Passed AOS interview!

I wish I had a stopwatch with me as my mental clock insists it did not take more than 5 minutes. I believe the case was approved beforehand.

Armed with a 4-inch thick binder and our interpreter, we were served at our appointed time of 9 am. We were led into the IO's office where he politely told us to have a seat. Mengwei and I were asked for our ID's and then made a comment about the 2-hour drive from Daytona Beach. I commented that I was quite used to the drive since I attended many InfoPass appointments, which garnered a smile.

The only comment directed towards me as the IO was looking at the file was that I was naturalized by birth in a foreign country as a US citizen.

He then directed attention to Mengwei and proceeded to ask the mandatory criminal, drug trafficking, prostitution, communist questions. She quickly replied a stern "NO" after each translation.

After quickly thumbing through the fie, the IO said everything is in order and then took off the I-94 on her passport and stamped on one of the pages the temporary I-551 stamp(2-year conditional). I commented that I wish the interview took place after our 2-year anniversary in 3 weeks for the unconditional 10-year green card.. He smiled again and said that I'm quite familiar with he process.(I have CFL to thank for that, but i gladly took the credit.)

He then congratulated us, said the card should arrive in two weeks, and wished us a safe drive and a great day.

I did not open my binder at all during the interview. It was a breeze.

Today we applied for her SS card and should receive it within 7-10 days. I also went to the DMV, and for those of you from Florida, you can bring an interpreter for your SO for the written test only. They do not allow for the driving test because of liability issues. I don't know if other states have the same policy, but worth looking into.

Tomorrow we go to Universal Studios. We deserve a break!

Edited by yimi386 (see edit history)

very nice....

and a huge congrats to the both of you.

im glad May is back home with you.

God bless you both

Thanks, Bill. I hope the process becomes more expedient for you and ChunYan. Good luck!

Yimi - finally! Good for you and congratulations to you both. Ours comes up on 2/4. I can only hope it goes as smoothly. :)

Ron, hang in there. We've both been through a lot with our similiar timelines. I'm positive you and Yonghua will prevail. One of these days, we're going to get out there to the Inland Empire!