If you do not bring this letter and photo identification, we cannot process you.

Please bring a copy of all receipt notices received from USCIS in relation to your current application for benefits.

-----------

No appointment time, date or address of office to bring the above to.

Our NOA notice date is January 31, 2008. I am hoping with this new change that I read from your link, that we have not fallen through the crack.

Clayton

Read the memo more closely - there is no change for family-based applications (only employment based)

This process is already in place for applicants who file family based I-485 and concurrent I-765 applications at the Chicago Lockbox facility or through online

e-filing.

The "change" is to make a single biometrics appointment for both the AOS and the EAD card for employment-based applications, which family-based applicants are already doing.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Our notice came before they updated it online. Also... our biometric appointment notice had both EAD and AoS receipt numbers on it. I'm sure you(clayton) already called them up asking about it? Maybe they won't require it from you because it does state "if required"...

Edited by Zachary And Lychee (see edit history)