Detailed Interview Results

:ph34r: Finally back to Shanghai, and here's the details of our interview:

We flew to Guangzhou on the 14th with her mom, and stayed at Mr. Xia's place.

The next morning we got to the Consulate @ 6:45am on the 15th, we were told to line up in the "Immigrant Line" on the left side.

The line didnt start moving till around 7:30am. The security guy was checking the appointment letters and SO's passports one by one, and then they were allowed to enter the building.

She took the elevator up to the 4th floor, lined up again, but the immigrant line was rather fast, passed security again, showed appointment letter and passport again, then up to the 5th floor ( the interview floor ). At this floor, they all needed to go through security a 3rd time.

40mins after sitting down, Yuki was called to go to window#25 to open the medical packet. (X-ray was not needed since the results were normal) That was a chinese lady at that window, she was asked the following questions :

• Have you been to US before?
  • For how long?
  • Have you been to Canada before?
  • What did you do there? For how long?
  • Do you have the police report from there?

Afterwards, Yuki was asked to sign 3 forms in front of her. (Those were the ones in the P4 packet.) She was also given a number.

Went back to the seat, after another 30mins, everyone stood up to give a vow. Soon after Yuki was called to go to Window#18 to get fingerprints taken quickly.

At around 10:40am, Her number was called and it flashed at Window#28. The VO was a nice young man. The whole interview lasted around 2mins and conducted in English only. She walked up and greeted the VO:

Y: Good morning, Sir.

V: (writing something, then looks up) Good morning.

May I have the passports?

Y: (Hands in all passports) Sure, here are the current ones...and

these are the previous ones. I also have the photocopy of the

passport that I lost in Canada, would you like to take a look also?

V: Oh, no its ok. (Looks at all other passports and typing in

computer) So, your fiancee was born in XXXXXX?

Y: Yup.

V: How did you meet each other?

Y: In an online game XXXXXXX.

V: Oh, how did you start talking to each other then?

Y: We just started partying and chatting in the game, we also started

writing emails afterwards.

V: Oh ok, has he come to China to see you?

Y: Yes, two times.

V: When was 1st time?

Y: Last year July.

V: And hes here now?

Y: (Nods)

V: (Returns all the passports to her) May I see your pictures?

Y: Sure, we dont have many pictures, but we have lots of E-mails and

Phone call records. (Hands in a small album)

V: (Quickly looks it over and returns to her) May I see your Emails?

Y: Yeah sure, Let me get those... Ok... Here are the emails...and

these are the email lists.

V: (Quickly looks at 2 emails and returns to her) Can I see his tax

returns?

Y: Sure! (Opens the folder, pointed at the W-2s) Do you also want to

take a look at his W-2s and stuff?

V: Oh, its ok.

Y: (Hands in the Tax returns 2002-2006)

V: (Only looked at the first page of the 2006 tax return, then gives

them all back to her. ) Congratulations, your visa is approved!

Y: (Was still putting away the documents, didnt notice the pink paper

till she looks up) Oh, thanks a lot!

V: You are welcome (Smile)

Y: Have a good day!

V: You too.

She grabbed everything on the counter and tried to sort it on a table right behind her, but she noticed something weird, since she traveled to different countries before so she knew that you'd have to turn your passport in to get the visa page sticked onto the passport. However, somehow she felt like the VO also returned her current passport along with all the previous ones earlier.

So she double checked the passports, and yes it was there. As she had the passport in hand, she heard the VO also calling her name, he also realized that he didnt keep her current passport. Smiling in embarassment, Yuki waved the passport at the VO, and he nodded to her. She returned to the window and handed the passport to the VO. The VO said "thank you", and she just smiled, waved goodbye as she walked away. (I'm just glad that she didnt exit right away... :) )

She went back downstairs and we met again at the Cafe, and the rest as they say, is history.

:) Finally back to Shanghai, and here's the details of our interview:

We flew to Guangzhou on the 14th with her mom, and stayed at Mr. Xia's place.

The next morning we got to the Consulate @ 6:45am on the 15th, we were told to line up in the "Immigrant Line" on the left side.

The line didnt start moving till around 7:30am. The security guy was checking the appointment letters and SO's passports one by one, and then they were allowed to enter the building.

She took the elevator up to the 4th floor, lined up again, but the immigrant line was rather fast, passed security again, showed appointment letter and passport again, then up to the 5th floor ( the interview floor ). At this floor, they all needed to go through security a 3rd time.

40mins after sitting down, Yuki was called to go to window#25 to open the medical packet. (X-ray was not needed since the results were normal) That was a chinese lady at that window, she was asked the following questions :

• Have you been to US before?
  • For how long?
  • Have you been to Canada before?
  • What did you do there? For how long?
  • Do you have the police report from there?

Afterwards, Yuki was asked to sign 3 forms in front of her. (Those were the ones in the P4 packet.) She was also given a number.

Went back to the seat, after another 30mins, everyone stood up to give a vow. Soon after Yuki was called to go to Window#18 to get fingerprints taken quickly.

At around 10:40am, Her number was called and it flashed at Window#28. The VO was a nice young man. The whole interview lasted around 2mins and conducted in English only. She walked up and greeted the VO:

Y: Good morning, Sir.

V: (writing something, then looks up) Good morning.

May I have the passports?

Y: (Hands in all passports) Sure, here are the current ones...and

these are the previous ones. I also have the photocopy of the

passport that I lost in Canada, would you like to take a look also?

V: Oh, no its ok. (Looks at all other passports and typing in

computer) So, your fiancee was born in XXXXXX?

Y: Yup.

V: How did you meet each other?

Y: In an online game XXXXXXX.

V: Oh, how did you start talking to each other then?

Y: We just started partying and chatting in the game, we also started

writing emails afterwards.

V: Oh ok, has he come to China to see you?

Y: Yes, two times.

V: When was 1st time?

Y: Last year July.

V: And hes here now?

Y: (Nods)

V: (Returns all the passports to her) May I see your pictures?

Y: Sure, we dont have many pictures, but we have lots of E-mails and

Phone call records. (Hands in a small album)

V: (Quickly looks it over and returns to her) May I see your Emails?

Y: Yeah sure, Let me get those... Ok... Here are the emails...and

these are the email lists.

V: (Quickly looks at 2 emails and returns to her) Can I see his tax

returns?

Y: Sure! (Opens the folder, pointed at the W-2s) Do you also want to

take a look at his W-2s and stuff?

V: Oh, its ok.

Y: (Hands in the Tax returns 2002-2006)

V: (Only looked at the first page of the 2006 tax return, then gives

them all back to her. ) Congratulations, your visa is approved!

Y: (Was still putting away the documents, didnt notice the pink paper

till she looks up) Oh, thanks a lot!

V: You are welcome (Smile)

Y: Have a good day!

V: You too.

She grabbed everything on the counter and tried to sort it on a table right behind her, but she noticed something weird, since she traveled to different countries before so she knew that you'd have to turn your passport in to get the visa page sticked onto the passport. However, somehow she felt like the VO also returned her current passport along with all the previous ones earlier.

So she double checked the passports, and yes it was there. As she had the passport in hand, she heard the VO also calling her name, he also realized that he didnt keep her current passport. Smiling in embarassment, Yuki waved the passport at the VO, and he nodded to her. She returned to the window and handed the passport to the VO. The VO said "thank you", and she just smiled, waved goodbye as she walked away. (I'm just glad that she didnt exit right away... :P )

She went back downstairs and we met again at the Cafe, and the rest as they say, is history.

Thank you for the great write up!! This really helps us still down the road a bit!!

:ph34r:

Congratulations and may I add a very nicely added detailed interview results!!!

Good luck on your future life with your lao po

Best wishes, Qiao Zhi :DD

Congrats to you both.

Ping did walk out with the Passports, we realized it during lunch. Right after lunch we ran back and asked to guards to pass them up. The guards called up and told ping to go up and give them to VO.

Have a great trip home.

Edited by Don (see edit history)

Thanks for the insight on how interviews are conducted, :-) I hope my SO's happens just as smoothly. :P Congrats to you both! :blink:

I think the number of question could be well decided by the flip of a coin as the SO walks up to the window or the throw of a dart. :threeques:

Think it will come to pass and I am sure most will get the approval in the end.