Good news on the mail delays!

Guest triattorney

I am overjoyed at this news. However, I am not certain your sources are entirely accurate. A DHL tracking report I just ran shows the May 9 shipment still at DHL's Guangzhou facility pursuant to a "clearance delay." How confident are you in your source of this information?

I am overjoyed at this news.  However, I am not certain your sources are entirely accurate.   A DHL tracking report I just ran shows the May 9 shipment still at DHL's Guangzhou facility pursuant to a "clearance delay."  How confident are you in your source of this information?

The information I have is that DHL will update there records once GZ gets all ten shipments successively. This should be next week sometime. GZ picked up 4 of the shipments yesterday which includes the May 9th mailing. It was said that it only took two days to go through the formalities to clear this mail when the May 9th shipment has been held up for over two months.

I have received information pertaining only to the May 9th mailing. I dont have any details concerning the other delayed shipments but I have heard of mailing dates of June 12th and June 27th. These cases may or may not be involved.

I feel that the information I have posted is reliable.

tywy,

Mine papers were sent June 12. so it is a good chance that it is being held up also, because as of yesterday,GZ didn't have ant record of my file. this is like a month/half. I would rather have them at customs than lost. If you hear anything more about the June 12 shippment, please let me know. Maybe this is why MH hasn't answered my e-mails in three weeks.

Hi, tywy,

Do you konw whether the security clearance notices from DoS will be in these shipment as well? Or these shipments are strictly from NVC to GZ. Our case has been held since November, I certainly hope some of these mailings contain the approvals of the security clearances for some of the on-holders.

Thanks.

Christy

tywy_99

Thank you so much for this information. This is great news, because now we can judge better how long the papers take once they get to GZ till GZ sends out the P-3 and P-4 packets.

Thank you again and a speedy visa for you and all.

Hi, tywy,

Do you konw whether the security clearance notices from DoS will be in these shipment as well?  Or these shipments are strictly from NVC to GZ. Our case has been held since November, I certainly hope some of these mailings contain the approvals of the security clearances for some of the on-holders.

Thanks.

Christy

I have no information to offer you on any security clearance notices from DOS. All I know about security is what NVC has told me. The times that I was able to get a line to NVC all they would say was that the case is going through security checks, and then it was mailed to GZ on May 9th. I know that there were 10 mailings held by customs running through May to July. I can only speak for the May 9th mailing and the reason it was held up was due to being overwieght, weighing 400kg!

I wish I could be of more help. GZ has picked up 4 of the mailings and suppose to get the rest soon after. This being the case, information obtained from the consulate may be of use soon. Before, due to the delays, trying to get information about one's case from the consulate was an excercise in futility!

Good Luck!

I am a member of the Asian American Couple group on Yahoo.com. One member suggested I check out this site to see if I could resolve my particular problem. Needless to say, what I read this morning made me quite excited.

I am a May 9th victim, it would seem. NVC assured me several times that they mailed it on the 9th. GZ has never seen it. GZ will do nothing until they do and NVC's policy prevents them from doing anything further until a request is made from GZ. Stalemate. It seems I'm not the only one stick in this situation. Let's all hope that next week brings with it great luck for those ten couples. :D

rschaadtw, In reply:

NVC sends out several mails of various shapes, sizes, weights, and content nearly every day to GZ consulate via DHL express. The mailing dates obtained from NVC may not be the same as the pick up dates that DHL post for whatever reason, weekends, holidays, etc. However, I have a waybill number for a July 8th pick up which is in delay but there were also pick ups on the 9th and 10th from NVC to GZ as well and alot of this mail is also in delay, again, for whatever reason...July 8th.: 9417991612.

Call NVC and ask them again for the mailing date of your case and then, with a little rhyme and reason, ask them for the DHL airbill number. They probaly won't give it to you, being a third party, but it doesn't hurt to ask, and in a last-ditch attempt, ask them for the exact mailing address /w zips of both shipper/receiver including any contact names. With this informaton, DHL can give you an accurate account. I hope this helps, good luck and if you strike out with NVC, rest assured that if your case isn't already in the consulate's hands then it is among the mulitudes of delayed mail and is not lost.

tywy_99,

This is really great news for anyone who is dealing with NVC. You most have some real charm on the phone to dig this out of NVC. I have called so many times, and I can only get the standard replies, but that's to you, I know my papers are not loss. That was my biggest fear.

Thank you again for all this information, sorry you couldn't help Christy, she has really been waiting a long time and DOS has put her through the ringer.

I hope next week will show a lot more P-3's going out.

Hello all,

I see a lot of hits and quite a few replies since my initial post and I am not the least bit surprised because I know that there are many couples and families concerned with the whereabouts of their case.

The only definite information that can be obtained effortlessly is the mailing date and the GUZ number from NVC but weeks go by and GZ consulate still has no information about your case. The most likely reason for this is that the cases are among the volumes of mail being held by CAN customs due to whatever infraction, awaiting the proper approvals for their release. In the case of the May 9th mailing it was the heavy weight of the mail. I say most likely because I can only speak for the May 9th mail but it stands to reason for the other mails as well. Concerning the May 9th shipment, I have an earlier e-mail from DHL- Sinotrans Guangdong Branch stating that DHL is working with the consulate to get this mail cleared. This process would take over a month, according to the consulate's reply. I heard that this process would go through the embassy in Beijing. Since this delay I have learned that NVC mailings of June 12th, June 27th, and July 8th all have met with the same fate.

As far as my initial post, my most wonderful qi zi informed me of this grand news! Since learning of the delay she has diligently pursued this matter to no ends with e-mails and telephone calls to all constituents, however remotely involved, from Guangzhou to Beijing and back! I owe her all the credit and I stand by her news 110%. She made the call to DHL Friday morning and was told that some of the delayed mail has been cleared and the others will soon follow. She had a friend call DHL about the mail and her friend was told the same thing. I have no reason to doubt this spectacular news. It was the best news that I have heard in months and I wanted to share it with others. She has done a remarkable job throughout this ordeal and I am just gleaming with pride and admiration for her. "U Go Girl!"

With this said, I wish everyone the best of luck! We will see what lies on the horizon in the upcoming week.