he asked me what visa was Ling here on I said K-3

oh fiance he says

no that would be K-1

did you marry her ?

yes

then K-1 would be her daughter

no K-1 is a fiance K-2 would be a spouses child and K-3 is a spouse

I don't have time for your question you'll figure it out

as I was walking out a few minutes later I heard a lady ask him about renewing a visa online he tells the lady I can't help you with this its very complicated just fill out the papers and mail them the lady says I am worried about time he then tells her I AM A USCIS OFFICER THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY your visa expires in February you have plenty of time goodbye

where do they find these people ?

my question was and still is to get a learners permit DVM wants to know if Ling is eligible for a SS # or has applied for one since AOS has not yet been approved she is not yet eligible for a SS #

is this correct ?

thanks

Mike ... where did you guys go??

Usually these are contractor run USCIS support facilities. The lowest bidder is running them, not USCIS. The one we've been to down here seems to be populated, at least at the front desk, by overweight high school dropouts.

I'm very surprised you were to a support facility where an employee identified himself as USCIS.

my question was and still is to get a learners permit DVM wants to know if Ling is eligible for a SS # or has applied for one since AOS has not yet been approved she is not yet eligible for a SS #

is this correct ?

thanks

No that's not correct. She can file for SS# anytime after she's been here a couple of weeks. Wait that long for her to get into the system. Some do it before marriage, some after. Some in maiden name,then change, some in just married name. Check out the FAQs below to get a rundown of the process.

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_AOS_Final1.htm

is this correct ?

thanks

No that's not correct. She can file for SS# anytime after she's been here a couple of weeks. Wait that long for her to get into the system. Some do it before marriage, some after. Some in maiden name,then change, some in just married name. Check out the FAQs below to get a rundown of the process.

She is K3, so they need to wait for the SS#.

Jim we went to the application support center in Goleta which is just north

of Santa Barbara everybody was nice and helpful except for this guy who was full of himself and apparently could not help anybody

mike you are right we went in feb and tried to get lings SS card

I guess technically she is not eligible for the card until she after AOS we did manage to get her a calif. ID card after 7 months and several calls

of Santa Barbara everybody was nice and helpful except for this guy who was full of himself and apparently could not help anybody

I guess technically she is not eligible for the card until she after AOS we did manage to get her a calif. ID card after 7 months and several calls

or EAD

is this correct ?

thanks

She is K3, so they need to wait for the SS#.

My bad. Didn't look close enough at timeline. :xmastree:

well ling did biometrics today while she was doing the finger prints

I had a question and was directed to the man in the front office

he asked me what visa was Ling here on I said K-3

oh fiance he says

no that would be K-1

did you marry her ?

yes

then K-1 would be her daughter

no K-1 is a fiance K-2 would be a spouses child and K-3 is a spouse

I don't have time for your question you'll figure it out

as I was walking out a few minutes later I heard a lady ask him about renewing a visa online he tells the lady I can't help you with this its very complicated just fill out the papers and mail them the lady says I am worried about time he then tells her I AM A USCIS OFFICER THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY your visa expires in February you have plenty of time goodbye

where do they find these people ?

is this correct ?

thanks

Once again my tax dollar at work!!!!!!!!

Immigration is such an issue these days and those doing it the legal way and this what you get?? :unsure: :xmastree:

Let's see now...

2008 for Mike and Ling - New baby, driver's license, a few fender benders, a few more filing fees... ah life is good, ain't it brother. :xmastree: