751 Process Completed !!!!

Woke up this morning to this email:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC0xxxxxxxxx

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT

STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 10, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30

days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will

contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You

can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow

the link below to register.

They missed her birthday by two days, but we can just consider it a nice birthday gift from our government.

Now at the end of the year she can apply for citizenship. Sounds like this is what she wants to do. Then we can have her parents come live with us from time to time.

Around 3 months for removal of conditions, not bad...

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

Yesterday Ying and I went to San Antonio to get her fingerprinted. I was amazed by the upgrade in technology since the last time I had mine taken (about 4 years ago) with the digital scans. I almost made a major boo boo. I put in the address of the actual Immigration Office, off the website, in my GPS, which did take me right there. When I asked Ying what office we had to go, she showed me the letter, only to see it was it was a different address. Luckily we left home early and had about an hour to go till the deadline. I punched in the new address into the GPS, which basically led me just around the block to a strip mall where the Immigration Application office was, so we were still an hour early.

There was quite a few people there so Ying, thinking we had a long wait handed me her purse and ran to the "little girl's room." The clerk asked if I had the appointment, but I told him my wife did, but she was using the facilities. He said if I had her letter and green card I could fill things in. I did have those so we got started. Ying was given #60 and the counter said 57. It turned out that I-751 were using the white tags and blue and yellow were used for another form for which many of these folks were there for. Ying noticed and commented that most of the people there were Mexicans, I reminded her that this is Texas....

To make a long story short, we got there around 10 AM for an 11 AM appointment and was finished and out by 1055. Hopefully Ying will have her green ard in about two weeks or so. I'll keep everybody posted.

We sent the I-751 last month and it was received in Vermont on

12-31 as per the USPS website; but we're very concerned that we haven't received a confirmation from them yet. I called the bank to verify if the M.O. was cashed and they said no. Is this normal?

Yes, it is normal. Looking at the processing time for I-751 in Vermont, I wouldn't worry too much. They are not working on those as quickly as Calif. It looks like it might take you around ten months or so for processing. Lisa's receipt for AOS took 6 weeks.

Congrats !!! Looks like the process was about 3 months start to finish. Pretty quick too !

Yeah. That's what shocked me!!! Someone else in Portland area took around ten months before the July mad rush. I was expecting her to have to travel to China on an expired green card. Now, we can go for her son's interview with no worries. Also, he should get a ten year card once he gets here.