Has anyone heard or tried this guy before?

Yes he is a member of this board, I believe "king" is his handle.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showuser=496

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9030

We handled our case completely by our selves, if relationship evidence sent to USCIS and to consulate is good then should have no problems.

Peter is good for consult when dealing with an overcome.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Claire, I haven't been able to get the link you provide to load, but based on the proven fact that Dan is never wrong I'll assume it points to Peter Paget and the firm he works for. I have met Paget and interviewed him to possibly handle a task that I needed to get done. In my opinion, and others here disagree, he proposed a fee that was well above what the task should have cost so I have concluded that he overcharges. No one questions his competence.

If you look here you'll see that the Consulate provides a list of law firms in Guangdong province about which they have no adverse information. This is as far as they can go because they cannot recommend particular law firms. It is interesting to note that Paget and friends are not included in this list.

Four of the listed firms indicate they handle immigration cases. I would recommend that, in addition to the firm you cite in your original post, that your boyfriend check out these four firms on the Consulate list.

I also agree with Dan that if you have a reasonable package to submit that no lawyer is necessary.

In my opinion $1500.00 is expesive for just the preparation of an interview. If you have all the required documentation and your relationship is solid you should not have any trouble have any trouble. It all boils down to you and your honey's comfort level and how deep your pockets are.

No need for attorney unless you have a problem.

I fully agree, the process is simple enough, and there is more than enough info and help available from CFL to 'do-it-yourself'.

I've also heard of attorneys screwing the process up, omitting pertinent information, taking their time to send paperwork, which only adds to the already long process. And as far as I know, having one doesnt make your case any better or faster.

Unless you hit a major snag, opting to do it yourself and save the money is probably a good choice.

In my own circumstance, I decided that saving the lawyer fees and using it on another trip to China would do far more for our relationship and visa than the attorney.

http://www.gzglobal.net/index2.asp My boyfriend said it takes $1500 to hire this guy to ensure everything for the P3 and the process to the interview... Hmm....... What do you guys think?

Hi Claire

Not sure where you are in CA but you can find a lot of immigration service in Chinese yellow page if you are afraid making any mistake. We use 東方事務所 at SF. They charged me $150. for filing the K1 inluding all the filing, translations and notary (you just supply them the info, pictures and sign the paper. They will even make the relationship letter for you.). I just file Lulu's AOS with them 2 weeks ago and the price is $250. Good luck.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Edited by hi5pro (see edit history)