Married in Wuhan !

Yesterday was fun and a blur !

YanYan and I married at the marriage registration office here.

Monday night we went to BeiJing and stayed at a hotel within 10 minutes walk of the US Consulate - I went in there Tuesday morning to ACS office to get 'affadavit of marriagability'. Interestingly, I ran across a fella doing the same thing, and I gave him the website address for CFL. It was easy thing there, they not ask for any divorce paperwork, just the name of your prior spouse.

The Vice Consul was friendly, and she was interested in my marriage plans .

We went back to Wuhan Tuesday night, and had a family style dinner with her best friends - I'll write more about this later - wasn't my first experience with home made family style, but WOW was it good, we laughed very much..

Wednesday, the 23rd, we start off with taking the 'marriage photo' for the 'marriage books' . Then we went to marriage office, start paperwork, they tell us which official translation office to go to to get English to Chinese Translation of my 'affadavit of marriageability'.

We went to that office, was something about Wuhan Engineering Office, Official Foreign Relations (and Translating) office.

We gave the paperwork to the auntie there, and she told us was ready after lunch, so we go to lunch. We briefly met another couple there doing the same thing at this office.

After lunch, we pick up the english to chinese translation document, and go to the marriage office again.

We give all of our documents, fill out 2 forms (one for husband, one for wife), and the clerk prepares the documents. Lo and Behold, that same couple we met in the english-to-chinese translation office was there, we start talking, and I mention this website (again). So we have a new set of marriage friends, we marry same day, we have small contest on who's K-3 finishes first.

Finally, the marriage register clerk finishes our paperwork, and I have YanYan sit down at a table there. Since we are now officially married, I wanted a small celebration , just the two of us. I had carried red wine in small container (thank you the genius who thought of putting wine in cardboard boxes!!!), and 2 wine glasses that I borrrowed from hotel bar, and the rings.

I poured the wine into the glasses, we exchanged rings, and had a Toast to Happy Marriage!!

But we had to rush off again - we then go to the Notary Office here for translation of Chinese to English , for the marriage documents that the I-130 needs. YanYan knew exactly where to go and who to talk to, as she had done prior work here on her other documents that I needed for the I-130. We had the other couple tag along, and SHAZAAM! it turned out we saved them 8 days of paperwork processing time. My wife is amazing on paperwork.

Then we went for small hotpot gathering with 2 of her family members to celebrate, and then met up with Jing and An for a long talk.

The 23rd was a good day!!!

I'll write another post later , fill in details of where ....

Monday night we went to BeiJing and stayed at a hotel within 10 minutes walk of the US Consulate - I went in there Tuesday morning to ACS office to get 'affadavit of marriagability'. Interestingly, I ran across a fella doing the same thing, and I gave him the website address for CFL. It was easy thing there, they not ask for any divorce paperwork, just the name of your prior spouse.

The Vice Consul was friendly, and she was interested in my marriage plans .

We went back to Wuhan Tuesday night, and had a family style dinner with her best friends - I'll write more about this later - wasn't my first experience with home made family style, but WOW was it good, we laughed very much..

Wednesday, the 23rd, we start off with taking the 'marriage photo' for the 'marriage books' . Then we went to marriage office, start paperwork, they tell us which official translation office to go to to get English to Chinese Translation of my 'affadavit of marriageability'.

We went to that office, was something about Wuhan Engineering Office, Official Foreign Relations (and Translating) office.

We gave the paperwork to the auntie there, and she told us was ready after lunch, so we go to lunch. We briefly met another couple there doing the same thing at this office.

After lunch, we pick up the english to chinese translation document, and go to the marriage office again.

We give all of our documents, fill out 2 forms (one for husband, one for wife), and the clerk prepares the documents. Lo and Behold, that same couple we met in the english-to-chinese translation office was there, we start talking, and I mention this website (again). So we have a new set of marriage friends, we marry same day, we have small contest on who's K-3 finishes first.

Finally, the marriage register clerk finishes our paperwork, and I have YanYan sit down at a table there. Since we are now officially married, I wanted a small celebration , just the two of us. I had carried red wine in small container (thank you the genius who thought of putting wine in cardboard boxes!!!), and 2 wine glasses that I borrrowed from hotel bar, and the rings.

I poured the wine into the glasses, we exchanged rings, and had a Toast to Happy Marriage!!

But we had to rush off again - we then go to the Notary Office here for translation of Chinese to English , for the marriage documents that the I-130 needs. YanYan knew exactly where to go and who to talk to, as she had done prior work here on her other documents that I needed for the I-130. We had the other couple tag along, and SHAZAAM! it turned out we saved them 8 days of paperwork processing time. My wife is amazing on paperwork.

Then we went for small hotpot gathering with 2 of her family members to celebrate, and then met up with Jing and An for a long talk.

I'll write another post later , fill in details of where ....

Congratulations and have a happy life!!!!! B) ;)

I am a little jealous of you eating at a hotpot restaurant! B)

Congrats - there's a lot of people here to meet her when you bring her back to Houston

Congratulations and have a happy life!!!!! <_< B)

I am a little jealous of you eating at a hotpot restaurant! :(

Congrats and hope you have a great time while you are there.

Yes, got to love that hotpot....................

Mark buddy cheer up you will get to part take in hotpot again, trust me on this one. :D

Darnell and YanYan,

Sounds very similar to my experiece with in Wuhan. Went to the translation office, went to the marriage office, etc. Might suggest you try to Old House restaurant (near WalMart). I'd love to hear from your experience in Wuhan!!