IMBRA....how do you know?

How do you know if the website you met on is an IMBRA?? Is there a list that I could look at to check if the website my father met his fiancee on is considered a IMBRA?

You will find as many answers to this question as there are people. Good reading is here on this subject.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=126

No list that I know of (USCIS had it at one time, but now is no longer active).

Bottom line is it is no big deal now (at first it was a big worry for many). It does not seem to matter if you check yes, or no, (to the web site) everyone gets approved (NOA2).

How can you tell? It is open to your own interpretation of the law.

No, there's not, but the answer you give doesn't seem to make any difference. That is, the reaction from the VO seems to be along the lines of, "Oh, that's nice" and then along to the next question.

If the web site did NOT offer any special services like introductions, translations, etc., then the answer would be no.

If it did, then post what services it offered, or the name of the web site, and someone will come up with an answer.

No, there's not, but the answer you give doesn't seem to make any difference. That is, the reaction from the VO seems to be along the lines of, "Oh, that's nice" and then along to the next question.

If the web site did NOT offer any special services like introductions, translations, etc., then the answer would be no.

If it did, then post what services it offered, or the name of the web site, and someone will come up with an answer.

Cherryblossoms.com appears to offer VISA services? Marriage broker or no? My father says that it is like any other dating site he had been on.... this one has people from all over the world, USA included.

Cherryblossoms.com appears to offer VISA services? Marriage broker or no? My father says that it is like any other dating site he had been on.... this one has people from all over the world, USA included.

Cherry is like any other web dating sight aka match.com etc..........

They only offer visa services not match making for $$, you should have no problems! :)

You know this is typical government with regards to the IMBRA. They want the USC to tell them if they used a IMB but they don't give a list of the ones out there. Maybe I'm asking to much. I'm sure I have nothing to worry about since we met on the website AsianFriendFinder.com. Just another dating site that you put a profile up there and start looking. No services offered. :angry: