A Dream Come True?

Thanks for the warm reception, you guys. I appreciate it! :)

It's been a long road for my stepdaughter. I only know a couple of others here who has had it as long. But it looks like it's almost over for her She will finally get that coveted greencard!

I sent the application and the CIS received it on August 9, 2004. She was only 13 at the time and unlike my wife, I was in no hurry to send hers off being as young as she was. The only incentive to mail it when I did was the cost. The cost went up a hundred dollars after age 14 and her birthday was in November. The applicant also is required to have biometrics done after age 14. Yep, money is a great motivator!......:lol:

She finally got an interview date, December 1, 2005, where the "mean old lady" denied her on the conditions that she needed biometrics done. I can't tell you how disappointed I was. So we went to Norfolk, VA for biometrics on Dec 27, 2005 and that was the last I have heard until I got a I-797C in the mail back in October of this year requesting biometrics. So off we went again, this time to Charlotte, NC on October 27, 2007.

Over the years since August, 2004, I have mailed several inquiries and made numerous phone calls to find out what's going on with my stepdaughter's case. All of this and it takes a dream to prophecies the movement on her case! Go figure!...It's kind of scarey! :o

Thanks again and keep fighting the good fight people! :)

Hey Tine, congratulations on the adoption. I have always admired you and Ella. You give out inspiration to us all! Take care, you two! :)

Last night I had the most strangest dream. I dreamed that the CIS sent me an email apologizing for the length of time it has taken to get my stepdaughter's greencard. The email was very apologetic saying that on my request they will send me all records involving my stepdaughter's case, etc. USCONGUZ was also mentioned in my dream.

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this strange dream I just had. It was a strange dream.

This morning I checked my email like I do every morning an lo and behold, there was an email from CIS!! I wasn't even thinking about the dream when I was checking my email but there it was! A email from the CIS:

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC043xxxxxx0

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 3, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

My dream literally came true! Above is a portion of the email I received this morning.

That is even more strange than the dream itself! It did come true. Why did I dream this last night and received the email this morning? Am I clairvoyant? Strange indeed! ^_^

Well, it's been 3 1/2 years to get this card. I'll be happy when it arrives.

congrats man!!! that's awesome and well deserved! such an unreal amount of time you had to wait.

:o

congratulations on getting the updated status of your step-daughters green card......and just to let you know ty, you also are an inspiration to all us newbies at here....you are always here to give us answers and encouragement and i for one really appreciate this....and not only you, but all the people here at the cfl....really a great bunch of people here

Last night I had the most strangest dream. I dreamed that the CIS sent me an email apologizing for the length of time it has taken to get my stepdaughter's greencard. The email was very apologetic saying that on my request they will send me all records involving my stepdaughter's case, etc. USCONGUZ was also mentioned in my dream.

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this strange dream I just had. It was a strange dream.

This morning I checked my email like I do every morning an lo and behold, there was an email from CIS!! I wasn't even thinking about the dream when I was checking my email but there it was! A email from the CIS:

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC043xxxxxx0

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 3, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

My dream literally came true! Above is a portion of the email I received this morning.

That is even more strange than the dream itself! It did come true. Why did I dream this last night and received the email this morning? Am I clairvoyant? Strange indeed! :D

Well, it's been 3 1/2 years to get this card. I'll be happy when it arrives.

Way to go TY!

CONGRATS!! :P :o :yahoo: :yahoo:

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On December 4, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status.

Got the above this morning in my email but I didn't dream about it this time! :blink:

I'll be looking for my mail this week to get that happy letter!

Thanks again, guys! :)