Received interview date

Hello everyone. We received an interview date of March 13 on last Friday, and I am trying to plan for airline reservations. Assuming we are successful in obtaining the visa, I understand that it can be picked up at a post office location in GZ in two business days. Does anyone out there have experience or knowledge about the reliability of the two business day timeframe? Northwest Airlines has some great fares to GZ now, and I would love to nail that down. Am currently thinking about making the return reservation on March 19 to give a little cushion in case there is any problem in getting the visa.

Thanks.

Hello everyone. We received an interview date of March 13 on last Friday, and I am trying to plan for airline reservations. Assuming we are successful in obtaining the visa, I understand that it can be picked up at a post office location in GZ in two business days. Does anyone out there have experience or knowledge about the reliability of the two business day timeframe? Northwest Airlines has some great fares to GZ now, and I would love to nail that down. Am currently thinking about making the return reservation on March 19 to give a little cushion in case there is any problem in getting the visa.

Thanks.

The visa is usually received in the 2 days, however, some have had to wait as long as 7 days with no apparent reason. That is, they checked with the post office each day until the 7th day when it arrived.

Congratulations!!! Very good news!!! My sweet Fang and I experienced the 2 day wait for visa back in November...interviewed on a Monday, visa in hand on Wednesday. We all hope the same for you and good luck!!!!

Thank you, Michaelt for the kind wishes. Hope all goes well for you and yours.

Hey, Congratulations !!! This is great news. :D

Your interview is the same day as Mark¡¯s. Both of you were able to get your date prior to the start of the CNY Holiday.

And looking at your timeline, both of you are each almost exactly 5.5 months, from the date your file exited the NVC, until interview date. This information helps the rest of us who are trying to plan accordingly.

As to your other question, it has been my observation, that the clear majority of visas, have been ready in that two to three day range, after the interview. As I recall from member feedback, only a small percentage have been delayed five to seven days, over the past 18 months or so.

You are fortunate also, because come April, the airfares to CAN jump up for most of the month, due to the Canton Trade Fair in Guangzhou, which is held in both April and October; then the fares drop down again right after the big Holiday the first week of May. ;)

Thanks.

My feng is going the same day from Shenzhen and will take the train to GZU!!

Pm me and maybe we can work out helping each other??

Mark and feng!! <_<

Congrats! :happy2: :cheering:

Thanks to all of you for your kind wishes. Did run into a little snag, as DOS told me on Friday 2/1 that we had the interview date, but when I called the embassy on the following Monday to confirm, they were quite adamant that no date had been set. From what I have learned, that seems to be normal - that DOS will tell you before the embassy does, and that the P4 is actually mailed out about a week after the date that DOS quotes. Anyway, I think I'm confident about the date, and wish the best for all of you guys.

Ralph