Passport PICK UP

Hello

we are waiting for my wife's passport here in GUZ.

She got the approval slip on 17th and had it sent to post office here for pick up. And considering monday was holiday, now it has been 3 days.

Do you know how we can inquire about her passport to consulate?

Thank you

Have you been to the designated post office to try and get it?

Hello

we are waiting for my wife's passport here in GUZ.

She got the approval slip on 17th and had it sent to post office here for pick up. And considering monday was holiday, now it has been 3 days.

Do you know how we can inquire about her passport to consulate?

Thank you

Have you been to the designated post office to try and get it?

Yes, we had it sent to designated post office and pick up. We called them several times, and they told us other passports from 17th are already out but not my wifes

I just sent fax to American consulate asking about her passport, do you know if I or my wife can go to American consulate and ask in person?

It is not easy to wait here in GUZ so many days away from home with a 6 months old baby.

Yes, we had it sent to designated post office and pick up. We called them several times, and they told us other passports from 17th are already out but not my wifes

I just sent fax to American consulate asking about her passport, do you know if I or my wife can go to American consulate and ask in person?

It is not easy to wait here in GUZ so many days away from home with a 6 months old baby.

Yes, American citizens can go to the 5th floor any time they want. Just show your passport at the guard station on the 4th floor. Once on the 5th floor, the American Citizen Services is on the right.

Occasionally, it has taken as long as one week for the passport w/visa to show up at the post office.

We just found out that 'Call in Letter' has been sent out to the post office.

Although we called post office several times, they didn't tell us this letter has been sent out to them, instead we had to find out from US consulate.

Call in letter asked my wife to return to consulate for another finger printing. I don't understand why they could have lost her finger prints. Hmm.. it is too late today since they are working till 3 pm. we will go tomorrow and get her finger print done and return to Beijing.

Once again, thank you everyone.

Justin's family.

It will soon be over my friend, and your wife will have her passport with that beautiful VISA stamp in it. You've both worked hard and good will soon be your's.

tsap seui

Call in letter asked my wife to return to consulate for another finger printing. I don't understand why they could have lost her finger prints.
If your wife's given name is only one Chinese character, it's likely someone else has the same name.

If the passport has been sent out, you can contact EMS and give them the tracking code (it begins with two captalized letters then 9 digit and ends with "CN", that's the tracking code) to find out where it is. Your wife got the tracking code on the receipt of EMS after she got pink slip.

I would think that the finger prints may not come out clear enough, so they request another attempt in some cases. From what I could tell they process a lot of people in a short amount of time. I know that during biometrics they also seemed to be picky about the detail. They took a few tries for my wife, and it was a digital scan. <_<

Good luck.

Edited by yuan fen (see edit history)