Emails as proof of relationship for interview

So I've read that you should 'review the content' of your emails that you want to submit to the VO for the interview. Can this 'reviewing the content' include deleting some things you don't want in the emails?

I have some emails that are great; they show the love that Kun and I have for each other, but there might be a sentence or two that could be interpreted the wrong way by a VO because the VO won't see the totality of the conversation. You know, if the VO read the whole conversation through the series of emails nothing would look suspicious. But if the VO randomly reads something in the middle of a conversation, I'm afraid they might take it the wrong way so I just wanted to edit it out. But maybe I just answered my own question I should leave out those kinds of emails all together.

Being the normal interview length lasts anywhere from 2 - 5 minutes on average, I don't feel any VO would be taking the time to read much content of the emails, if any at all. Perhaps only if they felt that your relationship was not bonafide would they "maybe" begin to read some content of your emails.

If they do scan the emails during the interview, I would assume it would be to check the dates/times of the sent or received emails.

Don't worry yourself too much over a couple of sentences.

Clayton

In the past it has been an accepted practice to white out the parts of a letter that is a rather "personal" in nature. The main reason to see written correspondence is to prove you had a long term relationship.This along with proving you can communicate with each other. If you had a few E-mails per month that would be fine.These days they seem to want to see E-mails. However in the past phone bills were asked for along with letters from snail mail. We had samples

of all three.I felt it important that we included letters we both sent to each other. This being said Yan just mentioned that E-mails were asked for and VO spent about 15 seconds on them .

I disagree ... worry. It's something you can easily cleanup. Why take the chance, however small?

Agreed.

If you have a worry, don't submit it. Why would you want to submit a white out email that leaves you open to question what you are hiding. Either give it to them and let them read it all (who cares anyways), or pick and choose.

I disagree ... worry. It's something you can easily cleanup. Why take the chance, however small?

Agreed.

If you have a worry, don't submit it. Why would you want to submit a white out email that leaves you open to question what you are hiding. Either give it to them and let them read it all (who cares anyways), or pick and choose.

This is what my gut feeling was. And I do think I have a little more time to gather some more emails before the interview ;)

Agreed.

This is what my gut feeling was. And I do think I have a little more time to gather some more emails before the interview ;)

Many opionons here but...........

We chat on MSN easy, quick, and it stores your e-mails for very easy printing if you have it set-up that way. I have my feng's e-mails from number one until chatting this morning! :gathering:

No totally right or wrong answer here, some have got pink, some blue, some white! :signthankspin:

The more you have prepared for GZU, the higher your level of confidence is and passing and getting pink maybe a little easier!! :rolleyes:

The operative word, most of the time is, 'give them what they want'... I would only suggest that the interview evidence is the only time you can decide 'what to give them'...

Honestly: Emails are not proving a relationship as much as that you talked... so make it count... give them good exchanges. Don't get caught up in if it's too personal.. just that it expresses understanding or not.

You may want to delete specific dirty words with a sharpie or heavy pen.

You don't want the VO to be thinking about your SO in that sexy thong if that is mentioned in your email. :) That is particularly true if you get an older lady VO... meow!

However normal arguments shouldn't be avoided. It shows a genuine relationship.

Edited by I love Sunshine (see edit history)
You may want to delete specific dirty words with a sharpie or heavy pen.

You don't want the VO to be thinking about your SO in that sexy thong if that is mentioned in your email. :) That is particularly true if you get an older lady VO... meow!

However normal arguments shouldn't be avoided. It shows a genuine relationship.

Since they all are electronic, edit them. Remove the sections they do not need to see. The whole letter thing is stupid now with email. I moved them all into word and just created a 10 page document with email form early, mid and late in our relationship. I kept the email headers with the date and subject, but deleted private sections. left the bulk of the letter, no one could every tell.

The whole letter thing is stupid now with email.

It is very hard to fake a official envelope with cancelled stamps and the dated postmark versus an email. It is also proof that you took the time to write and go to the PO and mail it. Also proof of handwriting when compared to documents with signatures. Also proof of English writing skills. Last, it is really nice to receive letters in the mail written by someone you love and care about. :)

One of the reasons why I liked using snail mail is that Yan learned my address here in the US. We often sent each other correspondence in this manner. At least a few times a month a card or small gift and photos were in the mail. I would send her my telephone bills every month and had yan get copies of hers.Many people go through the interview without much problem. If you get the blue slip and they desire more proof that it is not a scam relationship .You cannot produce what was never sent.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=25480&hl=

Edited by lostinblue (see edit history)

I was sending my wife emails written in Chinese Character. This was a mistake because the GUZ wanted to know who was translating my emails to her.

RED FLAG!

REALLY?? They should have known that you can translate on the web for free at Google and others!! :roller: