Question regarding G-325A Form

The G-325A Form has a question that states:

Applicants's last address outside the United States of more than one year.

My father served in Vietnam and was in Vietnam for 1 year. Does this count as residing outside the U.S.? He lived on the base.

There are plenty of vets here Melanie. I'm surprised none of them have offered an informed answer yet,so I'll give an uninformed one. B)

I would guess that military service would not count as having lived outside the US. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm or correct me. :hug:

Guest Rob & Jin

I considered that question as pertaining to the last five years ... perhaps I was wrong.

For the petitioner its their last address outside of USA, no time limit. I dont know if it relates to military service, I would guess not .

My father served in Vietnam and was in Vietnam for 1 year. Does this count as residing outside the U.S.? He lived on the base.

The G-325A form is a multi use form for many different types of applications, thus sometimes the information asked does really not pertain to you (father). In your situation I would not even mention it (Vietnam combat related living) on the G-325A, JMHO.

I agree with everyone else. Do not bother listing military service.

All US embassy and overseas bases are considered US soil. This is why someone who is the spouse of a military person can file AOS while living physically outside of the US. He was technically living in the US as long as he lived on base. It would only be an issue if he had an off base address. This doesn't sound like the case, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

Melanie,

I don't know about others. However, like Jim Julian I extended my residences. He did 5 years. I opted for the many job applications I have done and opted for from the 18th birthday or the last 15 years.

I probably overdid it, but this was my choice, as I didn't want any "possible" glitches. However, Jim Julian did his for 5 years and he had no problems. I would probably stay with Jim's assessment.

Dave