Employment Verification Letter

Hey everyone,

I tried to find the answers to these questions myself, but was not successful. I have written my employment verification letter for my I-134 which I will have my employer sign and date when the time comes. Does this letter need to be notarized? (I hope not)

What is the correct address for the consulate in Guangzhou? I know my fiancee will be taking it to the interview in person, but I would like to have the proper address on the letter so that it looks all prim and proper like any good business letter should. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Hey everyone,

I tried to find the answers to these questions myself, but was not successful. I have written my employment verification letter for my I-134 which I will have my employer sign and date when the time comes. Does this letter need to be notarized? (I hope not)

What is the correct address for the consulate in Guangzhou? I know my fiancee will be taking it to the interview in person, but I would like to have the proper address on the letter so that it looks all prim and proper like any good business letter should. Thanks. :rolleyes:

For the purposes of the letter, I don't think it would matter which of the two addresses you used, the new downtown office or the Shamian Is. office, but the OF-169 package is sent to the Shamian office, so I would use that one:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

Immigrant Visa Section

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

The I-134 form is notarized, validating your signature, however the employment form itself, would not need a separate notarization, as I recall.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Hey everyone,

What is the correct address for the consulate in Guangzhou? I know my fiancee will be taking it to the interview in person, but I would like to have the proper address on the letter so that it looks all prim and proper like any good business letter should. Thanks. :unsure:

Make sure the emloyment letter is current. Assesing by your timeline, it may be a few months before the interview. I would have another printed and signed before the interview to reflect the date.

Hey everyone,

What is the correct address for the consulate in Guangzhou? I know my fiancee will be taking it to the interview in person, but I would like to have the proper address on the letter so that it looks all prim and proper like any good business letter should. Thanks. :unsure:

Make sure the emloyment letter is current. Assesing by your timeline, it may be a few months before the interview. I would have another printed and signed before the interview to reflect the date.

Thanks Roger et al. Yes, I realize it is very early for this letter. I don't plan to get it signed until the interview date has been set and is close upon us. I'm just trying to gradually put together our kitchen sink so I won't have to scramble to get it done at the last minute.

Hey everyone,

Thanks Roger et al. Yes, I realize it is very early for this letter. I don't plan to get it signed until the interview date has been set and is close upon us. I'm just trying to gradually put together our kitchen sink so I won't have to scramble to get it done at the last minute.

Nothing wrong with getting ahead for sure. We had most of our paper work done and ready!! Ha Ha There is always something to do, change, etc... I am also getting our AOS stuff ready because things will go by quick when she gets here.

I went ahead and had the employee letter, bank letter, and 134 notarized! It was my bank and were happy to help, the other notary works for my company!!

Mark and feng! B)

Guest Rob & Jin

The notary would have to watch the HR person sign it to be able to notarize it, correct . :ok:

The notary swears to your signature, and his seal has an expiration date on it!!

Mark and feng! :lol:

But its the employers signature that counts, not yours( the employees).You could have just made the letter up otherwise

The employment letter does not need to be notarized. It only needs to be addressed "to whom it may concern", the consulate address is not needed.

Company Letterhead

January 1, 2008,

To whom it may concern.

John Doe has been employeed with XYZ since June 1, 1990. He is a full time clerk and his salery is $25.00 per hour.

Jack Doe

(hand signed under)

Human Resource Manager

Atlanta Division

999-999-9999

If it makes you feel better to add the extras, go for it.

The notary would have to watch the HR person sign it to be able to notarize it, correct . :dunno:

The notary swears to your signature, and his seal has an expiration date on it!!

Mark and feng! :D

But its the employers signature that counts, not yours( the employees).You could have just made the letter up otherwise

Rob, I did not understand what you meant! In my case HR is two states away, so my direct boss signed it and we still had that notarized. It can not hurt, as I mentioned the notary is our CFO, so why not get it done? Also the bank letter was on there letter head, but it was notarized because there was one there!

Mark and feng!

Guest Rob & Jin

The notary would have to watch the HR person sign it to be able to notarize it, correct . :o

Mark and feng! B)

Rob, I did not understand what you meant! In my case HR is two states away, so my direct boss signed it and we still had that notarized. It can not hurt, as I mentioned the notary is our CFO, so why not get it done? Also the bank letter was on there letter head, but it was notarized because there was one there!

Mark and feng!

ok, i think we agree

The notary would have to watch the HR person sign it to be able to notarize it, correct . :P

Mark and feng! B)

Mark and feng!

ok, i think we agree

VERY GOOD.............about time!! ;)