Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions...

By the way is that a picture of your SO? If it is she is nice looking. Just remember all the wait you go through only makes it better. :angry:

I am guessing it's a webcam shot and, yes, it is rather interesting too...kinda avant-garde or out of the ordinary...very nice.

Oh, and welcome Zach. As I recall, you and IllinoisDave are the only Hoosiers who are active members here. :ph34r:

Thanks for the kind words about my SO....and then you go and break my heart :D calling me and IllinoisDave Hoosiers. Hoosiers are from Indiana, we're Illinoisan....or FIBS (depending on if you hate people from IL) :ph34r:

Quite a few Illini here now. Many things to learn and discuss. A long time ago i was from downstate.

What am I doing?????????????

Geez, I still ask that... :)

Seriously, welcome to CFL Zack. I hope you know how to wait. No one knows just how to surge of applications during July will affect waits, except they will be longer. So grab your bag of cheetos, dial in CFL as a fav and twiddle your thumbs to keep from going crazy.

Zack,

BTW, are you a north sider, south sider, west sider, east sider? lol . Just curious since I am a fellow Chicagoan from the northwest side :lol:

Welcome to the club! Just as everyone in this post has said before, sit back and relax until NOA2 arrives. This forum consists of a group of invidividuals with an abundance of experience and knowledge. It's great that you were able to join so early as I did not have that opportunity since I had no idea about this forum until my lao po told me about it. I didn't join until P3. That's when I got into it.

The very first steps I had to do it all manually, fortunately , the guys and gals here are so kind and helpful that it amazed me how fast they replied to posts. I'm very great and fortunate to be part of the group.

After you receive NOA2 provided you don't receive a RFE (request for evidence) which would delay your petition..

You should start colleging the following information and keep a organized folder full of the following information but there is probably some other things I left out... but here is some important info. you can gather for now.

Evidence that you two are in love and have met: The only thing I could advise you is to start keeping detail of your start of your relationship , first visits, receipts, invoices, emails, phone calls, etc.., Remember the first day you met, chat transcripts and emails, plane tickets, etc.,..

Start reading up on the forms for P3+P4 so you understand them well when the time comes to fill them out... But maybe that is a bit too soon..... Good luck and keep reading the forums as they contain helpful information!!!!

:)

I finally sent in my I-129F to the CSC today. I've only been preparing it for the past month. NOW, what do I do besides wait patiently and continue practicing Chinese?

:P :) :huh: Lol , I'm taking Chinese classes and learning as much as possible so I can talk to my LAO PO'S parents and ask for her hand in marriage XD

Zack,

BTW, are you a north sider, south sider, west sider, east sider? lol . Just curious since I am a fellow Chicagoan from the northwest side :P

Welcome to the club! Just as everyone in this post has said before, sit back and relax until NOA2 arrives. This forum consists of a group of invidividuals with an abundance of experience and knowledge. It's great that you were able to join so early as I did not have that opportunity since I had no idea about this forum until my lao po told me about it. I didn't join until P3. That's when I got into it.

The very first steps I had to do it all manually, fortunately , the guys and gals here are so kind and helpful that it amazed me how fast they replied to posts. I'm very great and fortunate to be part of the group.

After you receive NOA2 provided you don't receive a RFE (request for evidence) which would delay your petition..

You should start colleging the following information and keep a organized folder full of the following information but there is probably some other things I left out... but here is some important info. you can gather for now.

Evidence that you two are in love and have met: The only thing I could advise you is to start keeping detail of your start of your relationship , first visits, receipts, invoices, emails, phone calls, etc.., Remember the first day you met, chat transcripts and emails, plane tickets, etc.,..

Start reading up on the forms for P3+P4 so you understand them well when the time comes to fill them out... But maybe that is a bit too soon..... Good luck and keep reading the forums as they contain helpful information!!!!

:lol:

I finally sent in my I-129F to the CSC today. I've only been preparing it for the past month. NOW, what do I do besides wait patiently and continue practicing Chinese?

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, I'm a Hoosier too. My I-129 F was receipted on 8-10-07, so I'm expecting 1-3 more months unless todays bulletin about hiring 1500 more workers might speed things up some. If the experienced workers now train these workers, maybe the timeline will be longer. I could retire if I could figure out what in the world is happening at the USCIS.

Marc

Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions...

By the way is that a picture of your SO? If it is she is nice looking. Just remember all the wait you go through only makes it better. :)

I am guessing it's a webcam shot and, yes, it is rather interesting too...kinda avant-garde or out of the ordinary...very nice.

Oh, and welcome Zach. As I recall, you and IllinoisDave are the only Hoosiers who are active members here. :lol: