Blue slip questions

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much, Julian! I appreciate your efforts in refining my time line. And thank you for your idea, Don. But there is nobody translating letters for us. I can speak fluent English.

Teddy, I feel so warm to see your posting here, outside, it is freezingly cold...Cam cam this afternoon...miss you...

Sorry, Jim! This is Larry's fiancee. I saw a beauty's photo by your post, that is why I thought the person who post must be a lady. And I thought Jim and Julian must be a couple--silly me! haha~~

But I still have a concern, Jim. If you were a VO, will you think that me and Larry's relationship is fraud , after reading our time line?

Sorry, Jim! This is Larry's fiancee. I saw a beauty's photo by your post, that is why I thought the person who post must be a lady. And I thought Jim and Julian must be a couple--silly me! haha~~

But I still have a concern, Jim. If you were a VO, will you think that me and Larry's relationship is fraud , after reading our time line?

Oh, maybe my question is kind of silly. what I mean is, what's your idea about our case? I'd like to know the feelings from other persons who don't know me and Larry. Just tell me your real idea, it doesn't matter if you have any doubt re our relationship.Thank you !

Oh, maybe my question is kind of silly. what I mean is, what's your idea about our case? I'd like to know the feelings from other persons who don't know me and Larry. Just tell me your real idea, it doesn't matter if you have any doubt re our relationship.Thank you !

If I was the VO reading this, you would pink out easily. Just reading the emotions you want to include but can't is the seal to the deal. I believe you. :D

I think it is not unusual lately for a VO to ask for an evolution of relationship.

It appears that the first one you gave the VO was massive indeed. Perhaps the VO was having a stressful day and just didn't want to deal with a several page evolution that rambled a bit and was not precisely focussed ... so the VO gave another blue slip and asked for a one page summary.

When I read the simple summary it seems quite normal. There can be a separation and a later divorce in either China or the US ... not unusual. Having a relationship be the driving force behind an application for US citizenship, such as in Larry's case, is probably not too common but certainly not in violation of any rule and actually offers additional proof of how much he loves his intended bride.

In reading a simple summary I see nothing of concern.

However, in reading the much longer writeup one might think, why are they saying so much??? what are they trying to hide??? OR Hmm, these people are telling me, the VO, how to make decisions and do my job ... I think I will look at them more closely.

Bottom line, the simple summary would not make me think your relationship is a fraud.

This is Larry's fiancee.

Mike, Jim, thank you very much ! Now I am more optimistic. Last few days, I was dying, as I thought Visa Officer is trying to deny my case... Larry even prepared to quit his job and have his house rented, then come to China to be with me. I understand how much Larry will sacrifice ... God, Please... I hope this time, we can overcome...

Hi, everybody! This is Larry's fiancee. Again, here is a shortened Time Line of Our Relationship. Larry insistes on only write the simple time line. But I think we should explain some events so I add more under Larry's . Please kindly give us your comments. Me and Larry have different idea about another issue also--I think we should provide more evidences re our relationship to VO together with One Page time line. Because I worried that VO may deny my case if he can't find any evidence to overcome his suspect. But Larry thought we should only provide a time line. No more evidence. I thought it was too dangerous. Please let me know your ideas. Thank you very much for your kind help!

02/2005 XXX separated from Her ex-husband (YYY) due to His bad work habits and serious gambling addiction.

08/2005 Me and My Fiancee were introduced by our mutual friend¡ªWWW.

I work as a Salesperson for (company name)in trucking business. WWW owns (his company name) and he has been a client of mine for about 2 years. WWW lives in a suburb of Los Angeles with his wife and he is an American citizen. My fiancee was WWW's English teacher when He studied at an adult foreign language school in AA before he came to US. They have been friends for several years.

One day in 08/2005, WWW figured out I was still single and decided to introduce me to my fiancee whom he thought I would be suitable for, as he knows our characters. My fiancee wasn¡¯t sure at first, as she was still working on her divorce to be finalized. But she agreed to give me her email address, as she thought we might start from pen pals.

08/30/2005 I wrote my first E-mail to My Fiancee.

When I read the reply I know in my heart this was it. It was intelligent and humorous. From then we stayed in touch through E-mails, phone calls or chatting on Messenger every day to know more about each other. I found she was a very down to earth, kind hearted, sincere, and intelligent woman who has lots of self respect qualities.

10/2005 I applied for U.S. Citizenship. The desire to be together with My Fiancee gave me that extra push I needed to start the process and it was long overdue anyhow.

12/2005 My Fiancee raised enough courage to broke the news to me of her previous marriage.

I loved her so much I told her it¡¯s Ok as long as things can be worked out in order. I still remember her crying when she heard my reply¡­

01//2006 My Fiancee¡¯s Divorce from her ex-husband was Finalized eventually.

09/30/2006-10/15/2006 (16 days) First trip to China to see my Fiancee. I tested her for a year already, I knew her feelings towards me were Genuine so it was time. During this trip I proposed to my fiancee with her parents present and she accepted.

11/2006 My Fiancee wrote a letter to my parents in Ireland for the first time introducing herself and her intentions for me. My parents are very happy for the two of us.

12/2006 I was sworn in as a U.S. Citizen.

Finally with that behind me and the fact that My Fiancee waited so long for me to become a Citizen I knew her Love was real so I started the Process of applying for K1, If she only had a desire to come to the states she could have met anyone who was a Citizen already.

06/07/2007-06/21/2007 (15days) Second time to see my Fiancee.

06/16/2007 My Fiancee¡¯s parents held a big Official Engagement Ceremony for us in AA City and over 110 Relatives, Co-workers and Friends attended. Her Parents also gave us beautiful rings handmade out of their ancestral bracelet (Dad made them for us, he is a skilled craftsman)

12/2007 I will go to Guangzhou to attend ACH and accompany My Fiancee and offer my support as we submit this information in response to the Guangzhou visa unit¡¯s request.

Hi, everybody! This is Larry's fiancee. Again, here is a shortened Time Line of Our Relationship. Larry insistes on only write the simple time line. But I think we should explain some events so I add more under Larry's . Please kindly give us your comments. Me and Larry have different idea about another issue also--I think we should provide more evidences re our relationship to VO together with One Page time line. Because I worried that VO may deny my case if he can't find any evidence to overcome his suspect. But Larry thought we should only provide a time line. No more evidence. I thought it was too dangerous. Please let me know your ideas. Thank you very much for your kind help!

02/2005 XXX separated from Her ex-husband (YYY) due to His bad work habits and serious gambling addiction.

I agree with the added comment

08/2005 Me and My Fiancee were introduced by our mutual friend¡ªWWW.

I work as a Salesperson for (company name)in trucking business. WWW owns (his company name) and he has been a client of mine for about 2 years. WWW lives in a suburb of Los Angeles with his wife and he is an American citizen. My fiancee was WWW's English teacher when He studied at an adult foreign language school in AA before he came to US. They have been friends for several years.

One day in 08/2005, WWW figured out I was still single and decided to introduce me to my fiancee whom he thought I would be suitable for, as he knows our characters. My fiancee wasn¡¯t sure at first, as she was still working on her divorce to be finalized. But she agreed to give me her email address, as she thought we might start from pen pals.

Maybe a little more than necessary; I would try to shorten

08/30/2005 I wrote my first E-mail to My Fiancee.

When I read the reply I know in my heart this was it. It was intelligent and humorous. From then we stayed in touch through E-mails, phone calls or chatting on Messenger every day to know more about each other. I found she was a very down to earth, kind hearted, sincere, and intelligent woman who has lots of self respect qualities.

I would shorten; some short comment is ok

10/2005 I applied for U.S. Citizenship. The desire to be together with My Fiancee gave me that extra push I needed to start the process and it was long overdue anyhow.

um... ok

12/2005 My Fiancee raised enough courage to broke the news to me of her previous marriage.

I loved her so much I told her it¡¯s Ok as long as things can be worked out in order. I still remember her crying when she heard my reply¡­

I'm not sure this is relevant... the previous marriage has to come out at some point.. but why make a point of it ?? It adds some unnecessary drama to me

01//2006 My Fiancee¡¯s Divorce from her ex-husband was Finalized eventually.

don't need to say "eventually"... of course eventually, just say finalized

09/30/2006-10/15/2006 (16 days) First trip to China to see my Fiancee. I tested her for a year already, I knew her feelings towards me were Genuine so it was time. During this trip I proposed to my fiancee with her parents present and she accepted.

Don't say "I tested her for a year already".. that sounds a bit odd...

11/2006 My Fiancee wrote a letter to my parents in Ireland for the first time introducing herself and her intentions for me. My parents are very happy for the two of us.

ok

12/2006 I was sworn in as a U.S. Citizen.

Finally with that behind me and the fact that My Fiancee waited so long for me to become a Citizen I knew her Love was real so I started the Process of applying for K1, If she only had a desire to come to the states she could have met anyone who was a Citizen already.

Maybe a little too much editorial.. I would shorten

06/07/2007-06/21/2007 (15days) Second time to see my Fiancee.

Don't say "Second time to see my fiancee".. it feels too impersonal to me.. just say "Second Trip to China to be together with my Fiancee"

06/16/2007 My Fiancee¡¯s parents held a big Official Engagement Ceremony for us in AA City and over 110 Relatives, Co-workers and Friends attended. Her Parents also gave us beautiful rings handmade out of their ancestral bracelet (Dad made them for us, he is a skilled craftsman)

Shorten if possible

12/2007 I will go to Guangzhou to attend ACH and accompany My Fiancee and offer my support as we submit this information in response to the Guangzhou visa unit¡¯s request.

Is this a third trip to China to be with her? I would word it like that, instead of sounding like it's only for a trip to GUZ...

See comments above in blue...

Letter: I would revise and see how it fits to a page (or is longer).. I do think shorter is better since they want a timeline, but I think some comments are ok.

Evidence: Without knowing what has been submitted previously and it's unclear to me if another VO has taken over this case (I get a feeling of this but not really sure)... I would be inclined to add some evidence that ties directly to the timeline. Maybe only include two pictures from each trip, and two from the ceremony with parents (or of the ancestral braclet); Label them on back with dates and people involved. This reminds the VO that people are invovled in this, not just ink and pen...

Since they said the last time was too much stuff you do want to be careful not to over do it...

LF ... again you're drifting back to waaaay too much information. It's better than your original "short" draft but still contains unnecessary material.

I would make the edits that David suggest at the very least ... and actually I'd try to move it back more in the direction of the draft I did for you earlier.

We understand how emotional this subject is for you, but, the VO is just trying to do a job. All the VO wants is a one page summary. The best path to success is to give them what they want, not what you think they should have.

We all wish you the best of luck!

LF ... again you're drifting back to waaaay too much information. It's better than your original "short" draft but still contains unnecessary material.

I would make the edits that David suggest at the very least ... and actually I'd try to move it back more in the direction of the draft I did for you earlier.

We understand how emotional this subject is for you, but, the VO is just trying to do a job. All the VO wants is a one page summary. The best path to success is to give them what they want, not what you think they should have.

I hope things go well, it looks like you are close just give them what they want a one page summary. They still have you more complete statement.

I hope things go well, it looks like you are close just give them what they want a one page summary. They still have you more complete statement.

I couldn't agree more. Just give them what they want; no more-no less.

-good luck