Which route do you recommend?

Which route do you recommend? I don't know if it will make things any easier if my man and I get the marriage license in china and then file the 1-130 and take the k3 route, or 1-130 and take the ir-1/cr-1 route... Or in this case since we haven't plan for to get the marriage license in china just file for the k1.

I would like to hear your comments and suggestions! Thanks folks!

Which route do you recommend? I don't know if it will make things any easier if my man and I get the marriage license in china and then file the 1-130 and take the k3 route, or 1-130 and take the ir-1/cr-1 route... Or in this case since we haven't plan for to get the marriage license in china just file for the k1.

is difficult to advise without knowing more about your situation....

is difficult to advise without knowing more about your situation....

My boyfriend and I have been talking for over two years now. Visited him twice. Now we want to live together here in the US and get marry, and start a wonderful life together. We want to be together as quick as possible. So we want to find out from ones here who has been through the process and came out of it, if it will be better if we get our marriage license in china, apply directly for the k3, or stay as we are and apply for the k1?

My boyfriend runs a small business in china, and I make over the minimum money the IRS requires for two. I am a US citizen born in California.

Ok! I hope this helps you to help me.

Edited by Claire (see edit history)

My boyfriend and I have been talking for over two years now. Visited him twice. Now we want to live together here in the US and get marry, and start a wonderful life together. We want to be together as quick as possible. So we want to find out from ones here who has been through the process and came out of it, if it will be better if we get our marriage license in china, apply directly for the k3, or stay as we are and apply for the k1?

My boyfriend runs a small business in china, and I make over the minimum money the IRS requires for two. I am a US citizen born in California.

Best advice I can give you is forget the most quick, with GUZ nothing is quick. Then it would be get married in China now and wait 1 year before filing. Forget the K3, and let the CR1 become an IR1.

Best advice I can give you is forget the most quick, with GUZ nothing is quick. Then it would be get married in China now and wait 1 year before filing. Forget the K3, and let the CR1 become an IR1.

I have a question based on your statement about waiting a year after getting married. Why do you say that and what is the reason for delaying a year before applying?

I have a question based on your statement about waiting a year after getting married. Why do you say that and what is the reason for delaying a year before applying?

Delaying 1 year, gets the visa processed, and issued around 2nd wedding anniversary, a person entering the USA after 2nd wedding anniversary enters on an IR-1 visa NOT the CR-1 visa. IR-1 visa gets 10 year permanent residence card, NOT the 2 year conditional card.

A person entering with CR-1 status get 2 year green-card with conditions that need to be removed 2 years later, costing an additional $545.

Why not the K-1?

The K-1 is a perfectly fine alternative:

Pros

1. It's likely to get him here the fastest

2. You'll get married in California vice China (at least I think it's a pro)

Cons

1. It will be a while before he can work in the US (but if he maintains his business in China from afar maybe that's not a problem)

There are many more pros and cons buit these are the ones I thought most important. Others will differ, I'm sure.

Why not the K-1?

Pros

Cons

1. It will be a while before he can work in the US (but if he maintains his business in China from afar maybe that's not a problem)

There are many more pros and cons buit these are the ones I thought most important. Others will differ, I'm sure.

After a long thought last night, I figure the K-1 might be the best route for me after all. For one thing, I'm only 21 and I am still in college, a part time receptionist. Fortunately, I make over the minimum money require for two by the IRS.

What do you think? I understand that by going down this route, we have ninety days to apply for a marriage license in California, and then go for the AOS, and then interview for a green card. Correct me if I'm wrong. If you can tell me what is the estimated cost for the AOS and afterwards stuff.

Thank you so much!

Edited by Claire (see edit history)

Why not the K-1?

Pros

Cons

After a long thought last night, I figure the K-1 might be the best route for me after all. For one thing, I'm only 21 and I am still in college, a part time receptionist. Fortunately, I make over the minimum money require for two by the IRS.

What do you think? I understand that by going down this route, we have ninety days to apply for a marriage license in California, and then go for the AOS, and then interview for a green card. Correct me if I'm wrong. If you can tell me what is the estimated cost for the AOS and afterwards stuff.

Thank you so much!

The fees are about $1000. Check the particulars on the USCIS website here.

Still in college, young people, yes ... I agree that the K-1 may be the best. You are correct about applying for the marriage license, etc, in California.

Why not the K-1?

Pros

Cons

Thank you so much!

The fees are about $1000. Check the particulars on the USCIS website here.

Still in college, young people, yes ... I agree that the K-1 may be the best. You are correct about applying for the marriage license, etc, in California.

Thanks a lot Jim. Merry Christmas to you and your family! :sweating_buckets: