Realistic Timeline?

Our I-129F was received by the California Service Center on October 18, 2007. No further word from them as of yet.

We are shooting for an August 8, 2008 wedding in the U.S.

Are we being realistic?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is only my opinion....just i will say, sometimes miracles have been known to happen...many of us are now like the pig that the snake swallowed...and it is being digested verrrrry slowly.....i would not set a date for the wedding as yet...make plans for how to do the wedding is fine, but as for setting a date, i think is best to wait until you get the visa...you never know what curve ball guang zhou is going to throw at you....read, ask questions and learn all you can here..cfl is the best resource you will find for getting your lady here....great bunch of people with (i think) all the answers....best of luck...steve

Edited by steveandrong (see edit history)

Our CR1 took 349 days. From start to finish with the Visa in hand

I think it would have be 2-3 weeks faster though NVC if I didn't

have to resend some from, "forget the number"

check, recheck and recheck and recheck and recheck

did I say recheck?..... cross your T's and dot your I's

NA and None means the world to those gumnie folks

JMO

Bobby....

Not having your NOA2 yet, I would say doubtful at this date, because CSC is slow. Just off the top of my head, October file, approved at 6 months = April. 1 month to get out of NVC from the time it is sent by CSC = May. 3 months NVC-GUZ = August.Then GUZ - interview is about 2-3 months = October-November or so. If at VSC, then I would say yes because they approve quicker, but once it gets to NVC, all is the same. Look up the timelines of NOA2 - interview to get the best picture. Remember it combines all of CSC and VSC together for the adverage.

But then again, some have done it much quicker, so there is hope.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

Edited by MikeandRong (see edit history)

What is "NVC"?

Guest Rob & Jin

Not having your NOA2 yet, I would say doubtful at this date, because CSC is slow. Just off the top of my head, October file, approved at 6 months = April. 1 month to get out of NVC from the time it is sent by CSC = May. 3 months NVC-GUZ = August.Then GUZ - interview is about 2-3 months = October-November or so. If at VSC, then I would say yes because they approve quicker, but once it gets to NVC, all is the same. Look up the timelines of NOA2 - interview to get the best picture. Remember it combines all of CSC and VSC together for the adverage.

But then again, some have done it much quicker, so there is hope.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

Noa-1 to noa2 is running at around 150 days (5 months)

Noa-2 to interview is running at around 180 days (6 months) at the moment

So on avarage you are looking at maybe 11 months :unsure:

Our I-129F was received by the California Service Center on October 18, 2007. No further word from them as of yet.

We are shooting for an August 8, 2008 wedding in the U.S.

Are we being realistic?

You are being hopeful, but not realistic!! :) :(

Like Rob said 10.5 -11 months is the norm now! I sent my stuff out April of 2007, might get her and daughter here by the end of March this year!! B) :lol:

Maybe a Halloween wedding?? :)

Our K-1 was 8 months start to visa issued, however USCIS is tremendously backed up, they got a record flood of petitions last July from people trying to beat the fee increase, so may be some time waiting for NOA2, after that NOA2 to interview tends to be 5-6 months.

If you are planning a wedding, make sure the plans are flexible such as being able to get deposits back with little or no penalty.

Never set a wedding date until after you have the visa in hand.

Our K-1 was 8 months start to visa issued, however USCIS is tremendously backed up, they got a record flood of petitions last July from people trying to beat the fee increase, so may be some time waiting for NOA2, after that NOA2 to interview tends to be 5-6 months.

If you are planning a wedding, make sure the plans are flexible such as being able to get deposits back with little or no penalty.

Or just marry in China and apply for the CR1 and still wait, but she will have her Green Card on entry to the USA.

Or just marry in China and apply for the CR1 and still wait, but she will have her Green Card on entry to the USA.

Do you have news for me big man, do I need to plan a Shenzhen trip with you??? :P

Do you have news for me big man, do I need to plan a Shenzhen trip with you??? :P

Let's just say I am ring shopping and getting the needed papers together.

Let's just say I am ring shopping and getting the needed papers together.

OK, got a few pot holes to avoid so PM me tomorrow!

Mark

is only my opinion....just i will say, sometimes miracles have been known to happen...many of us are now like the pig that the snake swallowed...and it is being digested verrrrry slowly.....i would not set a date for the wedding as yet...make plans for how to do the wedding is fine, but as for setting a date, i think is best to wait until you get the visa...you never know what curve ball guang zhou is going to throw at you....read, ask questions and learn all you can here..cfl is the best resource you will find for getting your lady here....great bunch of people with (i think) all the answers....best of luck...steve

I am forever hoping for an April miracle !!! :angry:

I am so black and blue, from kicking myself, for not getting my I-130 and I-129F, off earlier in the year. However, I did not foresee, on my crystal ball, the delay due to so many trying to beat the fee increase in July !!!

Hongxia and I are also so happy now, that we went ahead and decided to get married in China; her family is appreciative of that too.

I will most likely wait until a week or two before the interview, to return to Guangzhou. As much as I miss my woman, we cannot endure another goodbye at the Baiyun airport !!!

BTW, Steve, it looks like our NVC to GUZ date is identical and most likely our files in the same shipping box, in the warehouse, at GUZ !!?? ;)

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)