What's the Normal Waiting Time?

I haven't heard a thing since biometrics the first of September. Some, who have filed after we did, have their green cards already. What is the "reasonable" time to wait, if there is any such thing as "reason?" <_<

I finally got in contact with USCIS. My receipt number is good, but they haven't worked the case yet. The woman, (who was a jerk) said that they received a huge amount of applications in July and August and they just haven't gotten to it yet. Yes, she had an attitude. She had me put my wife on the phone after I had told her that she does not speak much English. She asked her several questions. She asked her birth date which my wife did not understand. She said, "put your husband back on the phone." She asked me why my wife did not know her birthdate. I then asked my wife her birthdate and she spoke into the phone and told the lady. The lady seemed pissed and wanted to know why my wife would not answer her and tell her the birthdate. I said, I don't know, maybe she understands me because I'm standing right here in front of her. She said, "well, that doesn't make any sense." I didn't want to get upset because who knows what they can punch in on the computer and delay you even more.

I finally got in contact with USCIS. My receipt number is good, but they haven't worked the case yet. The woman, (who was a jerk) said that they received a huge amount of applications in July and August and they just haven't gotten to it yet. Yes, she had an attitude. She had me put my wife on the phone after I had told her that she does not speak much English. She asked her several questions. She asked her birth date which my wife did not understand. She said, "put your husband back on the phone." She asked me why my wife did not know her birthdate. I then asked my wife her birthdate and she spoke into the phone and told the lady. The lady seemed pissed and wanted to know why my wife would not answer her and tell her the birthdate. I said, I don't know, maybe she understands me because I'm standing right here in front of her. She said, "well, that doesn't make any sense." I didn't want to get upset because who knows what they can punch in on the computer and delay you even more.

Doesn't gall you that your marriage continues to be scrutinized by anyone who thinks they have just enough power to do so? Just too unreal!!

Hang in there Ron.

Well, wouldn't you know. Today I check the mail and there is the NOA for her interview on February 4th. Now I'm convinced that the lady at the service center could have told me something. She chose not to. Oh well, forget her, now it's on to the interview. Yonghua is not understanding all of this, but I do my best to explain it to her. I'm sure she will think that she gets the green card at the interview. I will, once again, tell her that we have to wait more. She is happy about the interview. Thanks everyone for your responses. Jim, I like the mask, and thanks for the nice comments. Dennis, I think I would use a stronger word than "gall," but I can't post it here. :lol:

I'm sure I'll be back with some questions. ;)

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

Ron ... if Youghua has any questions please have her call my wife.

Thanks Jim, I'll tell her. It seems like they are asking to bring everything I had in the original file?? We already did the civil surgeon requirement.