BIG problems with Little Chinese Wife

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are so welcome Drew.

I made a mistake in my earlier post, saying you learned from your ex Chinese wife, which should be ex Chinese fiance. Since my post was cited already, I will make the correction here. Sorry about it.

Separation and non face-to-face communication is hard. Wish you two will be together soon.

YES. THANK YOU CATHY.

Ladies and Gentleman... everything she wrote is dead on.

I also read to my mother what she wrote and she was very impressed.

I am talking with my wife now and everything seems back on track again..

THANK YOU CATHY!!!!!

I'm glad to hear this as I am sure all are. I like a few others have not had an easy transition with the wife, yet we both have something that has made us stick it out and solve the problems. We go crazy for each other as bad as we have had trouble. So much was changes in life style needed and the rest a comprehension of each other on things we had no idea we were misunderstanding. Symantics are just so subtle. Hope it works for you and claim her on the taxes.

It doesn't seem too good that your communications are On and Off. Maybe the makeup is so beautiful.

I heard a 22-year-old girl tell me "It doesn't matter whether a man is wealthy or not. If he doesn't spend money on me, it's useless. A waste. " (No, this is not your wife said. )

Does your wife really want a future with you? Does she really understand commitment which marriage is supposed to be?

It reminds me of Gary and Merry: On and Off, swing from one side to the other. The chemistry was so well. The makeup was so beautiful. But this relationship makes a human's life less productive.

Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)

It doesn't seem too good that your communications are On and Off. Maybe the makeup is so beautiful.

I heard a 22-year-old girl tell me "It doesn't matter whether a man is wealthy or not. If he doesn't spend money on me, it's useless. A waste. " (No, this is not your wife said. )

Does your wife really want a future with you? Does she really understand commitment which marriage is supposed to be?

It reminds me of Gary and Merry: On and Off, swing from one side to the other. The chemistry was so well. The makeup was so beautiful. But this relationship makes a human's life less productive.

We are on the same page, SM, but Cathy might know better about a 24 year old girl. :cheering:

I heard a 22-year-old girl tell me "It doesn't matter whether a man is wealthy or not. If he doesn't spend money on me, it's useless. A waste. "

this is a refrain I've heard a few times... generousity vs stinginess...

I've heard it as 'giver' vs 'taker' which goes beyond money and takes into scope the general nature of a person......

At this time, all I can say is we had almost a 3 hour conversation on MSN last night and she was not making accusations and playing childish antics like other times. Her stepsister came to the internet pub and they looked at the emails I sent with photos.

I could see clearly she was freezing in the place and the fact she sat there for 3 hours in such coldness on a cold chair talking with me in a much different manner says alot.

I sent her enough money to cover the tickets that she will buy for my March trip and the additional money I promised her for January and February. Effectively cleaned out my account today per the budget.... all gone until next March renewal.

Waht can people suggest for the most efficient way to get her the funds? I sent an ATM card... that didn't work. I'm getting her a Visa check card to use like I have myself used many times. But ... perhaps there is a more efficient, less fee involved way? Today, the bank cost me $50 for wiring the funds AND told me the exchange rate was only 6.41:1??? What's up with that??? I smell them taking more money yet on the front end.

Any info appreciated.

Cathy definitely helped me get her back on the right side of the tracks with her thinking and behavior. Now.... she wants to know if anyone would be interested in her stepsister..................................................... uuummmmm............ any suggestions on how to handle that??????

Drew, Western Union....$14 fee...Yesterday the exchange rate was 7.14 You can send up to, just under, $7,500 at a time.

I'm too stupid to use a bank card or ATM card so I couldn't begin ot help you with one of those, or even know what the heck they are.

Good luck.

tsap seui

Western Union isn't good, I think, because it isn't as secure as a bank transer, I've heard. But I could be wrong.

My bank transferred $10k to my wife's bank at just a $30 charge.

I'm glad Cathy helped. I was in agreement with her, but didn't get into it much because she already said it so well.

If you'd given in to your fear, you'd be on your way to a divorce right now. Remember that the next time your relationship hits a rocky point: sticking it out and doing your best to understand is the quickest, smoothest way to retrieve happiness.

Kaifeng, Henan province.

I can ask her if HSBC there.

You could also look on Western Union's website to see their list of banks... it will show you names and addresses of where she could recieve it in her area.

Also, as to the ATM card... forgive me, but I have to ask. Did you activate the card before you sent it to her? And did you call the bank to make sure there wasn;t some kind of automatic identity-theft protection blocking it's attempted use in China without prior notice?

China postal is where my lil' lady picks up the money through Western Union.

From personal experience, 22 transactions to be exact, in China, I'll vouch for 'em. ;) My lil' rabbit walks up to the W/U window, fills out their form with the 10 digit transfer number I give her from my end and my name, quickly gets the cash (once $7,500 for $17) walks 2 windows down and puts the cash in her personal account. Too simple.

You don't even have to tell W/U what city it's going to, just say China, give them the name on your gals I.D. card, your name, phone number, and address, and the money will be there in an hour or so of you sending it.

Good luck, with however you decide to send her the loot.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)