trying to be patient

made another infopass appointment today,

she applied for her second EAD and they sent it back saying you have to apply for a 485 along with this, and that they had no records that she ever has applied for her 485.

:angry:

oh well, i guess i shouldnt be upset until i can say we've waited as long as Dennis and his girl has.

Don't feel bad.

I'll be sending the check out for our EAD #3 at the end of the month.

You pay for service that is never provided.

A private company would go out of business under those conditions.

Absolutely. I see business like this conducted in so many companies nowadays and it just sickens me.

Please tell me...why 3 EAD's? I guess they ARE NOT automatically processed and approved? What's that all about?

Don't feel bad.

Absolutely. I see business like this conducted in so many companies nowadays and it just sickens me.

Please tell me...why 3 EAD's? I guess they ARE NOT automatically processed and approved? What's that all about?

Sometimes the AOS process gets a bit off schedule.

The EAD is a document that proves you are here lawfully.

Perhaps another member of the 10% club would like to add something. :)

Good attitude, Bill. I had an infopass appointment regarding Mengwei's EAD. They say we would have to provide proof that we did not receive the biometrics appointment letter and NOA1. How do you do that? 180 bucks wasted, not to mention all the gas driving to Orlando and Jacksonville.

Who's the winner? The bureaucratic entity that empties our pockets and keeps us hanging over a cliff till no tomorrow.

I just laugh and shrug it off. No acrimonious tone, here. It's back to square one and search for loose change under the cushions.

Don't feel bad.

Sometimes the AOS process gets a bit off schedule.

The EAD is a document that proves you are here lawfully.

Perhaps another member of the 10% club would like to add something. :)

I thought EAD was authorization to obtain work lawfully before AOS is completed? Forgive me since I have not fully explored AOS. I thought once married, you file for AOS, file for EAD (early work) and Advanced Parole (leave and re-enter US), and they go through the "system" and just happen? (I also recall either EAD or AP fees are now included in AOS). If I'm totally wrong, forgive me. As I said, I have not yet done my homework on AOS (finally just clearing my head of everything else up to now!!! (interview next week).

I know I should be reading AOS FAQ's, but thought I would post this question here since I'm reading your unhappy story about 3 EAD's.

Edited by michaelt (see edit history)

I thought EAD was authorization to obtain work lawfully before AOS is completed? Forgive me since I have not fully explored AOS. I thought once married, you file for AOS, file for EAD (early work) and Advanced Parole (leave and re-enter US), and they go through the "system" and just happen? (I also recall either EAD or AP fees are now included in AOS). If I'm totally wrong, forgive me. As I said, I have not yet done my homework on AOS (finally just clearing my head of everything else up to now!!! (interview next week).

I know I should be reading AOS FAQ's, but thought I would post this question here since I'm reading your unhappy story about 3 EAD's.

EAD is Employment Authorization Document. It is also the first (and only) government-issued picture ID that you will get before the green card.

The EAD card is good for 365 days. You must apply for a new one within 90 days of its expiration. So after 2 years (less 90 days), you would apply for the third card. We're getting close to ours, also.

The fee structure is new as of a few months ago. Those of us who applied with the old fees must pay the $180 with each application.

EAD is Employment Authorization Document. It is also the first (and only) government-issued picture ID that you will get before the green card.

The EAD card is good for 365 days. You must apply for a new one within 90 days of its expiration. So after 2 years (less 90 days), you would apply for the third card. We're getting close to ours, also.

The fee structure is new as of a few months ago. Those of us who applied with the old fees must pay the $180 with each application.

Just an extra note:

In California, the state ID is only valid as long as the EAD.

So we factor that in when we apply.

Still $180? I haven't looked at the new fees yet.

Just an extra note:

In California, the state ID is only valid as long as the EAD.

So we factor that in when we apply.

Still $180? I haven't looked at the new fees yet.

The new fee is free - included in the cost of the AOS application. For us, it's still $180 (I think) - Oops - it went to $340 in July. Well, Jiaying better get her green card before next March!

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

made another infopass appointment today,

she applied for her second EAD and they sent it back saying you have to apply for a 485 along with this, and that they had no records that she ever has applied for her 485.

:P

oh well, i guess i shouldnt be upset until i can say we've waited as long as Dennis and his girl has.

Don't feel bad.

It's really quite disappointing that this sort of thing not only goes on, but goes on with alarming regularity. Last year when Sarah was experiencing some challenges with her green card I began to discuss the issues with a few local attorneys. Almost exclusively, each of these attorneys took the stance to not fight or push, but simply pay and give immigration whatever they ask for, regardless whether they are right or wrong. That bothered me a great deal; it's hard to know what to do in cases like these where the US is in obvious error. They also have one of the worst track records for ever admitting a mistake even in the face of glaring evidence.

Seems there must be a better way of doing battle with them rather than being in constant submission. I just don't know that anyone knows what the method might be.

It's really quite disappointing that this sort of thing not only goes on, but goes on with alarming regularity. Last year when Sarah was experiencing some challenges with her green card I began to discuss the issues with a few local attorneys. Almost exclusively, each of these attorneys took the stance to not fight or push, but simply pay and give immigration whatever they ask for, regardless whether they are right or wrong. That bothered me a great deal; it's hard to know what to do in cases like these where the US is in obvious error. They also have one of the worst track records for ever admitting a mistake even in the face of glaring evidence.

Seems there must be a better way of doing battle with them rather than being in constant submission. I just don't know that anyone knows what the method might be.

That is frightening when lawyers for the plaintiff all suggest one acquiesce rather than fight. :lol: That means the law itself needs changing.