I finally sent in my I-129F to the CSC today. I've only been preparing it for the past month. NOW, what do I do besides wait patiently and continue practicing Chinese?

Grab a bag of cheetos!................:rotfl:

-good luck

and wait some more................

oh and start reading all you can here, collect your paper work.

then wait some more. *It's like the army hurry up and wait* :)

Edited by Corbin (see edit history)

I finally sent in my I-129F to the CSC today. I've only been preparing it for the past month. NOW, what do I do besides wait patiently and continue practicing Chinese?

Welcome to the club, ZackinIL

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Yes, welcome!

There is a wealth of information here, contributed by many who have already gone down this path. This really is a situation where knowing what lies ahead will give you better odds come interview time and make you feel more comfortable with the process.

Not knowing is worse than being well-prepared in this case :angry:

ILS

Good for you my friend and, as others have stated, be patient, learn ALL you can, try to visit your gal as often as possible, and save EVERYTHING even remotely related to your relationship. You can sort through it all later.

Good luck, and frequent this website!!!

Like many have already said, read everything you can to be prepared!! :harhar1:

Many things to study and to make sure you know what is going on in the steps ahead!!

Like know what a NOA2 is??

Why do they call it a kitchen sink??

How many times should I go to China??

How many pictures do I need??

Do I really need to give a dowry??

What am I doing?????????????

Good Luck!!! :bleh: :) :P :angry: ;) :harhar1: :harhar1:

Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions...

By the way is that a picture of your SO? If it is she is nice looking. Just remember all the wait you go through only makes it better. :blink:

I am guessing it's a webcam shot and, yes, it is rather interesting too...kinda avant-garde or out of the ordinary...very nice.

Oh, and welcome Zach. As I recall, you and IllinoisDave are the only Hoosiers who are active members here. :D

Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions...

By the way is that a picture of your SO? If it is she is nice looking. Just remember all the wait you go through only makes it better. :angry:

I am guessing it's a webcam shot and, yes, it is rather interesting too...kinda avant-garde or out of the ordinary...very nice.

Oh, and welcome Zach. As I recall, you and IllinoisDave are the only Hoosiers who are active members here. :ph34r:

Thanks for the kind words about my SO....and then you go and break my heart :D calling me and IllinoisDave Hoosiers. Hoosiers are from Indiana, we're Illinoisan....or FIBS (depending on if you hate people from IL) :ph34r: