HELLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!&

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have picked up a horrific cold. Wifey has been making me take gobs of Chinese herbal crap to no avail. We have a parade of her Chinese friends and their spouses coming at all hours of the day and night doing God knows what type of incantations over and I get sicker and sicker. I now have a collection of antibiotics-non of which can help my running, sneezing nose or the cough! I need to find some normal cold medicine with a cough suppressant and an antihistamine in it. My nose is running like Niagara falls and I¡¯m scaring the locals sneezing. All the translators I¡¯ve used can not find a word for antihistamine or Claritin or or or NON-HERBAL meds.

Damnit, I want some Alka-Seltzer plus or any other American meds--not ground up sea monkeys.

Anyone know how to ask for or find this in China?

PS--Chinese new year is AWSOME!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have picked up a horrific cold. Wifey has been making me take gobs of Chinese herbal crap to no avail. We have a parade of her Chinese friends and their spouses coming at all hours of the day and night doing God knows what type of incantations over and I get sicker and sicker. I now have a collection of antibiotics-non of which can help my running, sneezing nose or the cough! I need to find some normal cold medicine with a cough suppressant and an antihistamine in it. My nose is running like Niagara falls and I¡¯m scaring the locals sneezing. All the translators I¡¯ve used can not find a word for antihistamine or Claritin or or or NON-HERBAL meds.

Damnit, I want some Alka-Seltzer plus or any other American meds--not ground up sea monkeys.

Anyone know how to ask for or find this in China?

PS--Chinese new year is AWSOME!!

Just great!! I can just see the next SARS epidemic was started by Trigg!! :blink:

Thanks...for goin' to China and spreadin' the next flu!! :)

Last time I was in China i got a cold. I wanted some benedryl so we went to the drug store. There it was sitting there in the glass counter but my wife said I could not have it. :blink: I told her "this is what I want." She said "no" again. I asked her why and she said "medicine no same USA." But I read the box as it was in English but she insisted that I take some sort of Chinese medicine. I learned a cold hard lesson. ALWAYS take cold medicine with me when I go to China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What city are you in, if you're in a city over a million you should be able to at least find mentholatum, usually they are in big supermarket-department stores. Well, I hope you get better.

Great idea. I did exactly that. It really helped and was "chinese wife" approved. :roller:

Man Trigg I do feel for you even if you are a sheepie.............

sorry, just couldn't pass it up :roller:

Hope you start feeling better soon

Hi Trigg - are you in ZhanJiang still ? I sent you PM with contact info for a doctor friend of mine 2 days ago - she know everything about OTC meds , can help you - please re-read my PM ?

Hi Trigg - are you in ZhanJiang still ? I sent you PM with contact info for a doctor friend of mine 2 days ago - she know everything about OTC meds , can help you - please re-read my PM ?

Ya, but you said she is a shrink-I'm already shrunk. I just want some cold meds to make my feel bad feel better and I'd rather French kiss a cobra than take anymore of these Chinamaneses things---ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

PS-Only 675,943,321.5 Chinese hineys left ot check out. So many of them and so few of me!

Now Trigg be a good boy and take the medicine wifey gives you. She give you any of that stuff that makes you tingle all over like electric shock? Man I hate that stuff. Works though.

Great Carl!! Now if wifey sees this I'll be getting Electroconvulsive shock therapy and in China they use 240-------youchyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I guess I'll jsut find a bottle of Jack D. and libate myself well

Ya, but you said she is a shrink-I'm already shrunk. I just want some cold meds to make my feel bad feel better and I'd rather French kiss a cobra than take anymore of these Chinamaneses things---ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

PS-Only 675,943,321.5 Chinese hineys left ot check out. So many of them and so few of me!

Ya, but she's a regular doctor too, and knows about OTC (Over the Counter) Western Meds and where to purchase them in ZhanJiang (which I thought you wanted to do?) . Also, she has access to the Inside Pharmacy at that hospital and can prescribe Western Drugs for you. My apologies, I really thought you could contact her, have some help with your illness.

RE: 675,943,321.5 Chinese hineys left ot check out -

wei - didn't you start with 800,000,000.0 ? You've been a busy man ! Are you measuring via tactile response?

Darnells DR freind hooked me up and now I'm off to put my stamp of aproval on zillions of Asian hineys--most of which are female.

Thanks Darnell!!!!!!!

Trigg - glad to know you are getting something done.

But - silly question #4 -

Dude - tell me - how you get clearance from the LP to

join CHAS (Chinese Hiney Appreciation Society) ???

I would have thought she keeps the blinders on yer head when you two go outside for further CHAS meetings and activities.

I am in Nanning now and have had severe chills 2 days in a row. I think it is the moist cold and the fact that the Chinese don't seem to use heaters. If only I had thought about it, I would have brought my hunting clothing and would be toasty warm. The thing that kills me is that I live in Eureka, Montana where it is supposed to be cold. The Chinese seem to manage this chill quite nicely.

A solid 24 hours in bed helped me - but next time I come to China in the winter time I am bringing my hunting long johns and my fur coat.