can communists take fiancee visa?

My fianc¨¦e finally has her visa after they have received and read our letters, which we have been writing for a year, and they have not received until September. It happened very quickly once they knew about her situation. Now one communist official says the visa is no good and another official wants her to bring the visa to him along with all of her forms. She is very afraid they are going to take her visa or prevent her from leaving china. Has anyone had their visa taken away by the communists? She was sent away at the age of 16 and made to live worse than we would allow our dogs and cats to live. She lived like this for 2 years. For this reason and the fact that she has been a Christian since 2003 she is very afraid of the communists and what they can do. Please reply as she has gone many miles now to stay with her mother until she can fly here. She has a week and 2 days before she can fly. She will skip the first plane from Zhanjiang to Guangzhou and go to Guangzhou and fly from there. She has broke no laws and until recently worked at a state run propane gas facility.

sincerely: Bob

Edited by el1090 (see edit history)

We do it here in America all the time.

Example: OJ Simpson ¨C ¡°Flight Risk¡± Required to turn in his passport for fear of him leaving the country prior his to court date.

Living in a communist country allows the government to do what ever they want.

I would also do the same that David had suggested, however just be aware that they may have her ¡°Flag¡± as she tries to leave the country and board a plane.

My fianc¨¦e finally has her visa after they have received and read our letters, which we have been writing for a year, and they have not received until September. It happened very quickly once they knew about her situation. Now one communist official says the visa is no good and another official wants her to bring the visa to him along with all of her forms. She is very afraid they are going to take her visa or prevent her from leaving china. Has anyone had their visa taken away by the communists? She was sent away at the age of 16 and made to live worse than we would allow our dogs and cats to live. She lived like this for 2 years. For this reason and the fact that she has been a Christian since 2003 she is very afraid of the communists and what they can do. Please reply as she has gone many miles now to stay with her mother until she can fly here. She has a week and 2 days before she can fly. She will skip the first plane from Zhanjiang to Guangzhou and go to Guangzhou and fly from there. She has broke no laws and until recently worked at a state run propane gas facility.

sincerely: Bob

A more fitting and appropriate quotation for your sentence would be, "She was sent down...", not sent away; like in the movie, "Xiu Xiu: The Sent Down Girl."?

You're not the only one who has a girl that was "sent down" during the cultural revolution.

i would like to thank each one who has answered my question. she will stay at her mother's house until the day before her flight. she will then fly to guangzhou and fly to the united states. i want to thank david for always answering my questions. i also want to thank tywy_99 for telling me about the movie. i have ordered it from the internet. it should arrive in time for her to watch it with me. sincerely: Bob

I agree with Dave. Since she has evidently produced all the information required to get her Visa, I would simply stay away and go to the airport. Period !!

That is a very scary post when you first read it! :)

Most of us sit around and complain about how long it takes, while others have illness and this situation is pretty bad.

I hope she just gets her safe and then should never go back?? :)

i would like to thank each one who has answered my question. she will stay at her mother's house until the day before her flight. she will then fly to guangzhou and fly to the united states. i want to thank david for always answering my questions. i also want to thank tywy_99 for telling me about the movie. i have ordered it from the internet. it should arrive in time for her to watch it with me. sincerely: Bob

She may not want to - it is a very depressing film even for someone who didn't live through. Xiu-xiu funds herself abandoned at the end of the cultural revolution with no way home, except (she hopes) by having sex with people who claim they can help her. A very sad ending.

thanks for the warning randy W. i will take this in consideration but i do want to see it myself. i know my fiancee has been through a lot of torment and maybe will not want to be reminded of such things. i know there is much she has not told me. she cries when she tells these things. sincerely: Bob

First time I have ever heard of this happening. I'm curious as to how they even knew she has a visa. They certainly don't have any say so as to whether or not the visa is any good. I suppose they could block her passport but it sounds like a local official on a power trip wanting a bribe to me. I agree with David, lay low till it's time to go then scoot. My wife also lived through the cultural revolution and had to go work in the country side for two years. I watched "the sent down girl" with her. It was fairly accurate she said.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

to "warpedbored": this hapened when she quit her job and asked about retirement. they told her that she had to see a government official. she went there and he told her that her visa was not good. then another official asked her to bring the visa and all of her forms for him to see.she did not trust them.so she has left the city and gone to her mother's house which is far away. it is full day's trip by train. sincerely: Bob

to "warpedbored": this hapened when she quit her job and asked about retirement. they told her that she had to see a government official. she went there and he told her that her visa was not good. then another official asked her to bring the visa and all of her forms for him to see.she did not trust them.so she has left the city and gone to her mother's house which is far away. it is full day's trip by train. sincerely: Bob

Sounds to me like she's out of their grasp. Don't look back!

I agree with Dave. Since she has evidently produced all the information required to get her Visa, I would simply stay away and go to the airport. Period !!

That is a very scary post when you first read it! :D

Most of us sit around and complain about how long it takes, while others have illness and this situation is pretty bad.

I hope she just gets her safe and then should never go back?? :)

Didn't mean never go back.. just go to the US as you were allowed. Seh evidently provided her local police information... so why give some jealous or demanding person a chance to bribe her or make her life difficult ? :)

That is a very scary post when you first read it! :)

I hope she just gets her safe and then should never go back?? :D

Didn't mean never go back.. just go to the US as you were allowed. Seh evidently provided her local police information... so why give some jealous or demanding person a chance to bribe her or make her life difficult ? :sosad:

I wish you two the best of luck, I agree with everyone, lay low and leave asap. I will find this movie and watch it, I know nothing of chinas cultural revolution? Lao po is a little young :lol:

Edited by carl.hops (see edit history)

I just had a long talk with my wife about this. She says it is more about money than the visa. In a nutshell they want to get out of paying her retirement money so rather than forcing her to stay in China. Probably they want her to cancel her Hukou before they will give her the retirement money then when she does that they will say "oh you are not Chinese anymore you can't have retire money" So to make a long story short my wife believes they are trying to scare her out of town before she can collect her retirement.