Anyone else have problems

Has anyone else had these types of problems?

Interview set for Dec.4 P4 mailed nov.9 " never received "

Tried to buy minutes to talk to someone at the embassy but the website won't follow thru with payment.

Email site sends back an email that says " This website no longer receives incoming email"

NVC says there is nothing they can do. Fax has been sent but still no reply.

We have downloaded all the forms needed but we still need the invitation letter, She can pick it up when she goes for her medical but only if it's prior arranged and we can't do that if we can't talk to someone.

Can anyone help?

Dave & Jing

Hi iyan46

Our P3 is lost in the mail and it end up in my hand in US after 2 1/2 months. we can never have GUZ to respond to our fax and their "Customer Service Center" can not give us any answer. All you need right now is the P4 letter but I can not really give you any suggestion how to get that fast. You may want to have them to resend the P4 and reschedule the interview. Good luck.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Hi iyan46

Our P3 is lost in the mail and it end up in my hand in US after 2 1/2 months. we can never have GUZ to respond to our fax and their "Customer Service Center" can not give us any answer. All you need right now is the P4 letter but I can not really give you any suggestion how to get that fast. You may want to have them to resend the P4 and reschedule the interview. Good luck.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Thats an option ... but we would still have to talk to someone about that also. and so far we can't figure out how to talk to someone

Hi iyan46

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Thats an option ... but we would still have to talk to someone about that also. and so far we can't figure out how to talk to someone

Call DOS @ 202.663.1225 Then press 1, then press 5, then press 0.

They can contact the consulate for you.

Hi iyan46

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Call DOS @ 202.663.1225 Then press 1, then press 5, then press 0.

Thank You,

I just did what you said and called, The gentlman said that she should just show up on the interview date with her birth Cert, ( Original ) police report and everything else and just tell them the letter didn't come and they will pull her file then.

I am going to pass this on to Jing and keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks Gino

Thank You,

I just did what you said and called, The gentlman said that she should just show up on the interview date with her birth Cert, ( Original ) police report and everything else and just tell them the letter didn't come and they will pull her file then.

Thanks Gino

What they tell you here doesn't always correspond to consulate policy. They may not let her in without an appointment letter.

Contact them by emal at http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html , and request a new appointment letter.

Edit: Hopefully, this isn't the site that you said " This website no longer receives incoming email" about. It wouldn't load just now.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Thank You,

Thanks Gino

What they tell you here doesn't always correspond to consulate policy. They may not let her in without an appointment letter.

Contact them by emal at http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html , and request a new appointment letter.

Edit: Hopefully, this isn't the site that you said " This website no longer receives incoming email" about. It wouldn't load just now.

That would be the same website

Thank You,

Thanks Gino

That would be the same website

Until just now, that was the best way to communicate with them, unfortunately.

I'll suggest you to call DOS as dnoblett said ASAP. Tell them the situation and see if they can track your P4 (EMS tracking system is very good if they are willing to find the tracking #) or provide you another P4 letter during ACH or reschedule your interview and resend the P4. I won't count on the fax and email responses from GUZ. They are just way to slow and time is what you don't have right now. Good luck!!

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

I'll suggest you to call DOS as dnoblett said ASAP. Tell them the situation and see if they can track your P4 (EMS tracking system is very good if they are willing to find the tracking #) or provide you another P4 letter during ACH or reschedule your interview and resend the P4. I won't count on the fax and email responses from GUZ. They are just way to slow and time is what you don't have right now. Good luck!!

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

I did contact NVC the guy there said " tell her to just show up and tell them it didn't come and they will give her another one" I doubt that could happen. I have sent a detailed email to the NVC and asked them for help that way and i will also call back again on Mon. morning.

Rescheduling is not a huge problem but we still have to contact a real person even to do that.

When i call again on Monday morning i will ask them about tracking the P4 and if they can contact the Embassy in Guangzhou about reissuing the letter. I am not in Guangzhou or i would definatly be at the ACH meeting they hold on Mondays.

Dave

I did contact NVC the guy there said " tell her to just show up and tell them it didn't come and they will give her another one" I doubt that could happen. I have sent a detailed email to the NVC and asked them for help that way and i will also call back again on Mon. morning.

Rescheduling is not a huge problem but we still have to contact a real person even to do that.

When i call again on Monday morning i will ask them about tracking the P4 and if they can contact the Embassy in Guangzhou about reissuing the letter. I am not in Guangzhou or i would definatly be at the ACH meeting they hold on Mondays.

Dave

DOS and the NVC can speak for general policies of all (world-wide) consulates, but they can't speak for Guangzhou.

We need a way to contact the Guangzhou IV Unit. Email, mail (sometimes fax), and going there in person have been the only way to do that.

perhaps your SO can get in to get a duplicate appt letter. Perhaps if you fax, and mail them that your SO will be there on Dec. xx, that might get her through.

This is a bad position they are putting you in - I hope you get through it.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Dave

Your SO need the P4 letter to get in the Consulate to "tell them it didn't come". Did you ask DOS how can her get in the Consulate without the the letter? Good luck, Dave.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Dave

DOS and the NVC can speak for general policies of all (world-wide) consulates, but they can't speak for Guangzhou.

We need a way to contact the Guangzhou IV Unit. Email, mail (sometimes fax), and going there in person have been the only way to do that.

perhaps your SO can get in to get a duplicate appt letter. Perhaps if you fax, and mail them that your SO will be there on Dec. xx, that might get her through.

This is a bad position they are putting you in - I hope you get through it.

I agree about the email or a phone number for us to get through on but unfortunatly the email link just sends an auto reply that says they no longer accept incoming email, i tried to buy minutes to call them and that didn't work, My SO sent a fax but so far no response, so the only way i know is to contact the NVC and ask if they will help. On Mon morn ( Guangzhou time ) i will call the number to contact the help desk at the embassy and see if i can get somewhere there.

Jing is very upset over all of this but i told her we will never give up and if i have to i will go there and talk to them myself. Unfortunatly i can't get there before her interview date.

We really do appreciate all them help we are getting in CFL ... it helps to talk to others who are going thru the same process even if this case is alittle messed up so far. And we are keeping our hopes up that the P4 Pkg will still arrive before she has to go to Guangzhou

Dave & Jing