Received Today...

Sent our K-1 AOS paperwork in on January 25. Check cashed on February 1.

Today received three I-797C's, NOA's. One each for I-485, I-765 and I-131 with receipt dates of January 27 and notice dates of January 31.

As I know I have failed to include two passport photos in our I-765 and I-131 I can expect an RFE soon on each of these.

Does anyone know when I might get these RFE's and from who?

On the I-485 and I-765 NOA it has an ASC code number, each different. The I-131 NOA does not list an ASC number. The ASC number is in reference to?

Also, I was hoping to find a number other than my wife's A# on these NOA's, so I can track progress on USCIS's website of our I-485, but do not see any other numbers.

How can I track progress of our I-485?

As jim, Dan and others informed me, we could use the name of choice on the forms listed above and today we were very happy to find all three notices with the name as we had hoped on them. Yea! We will hope this does not cause confusion in the rest of this process and the changing of her passport come time.

Thanks,

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Look for MSC numbers, they can be used to track petition status on USCIS website.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

It make take some time for USCIS to enter the new cases into the status system.

RFE for passport photos will most likely come from Missouri (National Benefits Center)

Thanks Gino...but it's easy getting these NOA1's, as they are only notice of receipts and payment. Happy to get them though.

Hoping all goes well with the next steps. I'll be happy when I learn of our biometrics appointment.

I've noticed your timeline, have you not received your notice/s yet? You filed a couple of days ahead of us.

Take care,

Clayton

Guest Mike and Lily

Thanks Dave.

And to think...these three NOA1's cost me only...$1,010! :rolleyes:

Using your timeline as a guide. Hope all is well with both you and Christine.

Clayton

In a couple of years, that will probably seem cheap, and the wait will be twice as long! With the US Government, you never get what you pay for!

Sweet! You filed almost the same time as us. Do you think you didn't get the biometrics appointment because of the lack of passport photos?

Zachary,

I prepared our I-485 with all the proper paperwork and photos. I am not concerned of an RFE on it, but I have been wrong in my life before. Lol.

I did not realize that the I-765 and I-131 needed two photos each also. With my new wife here by my side, I let my guard down a little and failed to read the instructions properly for what was required for these two documents. I feel the I-485 will keep pace with all the others.

Glad to know you and Lychee are right there with us. I'll be watching your timeline also.

Clayton

jim...Thanks again and thanks for the link to your past post. I will follow through as you list. We are very happy that the NOA's arrived in the name she wishes.

Gino...Happy to read that you also received your NOA1's. We seem to share the same timeline as others. It will be interesting to see how each city near us handles our biometric appointments.

Dave...You are so correct. I count my lucky stars!

Clayton

Sent our K-1 AOS paperwork in on January 25. Check cashed on February 1.

Today received three I-797C's, NOA's. One each for I-485, I-765 and I-131 with receipt dates of January 27 and notice dates of January 31.

As I know I have failed to include two passport photos in our I-765 and I-131 I can expect an RFE soon on each of these.

Does anyone know when I might get these RFE's and from who?

On the I-485 and I-765 NOA it has an ASC code number, each different. The I-131 NOA does not list an ASC number. The ASC number is in reference to?

Also, I was hoping to find a number other than my wife's A# on these NOA's, so I can track progress on USCIS's website of our I-485, but do not see any other numbers.

How can I track progress of our I-485?

As jim, Dan and others informed me, we could use the name of choice on the forms listed above and today we were very happy to find all three notices with the name as we had hoped on them. Yea! We will hope this does not cause confusion in the rest of this process and the changing of her passport come time.

Thanks,

Clayton

Nice Clayton, pretty quick to get them back that soon?

Could you list the exact forms you sent in and you did change the name on the I-765 and then put it as the same name on the I-485?

The I-485 is the real key as some have told me, but the whole name thing is still confusing me??

Sorry to ask, but trying to get all these ready! Also they all require there own support papers right??

Mark and feng!!

Zachary,

I prepared our I-485 with all the proper paperwork and photos. I am not concerned of an RFE on it, but I have been wrong in my life before. Lol.

I did not realize that the I-765 and I-131 needed two photos each also. With my new wife here by my side, I let my guard down a little and failed to read the instructions properly for what was required for these two documents. I feel the I-485 will keep pace with all the others.

Glad to know you and Lychee are right there with us. I'll be watching your timeline also.

Clayton

Clayton,

We're in the same boat as you. We also forgot the I-765 photos, but like you, I'm not worried. GC is more important. :lol: Our timelimes should be very close.

Zachary

Mark...The forms we used for the I-485 are:

I-485

G-325A

I-864

I-693A

We also used optional forms:

I-765

I-131

We included supporting documents with all forms. Don't forget, if you file the I-765 and the I-131 to also include two passport photos with these also.

We used the name she wished on all forms starting with I-485 and used the same chosen name on all others as we will do throughout the process and forever more in our future.

Here is a link to a post that had several questions and one that involves the name change we wanted to use: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29096

Here is a great link posted by yuan fen on his cover sheet for the I-485 and more that alerted me to my passport photo error for the two optional forms in case you missed it:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27124

Zachary...Lol. I don't feel so alone now! Sorry you fell into the same boat as myself. Please let me know when/if you get your RFE for them.

Good luck to you both.

Clayton