Blue slip questions

Thank you so much, everybody! This is Larry's fiancee. I really appreciated your suggestion re our case.

VO returned all the evidences that I 'd ever submitted. He didn't keep any of them:detailed statement letters, Engagement party's pictures, tax returns...He kept None of them! In this case, I just present one page time line? I am a little bit scared... B)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much, everybody! This is Larry's fiancee. I really appreciated your suggestion re our case.

VO returned all the evidences that I 'd ever submitted. He didn't keep any of them:detailed statement letters, Engagement party's pictures, tax returns...He kept None of them! In this case, I just present one page time line? I am a little bit scared... :unsure:

This is Larry's Fiancee. By the way, on the blue slip, what VO required is not only a one page timeline, but also says " so many happened in 2006, Ms.XXX divorced, Mr.YYY became a citizen, clarify is needed on these events."

Actually, my ex-husband went to South of China in 02/2005 after we separated, I live in North of China. At first, he didn't agree to divorce until 4 months later, he met his new girlfriend. But he was too far away from the place where we should register for divorce. He had to wait until 01/2006 when Spring Festival was coming, he could have a long vacation and enough money to come back to North of China, then sign on our divorce agreement. Besides, property allocation also cost several months. That is why my divorce was not finalized until 01/2006.

Please note that in China, divorce procedure is different from the one in US. If both parties agree to divorce, they don't have to wait for divorce decree from the court. Divorce procedure can be finalized even within One day at Civil Affairs Bureau.

Therefore, my question is whether I should explain the above situation to VO on my time line to clarify why my divorce date was in 01/2006?

Thank you in advance for your idea.

Therefore, my question is whether I should explain the above situation to VO on my time line to clarify why my divorce date was in 01/2006?

...only if the VO inquires do you explain your divorce chronology.

Divulge nothing! Give them the ONE page item they asked for, no more-no less.

-good luck

This is Larry's Fiancee. By the way, on the blue slip, what VO required is not only a one page timeline, but also says " so many happened in 2006, Ms.XXX divorced, Mr.YYY became a citizen, clarify is needed on these events."

I tend to agree with you.. they are asking for clarification on the events and you should try to clarify as briefly as possible...

This is Larry's fiancee. Thank you for your comments.

Last night, I had a bad feeling that this VO is trying to deny my case. In VO's mind, this kind of situation is just a fraud relationship--introduced to each other before divorce and then applied for citizenship for K1 visa.

Many cases were denied even though their relationship are genuine. I had ever seen many genuine cases were denied in GZ Consulate. VO only focus on data, they don't care about evidences. From the first time I attended interview, this VO had already decided to deny my case, because he told me just post your documents to me, no need to come here again. He just wanted to post the white slip to me directly. And he kept none of my evidences, even my fiancee's tax returns, he returned all of them to me. If he didn't intend to deny my case, he should keep some of them.

Of course I would not accept, I must try my best to convince him that our relationship is genuine. So we prepared lots of evidences carefully according to every items required on blue slip and went to Guangzhou again submitting material.. I didn't post the material.

I submitted lots of photos and VCD about our engagement party, photos we took during each trip,

chosen emails,

telephone records,

IRS certified tax returns,

Letter of employment,

notarized handwritten letter of statements,

Explanation letter about my previous marriage

Evidences about me and my ex really not live together

Letter from introducer and pic that I took with introducer 4 years ago, pic that Larry took with introducer recently.

I think that is why this VO didn't deny my case the second time, as I submitted strong evidences. He had no enough excuse to deny my case. But he still pointed out an wily requirement which is using One Page time line to clarify your relationship. I think this is just a trick--One Page time line can give him enough excuse to deny my case! Because the time and the way we got to know each other really sounds sensitive, even though our relationship is really genuine. But in VO's mind, this situation is just a fraud. Otherwise, there won't be so many genuine cases were denied.

I don't know whether my feeling is right or not. Teddy, Jim, Mike, David and other friends here, please understand me and don't be mad with me, as I am so sad and almost collapse now... Around 20 days, we will know the result. Let's see...

Thank you again for all your patience and kind help.

LF ... no one is mad at you. We are all supportive and want to see you and Larry succeed. We are just trying to give you our best advice.

VO's do not try to trick you ... again, I recommend ... just give them what they want.

As for problems of meeting each other before the divorce is final, just see our time line below ... no probs!

Good luck!!

Larry's fiancee,

Do you have a name, gal? Mine is Ty.

I think the key phrase used in this thread, and has been used all along is, "give them what they want!"

Try not to worry so much about it. I know that's easier said than done, but try to be calm and when the time comes in 20 days, go in with confidence and your head held high! Give them what they want and say as little as possible. Let things flow like water and just maybe you will succeed this time. I have confidence that you will and want to hear it from you afterwards!

-good luck and be at ease!, Larry's fiancee :D

Thank you so much for your kind relief. It is the best time I say thanks to you all, as today is Thanksgiving Day in US.

Just call me Maryann.

Nice name, Maryann. I like it. Thanks for telling us.

I'm sure you have a great deal of pressure on you. That's quite understandable and normal but try not to let it get the best of you. Try to be above it all and handle it in the best way you can.

I hope all goes well for you this time and I feel it will. It seems like simple overcome they are asking for. Just present them with what the want. It all should go well afterwards. I think it will.

Good luck to you Maryann. Larry is a lucky man indeed!

Hello, everybody! I came here again with Larry's revised time line. Hope to hear your pure reactions to this Version .....Larry is so curious as he thought some paragraph still too long --

...............................................................................................

Time line of our Relationship

02/2005 My Fiancee XXX separated from Her husband (DDD) due to his bad work habits and Gambling addiction.

08/2005 A business client of mine in the .. business, YYY who had been a customer of mine for about two years Introduced us, He lives in a suburb of (city name) with his Wife and owns (company name) and is an American Citizen. My Fiancee was one of his English teachers when He studied at a Foreign language school in (city name in China), He knew of my Fiancee¡¯s recent bad marriage experience as She was good friends with his family. In August 2005 He found out I was still single and said He knew of someone who He thought I would be suitable for. After my Fiancee agreed to let him forward Her E-mail address we started to communicate and discovered a Mutual attraction..

10/2005 I applied for U.S. Citizenship, The desire to be together with my Fiancee gave me that extra push I needed to start the process and it was long overdue anyhow.

01/2006 My Fiancee¡¯s Divorce from her husband was Finalized.

09/30/2006-10/15/2006 (16 days) First trip to China to see my Fiancee, I had known her for a year already, I knew her feelings towards me were Genuine so it was time. During this trip (Mid-Autumn day Oct. 6th) I propose to My Fiancee with Her parents present and She accepted.

11/2006 My Fiancee wrote a letter to my parents in Ireland for the first time introducing Herself and Her intentions for both of us.

12/2006 I was sworn in as a U.S. Citizen, Finally with the fact that My Fiancee waited so long for me to become a Citizen I knew her Love was sincere so I started the Process of applying for K1, If she only had a desire to come to the states she could have met anyone who was a Citizen already.

06/07/2007-06/21/2007 (15 days) Went to China for the second time to be together with my Fiancee , Her parents held a big Official Engagement party for us in (city name) on 6/16/2007 and over 110 Relatives, Co-workers and friends attend. Her Parents also gave us Beautiful rings handmade out of their ancestral bracelet (Her Dad made them for us, he is a skilled craftsman)

12/2007 Third trip to China to see my Fiancee, I will go to Guangzhou to attend ACH and accompany my Fiancee and offer my support as we submit this Information in response to the Guangzhou visa unit¡¯s request.

..............................................................................................

Thank you so much for your continuous attention and kind assistance to our case.

By the way, I am also curious about whether Larry could request to see the interviewing VO at ACH ? I hope his presenting at ACH will help a lot to our case.

Maryann

Hello, everybody! I came here again with Larry's revised time line. Hope to hear your pure reactions to this Version .....Larry is so curious as he thought some paragraph still too long --

...............................................................................................

Time line of our Relationship

02/2005 My Fiancee XXX separated from Her husband (DDD) due to his bad work habits and Gambling addiction.

08/2005 A business client of mine in the .. business, YYY who had been a customer of mine for about two years Introduced us, He lives in a suburb of (city name) with his Wife and owns (company name) and is an American Citizen. My Fiancee was one of his English teachers when He studied at a Foreign language school in (city name in China), He knew of my Fiancee¡¯s recent bad marriage experience as She was good friends with his family. In August 2005 He found out I was still single and said He knew of someone who He thought I would be suitable for. (change to compatible with) After my Fiancee agreed to let him forward Her E-mail address we started to communicate and discovered a Mutual attraction..

10/2005 I applied for U.S. Citizenship, The desire to be together with my Fiancee gave me that extra push I needed to start the process and it was (change to has been ) long overdue anyhow. ( delete anyhow)

01/2006 My Fiancee¡¯s Divorce from her husband was Finalized.

09/30/2006-10/15/2006 (16 days) First trip to China to see my Fiancee, I had known her for a year already, I knew her feelings towards me were Genuine so it was time. During this trip (Mid-Autumn day Oct. 6th) I propose to My Fiancee with Her parents present and She accepted.

11/2006 My Fiancee wrote a letter to my parents in Ireland for the first time introducing Herself and Her intentions for both of us.

12/2006 I was sworn in as a U.S. Citizen, Finally with the fact that My Fiancee waited so long for me to become a Citizen I knew her Love was sincere so I started the Process of applying for K1, If she only had a desire to come to the states she could have met anyone who was a Citizen already.

06/07/2007-06/21/2007 (15 days) Went to China for the second time to be together with my Fiancee , Her parents held a big Official Engagement party for us in (city name) on 6/16/2007 and over 110 Relatives, Co-workers and friends attend. Her Parents also gave us Beautiful rings handmade out of their ancestral bracelet (Her Dad made them for us, he is a skilled craftsman)

12/2007 Third trip to China to see my Fiancee, I will go to Guangzhou to attend ACH and accompany my Fiancee and offer my support as we submit this Information in response to the Guangzhou visa unit¡¯s request.

..............................................................................................

Thank you so much for your continuous attention and kind assistance to our case.

By the way, I am also curious about whether Larry could request to see the interviewing VO at ACH ? I hope his presenting at ACH will help a lot to our case.

Maryann

Just a suggestion and a couple of word changes. The changes make it read much nicer I think.

10/2005 I applied for U.S. Citizenship, The desire to be together with my Fiancee gave me that extra push I needed to start the process and it was long overdue anyhow.

I understand your trying to justify your case with, "she could have met anyone who was a citizen already"... but fraud is fraud.. if they feel there is fraud it doesn't matter what the man had to do.

I now see what's troubling me about your timeline:

A friend introduced you two, and Larry filed for citizenship as a result of meeting you but before physically meeting in person and before your divorced.. In other words, he made up his mind to become a citizen for a [then] married woman , sight unseen. This easily leads to [fraud] questions and I think this is what the VOs are trying to sort out on some level.

Personally... I would downplay the citizenship issue somehow... I think the timing of this "introduction-filing citizenship" while you were married is the issue.

Maryann ... I would go with Mike & Rong's edits and the following additional changes:

1. delete: "due to his bad work habits and Gambling addiction." It adds nothing and invites Guangzhou to ask you for proof of his bad habits and medical substantiation of a gambling addiction. (You see how this extra stuff can get you in trouble??)

2. delete: "The desire to be together with my Fiancee gave me that extra push I needed to start the process and it was (change to has been ) long overdue anyhow. ( delete anyhow)" See David's comments

3. delete: " I had known her for a year already, I knew her feelings towards me were Genuine so it was time. During this trip (Mid-Autumn day Oct. 6th)" Again, this just raises issues they have other evidence to decide "genuine".

4. delete: "11/2006 My Fiancee wrote a letter to my parents in Ireland for the first time introducing Herself and Her intentions for both of us." Introduces issue of why did she wait so long, could cause request for the letter, could cause request for statements from Larry's parents.

5. delete: "Finally with the fact that My Fiancee waited so long for me to become a Citizen I knew her Love was sincere so I started the Process of applying for K1, If she only had a desire to come to the states she could have met anyone who was a Citizen already." See David's comments. This adds nothing, causes issues, and presumes to tell Guangzhou how to do their job.

6. add new item: "12/2006 Filed for K-1 visa" This should not be on the same line as the US citizenship item; see David's comments.

Please resist making this so long and complex ... you are hurting yourself.

Good luck!

I understand your trying to justify your case with, "she could have met anyone who was a citizen already"... but fraud is fraud.. if they feel there is fraud it doesn't matter what the man had to do.

I now see what's troubling me about your timeline:

A friend introduced you two, and Larry filed for citizenship as a result of meeting you but before physically meeting in person and before your divorced.. In other words, he made up his mind to become a citizen for a [then] married woman , sight unseen. This easily leads to [fraud] questions and I think this is what the VOs are trying to sort out on some level.

Personally... I would downplay the citizenship issue somehow... I think the timing of this "introduction-filing citizenship" while you were married is the issue.

David, Thank you for your attention to my case. Yes, I think VO may share the same idea with you. That is why my visa is kept prolonged and prolonged. I just feel sad that people who tell everything according to the truth will be denied, but those really fraud can be passed easily. Those fraudulent cases will never make their time line sounds sensitive. It has been One year from the date I divorced to the date Larry became a citizen. We can just say we were introduced to each other after my divorce was finalized, or just say we met on line. We can even don't mention Introducer at all! But we didn't want to tell lies. We just tell everything according to the truth. Introducer knew that I had been separated from my ex, the only thing was just waiting for my ex coming back to hometown to finalize divorce process. It will be such an arbitrary conclusion if VO deny my visa only based on suspection.

By the way, Larry applying for US citizenship was not only because of me. He should have done this long time ago but kept it postponed due to his busy schedule. Just my appearance reinforced his intention to become a US citizen.

Oh, my God! I feel frustrated now... If VO only focus on Time issue, that means, if this time my visa is denied, even though Larry and I marry and apply for CR1 in future, I will be denied again at CR1 interview because of the Time Issue....God, what should we do...