I just got back from meeting my sweetie in New Zealand. I got her enrolled in the University of Otago Language studies for three months. She is safe and the country is friendly. Many Chinese go there on student visa and immigrate there. It is winter there and terribly cold but bless her Nothern China heart, she is not affected. She was placed in the highest level class and has a great flat close to school. My trip there was mostly work getting her set up. She is safe so lets start the rumble!

Good for you, Richard, that is an awesome feat of planning.

Did NZ open up their immigration again? I ask because you say "many Chinese immigrate there," but I had believed that it was nearly impossible to get an immigration visa for New Zealand and I would think they would be especially tough on the Chinese.

If NZ is open on immigration again, I would send our daughter there rather than have her hang out in China for the 5-10 years it takes for her immigration visa to the US. She just got her certification for being trained in cooking Chinese cusine. I am hoping that it will lead to her being able to find a job in one of the free countries where opportunities are much better.