Kitchen Sink Preparation

Hi All,

I am in the process of slowly, carefully preparing my kitchen sink. I have read the previous posts on this subject and have found them quite useful. I am still working out how many folders, what goes where, etc. In all honesty, my package will probably be more like ten folders. My question is this. Will there be any necessity to be prepared to give copies (for Guangzhou to keep of things like) phone records, e-mails, MSN chat logs? In other words, should I carry extra copies of relationship evidence stuff so that I can give them a copy and still keep the originals?

If I understand correctly, I should be prepared to give copies of documents to them, or even originals of documents if they request them, but I'm still not completely clear on all of this. I really want to make sure I do everything right. It's making my head hurt. :headbang: Oh wait, maybe it hurts because I keep banging the wall. No, it's the kitchen sink that's doing it. :Dah:

We are taking three copies of everything.

I have a question about :

B. "Ex" spouse and/or Dependents

- Proof of residency (if divorced)

His residency is stated in the divorce papers. Do we need another form of proof?

AND.

D. Miscellaneous

- Video for communication if in doubt

I have read something about this. But we do not have a video.

We had two copies so that Lao Po could feel free to let them keep anything they wanted to.

We organized in packets bound with ACCO fasteners. The front sheet had the topic identified in Chinese and English such as ... Financial responsibility, Relationship proof, etc.

We didn't want her dropping a folder and scattering items all over. Worked for us ...

Guest Rob & Jin

His residency is stated in the divorce papers. Do we need another form of proof?

AND.

D. Miscellaneous

We have a notarised letter from the ex stating where she lives, plus some utility bills.

We have recorded onto DVD some of us talking on web cam and screen shots as well.

3 copies of every single document, except emails.

AND.

D. Miscellaneous

We got a bunch of stuff ready buddy, but no video, do no think it is needed. We did organize it in the order of my trips and I put in outlines of what is in there in both English and Chinese!! :rolleyes:

yemmie, I am thinking the same things as I prepare. If you have the ability to make a 5 minute video, without edits or breaks as they say...go for It. Ping and I have practiced on video skype and will try on camcorder next trip. I prefer to try it 5 times until she is comfortable and pick the best one. If they need it, the request will most likely come via blue slip. I'd hate to be in a position to tell Ping while she's upset and nervous that we need to do this to succeed. Better to have and not need. And keep it. Years from now it will be an endless source of amusement (for you)!

Good luck to you.

Edited by Jay & Ping (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

video is only asked for overcome evidence.. ergo, blue slip...

why start with bad karma by creating one before it's asked for :o

If the VO wants one, they will say what they want on it as well...

Well , "hope for the best prepare for the worse" no harm in preparing for the blue first. You never know for some fluke they may even accept the evidence at the interview if you have it (although unlikely), but anyway it means you can post it back very quickly post interview , if you have it ready. JMHO

yemmie remember on CFL all the really good FAQ stuff!!

KITCHEN SINK LIST:

This is a personal recommendation based on interview and overcome, and more than the minimum required information to bring. Don¡¯t confuse this recommend with guidelines stated by GUZ or other federal agencies. The VO is able to ask for anything. This list seeks to have as much as possible available.

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Ne...Index_New2.html

GO to CFL EZ FAQ and drop down the P-4 stuff and read over the kitchen sink list!! :whistling:

video is only asked for overcome evidence.. ergo, blue slip...

why start with bad karma by creating one before it's asked for :whistling:

If the VO wants one, they will say what they want on it as well...

Well , "hope for the best prepare for the worse" no harm in preparing for the blue first. You never know for some fluke they may even accept the evidence at the interview if you have it (although unlikely), but anyway it means you can post it back very quickly post interview , if you have it ready. JMHO

I follow you... but let's remember what a blue slip is usually for: to review evidence. They are not that interested in reviewing something in the interview that's longer than a glance or confirmation.

And.. if they want a video [which is maybe surprisingly rare since so many interview without english], then I think there is more concern on the VOs mind than meets the eye...

By all means.. if it makes one feel better... go for it...

KITCHEN SINK LIST:

This is a personal recommendation based on interview and overcome, and more than the minimum required information to bring. Don¡¯t confuse this recommend with guidelines stated by GUZ or other federal agencies. The VO is able to ask for anything. This list seeks to have as much as possible available.

GO to CFL EZ FAQ and drop down the P-4 stuff and read over the kitchen sink list!! :lol:

Yes, thanks to you and everyone. I have read and saved for further reading much of the CFL faq stuff. But I do appreciate the reminder. I will continue to study all the materials I can find as I prepare my materials. As I see it, I have about 8-10 months to put it all together, plenty of time to do it right.

• 4 weeks later...

KITCHEN SINK LIST:

GO to CFL EZ FAQ and drop down the P-4 stuff and read over the kitchen sink list!! :blink:

I'm not really replying to myself. Rather, I am here to give a progress report and to ask a question. I forget who it was that suggested the top bound folders for the I 129-F petition, but I liked them so much that I decided to use them for much of the kitchen sink because I don't want my girl to drop stuff and have all the papers go flying. So far, I have only really been working on the relationship stuff, but here's how I think I want to do everything:

Folders: 1. Travel Info., Gift Info., Other Important Receipts

2. Phone Records, Letters, Cards, still pictures of E-cards

3. E-mails

4. MSN Conversation Logs (if possible, I will only use one

5. MSN Conversation Logs folder instead of two, but there

are sooo many pages)

6. Pictures of us together in China

7. Pictures of us talking to each other on computer

All pictures are actually in side bound presentation

folders and have sheet protectors. All pictures were

copied into a word document, 1-2 pics per page, and

were captioned in bold letters.

8. A copy of my original I 129-F submission

On the cover of each of these things is a label that lists each of the overall categories first in English, then under that a picture of it, and finally under that Chinese. What the hell, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Travel Information

(Picture of a little airplane )

ÂÃÐÐÊý¾Ý

Gift Information

(Picture of a gift wrapped present)

ÀñÎïÊý¾Ý

Other Receipts

(Picture of a receipt)

ÆäËûµÄÊÕ¾Ý

Inside each folder is an overall table of contents listing everything in English and in Chinese, and each section has a table of contents and is tabbed for easy location.

A duplicate set of all of these things.

Maybe a CD containing all of the pictures, additional chat conversations, all of the still pictures of the e-cards

For the rest of it - the proof of interview appointment, P3 paperwork, P4 paperwork, U.S petitioner paperwork, and blank forms - I plan to organize them into pocket type folders placed into some sort of accordian folder so the papers can easily be found and removed. I figure this way if she drops something, at least she'll know that anything that is loose is brand new stuff for the interview.

And finally, everything will be placed inside an old camcorder case that has a shoulder strap and is just about perfect for this. Yes, she will get a sore shoulder, but she should be able to handle everything.

I actually am making three copies of everything, one of which she will not take with her to the interview, but we will have for future needs.

Now finally my question. Someone answered it before, but I can't remember and I can't find the post. How tall and wide is the opening in the bottom of the glass. So far, none of my top bound folders are more than 1 inch thick so I feel certain that they will fit easily, but there are so many pages of chat logs they will definitely be thicker. I am hoping I can use just one folder about 2 inches thick and that that will be enough.

OK, hope I didn't bore you all too much, and I also hope you don't think my approach to this is insane. ;)

Guest Tony n Terrific

Hope she can carry it all :unsure: , and find it if asked, remember "KISS"

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid. No offense intended it is an abbreviation.