Garlic tops.

We are looking for fresh garlic tops (the curly part) like the ones in this picture. The stores say they are scraps and just thrown away at harvest. China stores don't have them now, not till spring.

It would help settle a craving, any ideas?

If someone can get them for me at their local market fresh, I will pay priority mail to get them here.

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/SimplyMJ/images/scape-in-field.jpg

We are looking for fresh garlic tops (the curly part) like the ones in this picture. The stores say they are scraps and just thrown away at harvest. China stores don't have them now, not till spring.

It would help settle a craving, any ideas?

If someone can get them for me at their local market fresh, I will pay priority mail to get them here.

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/SimplyMJ/images/scape-in-field.jpg

Diddn't a pope ban them due to these cravings?

Time for CraigsList ! see www.craigslist.org - then look or post in the garden/farm area - pick the city closest to you.

If you were in Houston, I'd say go to Hong Kong Market to buy - they have them.

I grew 3 batches of garlic in my garden in 2007, maybe it's time to start yer own garden ?

Time for CraigsList ! see www.craigslist.org - then look or post in the garden/farm area - pick the city closest to you.

If you were in Houston, I'd say go to Hong Kong Market to buy - they have them.

I grew 3 batches of garlic in my garden in 2007, maybe it's time to start yer own garden ?

Great idea, thanks.

If you have a planter box, just push a few cloves below the surface and they will begin to grow.

Up until today, 8" of snow was on top of the box's :unsure: .

Some of the garlic we have inside in the cold storage area started to sprout and the discussion (craving) came up. We did plant a few bulbs in a inside planter, and they are about 1" now.

Last falls planting in the garden will start to produce in April, but we wanted something large and fresh more soon.

what are these used for?

Eating.

I figured that, but no medicinal purposes?? :unsure: :)

Good for the body, as is everything else that is eaten (not sure what part though, haha) ;) .

This particular garlic top was more of a self indulging crave (like a piece of chocolate if you stayed in China a long time upon the return home).

Mike, with that Chicago weather you might find you might need to invest in the ol' hippy's tools....full spectrum grow lights. :blink:

Fair dinkum, I am.

tsap seui

Mike, with that Chicago weather you might find you might need to invest in the ol' hippy's tools....full spectrum grow lights. :lol:

Fair dinkum, I am.

tsap seui

We got some beautiful warm sunlight that comes in the East windows in the morning, and the West in the afternoon and is free. Mama just could not justify investing in the bulb cost and electricity when mama nature gives it for nothing.

Results+effort+cost>result+want. :lol:

Mike, with that Chicago weather you might find you might need to invest in the ol' hippy's tools....full spectrum grow lights. :lol:

Fair dinkum, I am.

tsap seui

We got some beautiful warm sunlight that comes in the East windows in the morning, and the West in the afternoon and is free. Mama just could not justify investing in the bulb cost and electricity when mama nature gives it for nothing.

Results+effort+cost>result+want. :lol:

:lol: Mike, how could I have forgotten you are married to the most practical woman in the world?

Well, at least some poor ol' hippy light bulb salesman has been spared being brow beaten on his prices by a beautiful lil' Chinese woman with a smile on her face as she beats the garlic out of him, figuratively. :lol:

tsap seui