Blue slip questions

Mike, Jim, Thank you so much for your kind comments!

It seems no matter how we make the time line, my visa will be denied. When he started to suspect and gave a blue slip, VO wouldn't pay any attention to my strong evidences which show genuine relationship between myself and Larry. I feel so sad that honest people always suffer...

It is really an unfair society!!!

Maryann

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems no matter how we make the time line, my visa will be denied. When he started to suspect and gave a blue slip, VO wouldn't pay any attention to my strong evidences which show genuine relationship between myself and Larry. I feel so sad that honest people always suffer...

Maryann

My wife and I are in the same boat as you. Yes it is unfair but we have no choice. The VO rules and that is it. All we can do is wait and stay strong. Eventually we will win.

Maryann

Maryann ... you are not listening (sorry for being so blunt). The VO's are not "out to get you". They don't care when you met and when Larry got divorced. You guys just have to be free to marry when he files the 129 and you must have met one time (there are some exceptions but none apply to you).

They are looking for Chinese women who pay men in America to stage a shame marriage or shame engagement and sponsor visas.

OK! This is not you. Just give them what they want, nothing more, nothing less ... and you will be OK.

We really wish you well but how many times must we say this.

This is Maryann.

Chilton, I don't know why your K1 visa got denied, but I am so touched to see you two married and continued to apply for CR1. Yes, you will win, for sure!

Jim, thank you for your kind and positive words. You must be a very intelligent and warm-hearted person.

Larry revised time line again today, considering Mike, Jim and David's comments, Larry made some alteration---

Time line of our Relationship

02/2005 My Fiancee XXX separated from Her husband (put name here).

(I prefer to add "due to his bad working habits and gambling addiction". I remember David had ever agreed with the added comment too. )

08/2005 A business client of mine in the ... business, yyy who had been a customer of mine for about two years Introduced us, He lives in a suburb of Los Angeles with his Wife and owns (company name) and is an American Citizen. My Fiancee was one of his English teachers when He studied at a Foreign language school in (city name in China), He knew of my Fiancee¡¯s recent bad marriage experience (which at this time I was not aware of) As She was good friends with his family. In August 2005 He found out I was still single and said He knew of someone who He thought I would be compatible with. After my Fiancee agreed to let him forward Her E-mail address and picture we started to communicate and discovered a Mutual attraction..

10/2005 I applied for U.S. Citizenship, The desire to be together with my Fiancee gave me that extra push I needed to start the process and it has been long overdue.

12/2005 My Fiancee revealed to me she was married but working on a divorce.

01/2006 My Fiancee¡¯s Divorce from her husband was Finalized.

09/30/2006-10/15/2006 (16 days) First trip to China to see my Fiancee, I had known her for a year already, I knew her feelings towards me so it was time to ask the Question. During this trip (Mid-Autumn day Oct. 6th) I propose to My Fiancee with Her parents present and She accepted.

12/2006 On 12/15/2006 I was sworn in as a U.S. Citizen.

12/2006 On 12/29/2006 I started the Process of applying for K1 as I have kept my Fiancee waiting long enough already.

06/07/2007-06/21/2007 (15 days) Went to China for the second time to be together with my Fiancee , Her parents held a big Official Engagement party for us in (city name) on 6/16/2007 and over 110 Relatives, Co-workers and friends attend. Her Parents also gave us Beautiful rings handmade out of their ancestral bracelet (Her Dad made them for us, he is a skilled craftsman)

12/2007 Third trip to China to see my Fiancee, I will go to Guangzhou to attend ACH and accompany my Fiancee and offer my support as we submit this Information in response to the Guangzhou visa unit¡¯s request.

......................................................................................

Awaiting your comments. Thank you so much for your time and patience.

One last time ... :signthankspin:

1. Delete: "(I prefer to add "due to his bad working habits and gambling addiction". I remember David had ever agreed with the added comment too. )" unless you are prepared to provide official documentation to prove these points if the consulate asks for it.

2. Delete: "(which at this time I was not aware of)" raises questions that you don't share everything with each other; what other information is unknown ... you don't want the consulate going down this path as it will cause further delays.

3. Delete: "The desire to be together with my Fiancee gave me that extra push I needed to start the process and it has been long overdue." don't tie the application for citizenship to the relationship with Maryann ... see David's rationale, which I agree with.

4. Delete: "12/2005 My Fiancee revealed to me she was married but working on a divorce." adds nothing and creates doubt. Why was this hidden for so long?

Good luck!

I tend to feel that adding the reasons for the separation are to show no tie to anything else.. just relationship gone sour. I don't think they'll ask for any official proof of a reason; if the reason is documented in a divorce decree or application, keep that on hand.

It's not uncommon for a VO to ask the chinese SO why the USC divorced [without want of proof]; so I think this turns the table by giving a brief reason.

The rest of Jim's deletions, I agree with... particularly the last one.

One more:

12/2006 On 12/29/2006 I started the Process of applying for K1 as I have kept my Fiancee waiting long enough already.

I would simplify this as:

12/2006 On 12/29/2006 I submitted a I-129F petition to bring my fiancee to the US to marry and live the rest of our lives together.

While this is a bit of emotional editorial, it is consistent with the basic requirements of the petition...

Thank you all for your words of Wisdom, This is actually Larry posting this time and not Maryann (She does most of the Posting so its time I contributed) Once again I took the advice from a few of you and Revised the timeline again which will be posted on here a little later, I think this time it should be almost perfect if I'm understanding what all of you think is right and wrong with it, I did leave in the reason for Divorce which Maryann felt was important to add and I know at least one of you thought its not a bad idea to do so. The reason I added earlier (but have deleted in the revised timeline) the fact that I was not aware of Maryann's marriage at the time we met was that one of you, I think David, suggested V.O may think it kind of strange that I met a married woman and soon after decided to apply for my Citizenship so that I may bring Her here, I was trying to make it clear I had no idea of her marriage status at the time we met and did not find out until December of that year,But I also see your point that V.O. may think if I was not aware of this what other suprises had I not been told about.....But I'm kind of torn between leaving it in or out....for now its out......Thank you all for your advice (sometimes blunt but very appreciated) and Thank you all especially for comforting Maryann during these times.

Time line of our Relationship

02/2005 My Fiancee XX separated from Her husband (put name here) due to his bad work habits and gambling addiction.

08/2005 A business client of mine in the .. business, YY who had been a customer of mine for about two years Introduced us, He lives in a suburb of Los Angeles with his Wife and owns (company name)and is an American Citizen. My Fiancee was one of his English teachers when He studied at a Foreign language school in (name of city) He knew of my Fiancee¡¯s recent bad marriage experience As She was good friends with his family. In August 2005 He found out I was still single and said He knew of someone who He thought I would be compatible with. After my Fiancee agreed to let him forward Her E-mail address and picture we started to communicate and discovered a Mutual attraction..

10/2005 I applied for My U.S. Citizenship

01/2006 My Fiancee¡¯s Divorce from her husband was Finalized.

09/30/2006-10/15/2006 (16 days) First trip to China to see my Fiancee, I had known her for a year already, I knew her feelings towards me so it was time to ask the Question. During this trip (Mid-Autumn day Oct. 6th) I propose to My Fiancee with Her parents present and She accepted.

12/2006 On 12/15/2006 I was sworn in as a U.S. Citizen.

12/2006 On 12/29/2006 I Submitted a I-129F Petition to bring my Fiancee to the U.S. to marry her and share the rest of our lives together.

06/07/2007-06/21/2007 (15 days) Went to China for the second time to be together with my Fiancee , Her parents held a big Official Engagement party for us in .. on 6/16/2007 and over 110 Relatives, Co-workers and friends attend. Her Parents also gave us Beautiful rings handmade out of their ancestral bracelet (Her Dad made them for us, he is a skilled craftsman)

12/2007 Third trip to China to see my Fiancee, I will go to Guangzhou to attend ACH and accompany my Fiancee and offer my support as we submit this Information in response to the Guangzhou visa unit¡¯s request.

Appreciate all your kind and wise comments.

I still have a question that whether I should present a One page time line Only, or submit some supporting documents too, such as Photos, Engagement Party VCD,tax returns,letter of statements, telephone records, emails?

Because all the documents I submitted were all returned to me. If this time, it is not the previous interviewing VO, maybe I will get another blue slip requiring more evidence...

The conventional wisdom is to just give them what they ask for.

The supporting evidence you cite is pretty mundane and I don't see a compelling reason to submit it now. In your time line the only thing that is a bit unusual is the introduction by a business client. Nothing in your list particularly supports that. On the other hand if you make a special effort to submit something extra about that event you'll just shine a spotlight on it.

I think, if it were me, I'd just send them the one page. Others may have different thoughts and, of course, ultimately it's your call.

This is Maryann.

Chilton, I don't know why your K1 visa got denied, but I am so touched to see you two married and continued to apply for CR1. Yes, you will win, for sure!

Hi Maryann,

It was our intent to get married as was stated in the original petition. Too bad GZ could not see the forest for the trees but that is their problem. We carried on with our dreams. The CR1 is truthful and solid but then again GZ operates with a set of blinders. Sure GZ can throw a wrench in our plans but there is always plan "B". I wish the best for you and hopefully the very good advice here will help you. :rolleyes:

Guest knloregon

Larry,

This is an excellent one page response---I'm assuming you will have exact dates (d,m,y)

BTW, my wife Fei's VO was also a black American man (handsome?), and I will have to disagree with Jim just a little bit---if its the same VO, right out of the gate he started talking very quickly in English, and didn't even offer Fei the opportunity to speak in Mandarin. He noted that she had been a middle school English teacher in China, apparently as his reason. She was flustered but recovered. Still, he demanded to see my passport, even though there was no prior indication I was in GZ at the time---but I was, and she quickly took it from her purse, and threw it on the table. He checked the stamps, but that basicly ended the interview.

We both came away with the feeling that this particular VO WAS trying to trip her up..

I have seen very little evidence in the years I have been reading here that Maryann is likely to get the same VO, or have further experience with this particular VO in the overcome process...